Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 03:25 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times

Advertisements

You have better odds playing Russian Roulette than finding a 'moderate' Muslims.
Muslim Opinion Polls - Challenging the 'Tiny Minority of Extremists' Myth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 03:31 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Is this in Dearborn, Michigan?

I saw the video on CNN this morning.
The article says it is an association in Indonesia. The group has roughly 50 million members that receive its newsletter.

Hence them sending out messages of peace and not killing will reach the mailboxes of 50 million Muslims in Indonesia and some other places.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The article says it is an association in Indonesia. The group has roughly 50 million members that receive its newsletter.

Hence them sending out messages of peace and not killing will reach the mailboxes of 50 million Muslims in Indonesia and some other places.
Indonesia another Muslim country with the barbaric Sharia Law. They need to improve their human rights by rejecting Sharia Law, before signing these meaningless petitions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwzF4uW0uTU

Old 12-07-2015, 03:34 PM

1,431 posts, read 913,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
To climb a mountain starts with a single step.

Plus, that's the equivalent of 1/6th of the US population, which is already a pretty damn good start.

Also, out of those 1.4 billion Muslims, probably a good portion of those are minors. And of the adults, probably a whole other chunk of them are not even aware of the San Bernardino situation, much less this particular movement.

The San Bernardino attack is monumental to us, but probably not even on the radar of elderly goat herders in remote mountain villages of Afghanistan, for example.
Those goat herders know a lot more about world politics than you think, especially with Taliban spreading their propaganda far and wide. I've been in some pretty remote areas of that country, and they have a good handle on current events, especially if they're "jihad" related.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:06 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
50 Million Muslims Start Peace Campaign and Openly Denounce ISIS
Few weeks ago there were 1050 Imams who denounced ISIS publicly.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Few weeks ago there were 1050 Imams who denounced ISIS publicly.
Ask them to denounce the imprisonment and death sentence of Asia Bibi, that should be a good litmus test.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:14 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Ask them to denounce the imprisonment and death sentence of Asia Bibi, that should be a good litmus test.
Keep nudging those goalposts, golllum.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:20 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
A lot more than 14 are dead from other sources. Are you as vocal about those?

Look, I fully agree that there is a HUGE problem with radical Islam, and I've not ruled out anything as far as dealing with it. My gripe is with labeling ALL muslims based on the actions of a few, and my reason for posting this is because so many people say "they are all OK with it". This is one example (not the only one) of a large number speaking out.

is it enough? NO! It's not. But if you are really intent on finding a solution, then you have to acknowledge the good with the bad. You can't just ignore what doesn't fit your agenda.

The way some are treating Muslims in the USA is very reminiscent of Nazi Germany, and the trend is that it's growing, not slowing down. I don't accept that as OK. (As a Jew myself, I've been taught to never, EVER let that happen again. Not to my brother, or to my enemy.)
As a Jew, you should know that more anti-religious hate crimes are perpetrated against Jews than any other group, by a lot. I found these statistics from the FBI, but it's from 2012. I'm sure it isn't a lot different now:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc.../victims_final

Hate Crime in America, by the Numbers - NBC News

Old 12-07-2015, 04:27 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I guess the glass is always half empty for you.
Anything more would divert the rush to the holy war.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:48 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
We don't know what they're doing in private. They may very well be reporting suspicious activities, at least some of them. I'm hopeful that enough of them are tired of the blow back every time something like this happens that they will seriously do something about the terror in their midst. It's getting to the point where people aren't going to want them in their countries because of a few extremely violent bad apples.
Same way for people from the USA in other countries as well.Sad but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies