Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 07:11 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times

Advertisements

This silly thread is still going?

You guys have me quaking in my boots over here. The Christian terrorists might... I don't know... throw some holy water on me! And my skin will disintegrate like in the vampire movies.

I think we should start a new thread about how the crusader and inquisitor zombies are going to rise from their graves, float across the ocean and get us. Because that's really scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Better take a qualude dude, you going to bust a blood vessel.
First he should actually bother to read the entire thread before blathering... half of what he claims has been debunked.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:13 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I think you mean "totally biblical".

Sorry if the characterization makes you uncomfortable... but terrorism is precisely what christians worship.

Turn or burn.
Again... nonsense. Christianity is far deeper than your understanding of it.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:16 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Kidnapping, bombing, and terrorist threats don't qualify as terrorism if Christians are the perpetrators?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_o...(United_States)

Sure, such acts qualify as terrorism. But in order to qualify as "Christian terrorism" it would have to be done IN THE NAME OF CHRIST. But, as you well know, that almost never happens.

And the Army of God had a whole 10-12 members and hasn't been heard from for about 15 years. Islam on the other hand...

Old 12-08-2015, 07:21 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Well this post definitely proves the point of this thread! Never a Christian terrorist, "that terrorist was not a Christian," apologetic tactic is always used.

Below is a synopsis of this terror:

8 Christian Terrorist Organizations
So if you say that you're a pink elephant does that you're a pink elephant? If someone says they are a Christian but does unthinkable things that does not mean they are a Christian. Period.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:25 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Again... nonsense. Christianity is far deeper than your understanding of it.
Did I say something that's less than true? If you're a christian, then you know I can back up what I said with multiple bible verses.

Or am I supposed to ignore those because you say so?

Old 12-08-2015, 07:37 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
I am not a Christian nor are any of my relatives or any of my ancestors. Therefore I like to think of myself as detached and objective. However I have an opinion, and it is only an opinion. I am not an expert on religion.

It seems to me that Christianity is older, wiser, more tolerant and certainly more evolved religion than Islam. Christianity was around for something like 600 years when Muhammad first appeared on the scene. Christianity struggled with the fratricidal wars (Western Church vs. Eastern Church, then Catholics vs. Protestants), the need for bloodthirsty conquest, the elimination of nonconformists (such as the Jews), etc. in the past. The Crusades took place 1,000 years ago, the Inquisition 500 years ago, the Pogroms 100 years ago.

Once upon a time there were Christian terrorists. No more.

Islam is centuries behind Christianity. If these religions were a single person "Christian" would be an educated middle aged polite person. "Muslim" would be a rude, rebellious adolescent who is careless and selfish. "Buddhist" would be the wisest, in my view ... oldest, mature, learned, and scholarly.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:43 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I am not a Christian nor are any of my relatives or any of my ancestors. Therefore I like to think of myself as detached and objective. However I have an opinion, and it is only an opinion. I am not an expert on religion.

It seems to me that Christianity is older, wiser, more tolerant and certainly more evolved religion than Islam. Christianity was around for something like 600 years when Muhammad first appeared on the scene. Christianity struggled with the fratricidal wars (Western Church vs. Eastern Church, then Catholics vs. Protestants), the need for bloodthirsty conquest, the elimination of nonconformists (such as the Jews), etc. in the past. The Crusades took place 1,000 years ago, the Inquisition 500 years ago, the Pogroms 100 years ago.

Once upon a time there were Christian terrorists. No more.

Islam is centuries behind Christianity. If these religions were a single person "Christian" would be an educated middle aged polite person. "Muslim" would be a rude, rebellious adolescent who is careless and selfish. "Buddhist" would be the wisest, in my view ... oldest, mature, learned, and scholarly.
not sure about that- there are still wars in Ireland areas

A key issue was the constitutional status of Northern Ireland. Unionists/loyalists, who are mostly Protestants and consider themselves British, generally want Northern Ireland to remain within the United Kingdom. Nationalists/republicans, who are mostly Roman Catholics and view themselves as Irish, generally want it to leave the United Kingdom and join a united Ireland.

they have clashes bombings killing etc

Old 12-08-2015, 09:15 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
Defined or not, if a so-called Christian or Christian group commits a violent act - call it terrorism or don't - the VAST MAJORITY of Christians speak out against it & take action in both deed/law and punishment to stop further aggression and/or hold the offenders accountable. And no, I'm not talking about horrors that happened 50 to 500 years ago - most members of society thankfully have evolved since then. I'm referring to fairly recent atrocities since, let's be honest here, that's what we are really talking about wrt to the OP's question. And if you need examples of this, simply look to any crimes in the last 15-20 years that you might claim are committed by Christians....they didn't just "get away with it"...good Christians stood up and spoke out. (Nope, I'm not a Christian...but perhaps one day I will be)

Conversely, look at the number of terrorist attacks thruout the world committed in the name of Islam. Depending on whose estimate you choose to believe; there are over one billion Muslims in the world today. For every Muslim who speaks out against Islamic terrorism, there are how many Muslims that do not? 100? A thousand? Thousands??? My point is, whether through fear or adoration, the VAST MAJORITY of Muslims do not speak out against this. Even if only to defend their peace-loving faith, Muslims should be much MUCH louder in their disapproval of radical Islam & all that entails.

You cannot have a discussion based on the OP's question, without making that very clear distinction.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:34 PM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You guys are ignoring Northern Ireland and yes it was done often in the name of their specific beliefs.

That is the 2nd time you mentioned Northern Ireland as an example.

Far too many people, especially Americans have the impression it is/was an religious war.
For starters, it had little to do with religion, rather the religious differences broke down along Irish vs. British ethnic lines. Obviously the majority of British being Protestants, and the majority of Irish being Catholic.
So the IRA nor any of the Loyalist paramilitaries (or British troops) were killing each other in the name of Jesus, or their denominational differences.
Instead it was the Irish trying to drive the British out of the whole of Ireland, similar to what was done in the south, now the Republic of Ireland.

`

Old 12-08-2015, 09:35 PM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
not sure about that- there are still wars in Ireland areas

A key issue was the constitutional status of Northern Ireland. Unionists/loyalists, who are mostly Protestants and consider themselves British, generally want Northern Ireland to remain within the United Kingdom. Nationalists/republicans, who are mostly Roman Catholics and view themselves as Irish, generally want it to leave the United Kingdom and join a united Ireland.

they have clashes bombings killing etc

Read post 229
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies