Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 11:45 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That is what he's saying but the uninformed / uneducated will take every opportunity to yell unfair, inhumane, cruel, etc.

Wonder why they react more adversely to keeping us safe than they do to what happened in San Bernardino and Paris.

Exactly, I heard what he said. He said a temporary ban until they can get a handle on the situation.

That's what you do in any dire scenario.

The media is with their comments is forgetting the "temporary" part.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:48 AM

173 posts, read 159,696 times
ISIS, these mass shootings and terror attacks are getting out of control now. If nothing is done about this NOW, the future doesnt look bright for this country and other parts of the world.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:53 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
That was your reply to:

Originally Posted by Mack Knife

"How many Christians have strapped suicide vests to themselves and then gone and blown up a bunch of people?

How many Christians have put people inside a cage, doused them with gasoline and then set it afire?

How many Christians have lopped off the heads of people on video to show the world what they think?

Wake up.

Don't come up with the once in a great while, come up with the nearly every time.
"

You can't answer a question but instead ask one? Rather diversionary isn't it? That you refuse to answer shows just how important the question I asked is. Were you to answer my question instead of trying to change the subject, you'd find yourself in a quandary that goes against what you've been saying, isn't that right?

Answer my question.
Heard of the inquisition? Would make ISIS look like amatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're missing the point. If only 10% are ISIS sympathizers and we allow 100,000 into our country, then we have 10,000 maniacs lopping off heads and going on shooting sprees. WTH is so difficult to understand about this?
That assumes no screening process whatsoever and really doesn't work from a statistical standpoint.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:53 AM

679 posts, read 812,320 times
We as a country and western civilization in general have refused to recognize that islam is at war with us and has been for centuries. The prosperous west with our freedoms have made us lazy intellectually and physically. They, on the other hand are at war with us and have never let up. It is a clash of civilizations and we are losing it currently.

During war time, you don't let potential enemies into your back yard. Did we welcome Germans, Japanese, and Italians wholesale into America during WW2? No, we interned any that showed up until we could screen them and ensure they were not sleeper agents. Our political correctness will be our undoing. Hopefully it wont take a mushroom cloud over a US city to wake enough Americans from their stupor.

Until we can win this war, I think that halting all unchecked immigration is reasonable. Anyone who gets in should be thoroughly screened and checked out. If they have to sit in Gitmo until then, I am ok with that. Clinton did that back in the 90's when Castro opened up his prisons and mental hospitals and said go to America.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:58 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
However you feel about the policy, I don't see how it could pass Constitutional muster.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:58 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortgageboss View Post
We as a country and western civilization in general have refused to recognize that islam is at war with us and has been for centuries. The prosperous west with our freedoms have made us lazy intellectually and physically. They, on the other hand are at war with us and have never let up. It is a clash of civilizations and we are losing it currently.

During war time, you don't let potential enemies into your back yard. Did we welcome Germans, Japanese, and Italians wholesale into America during WW2? No, we interned any that showed up until we could screen them and ensure they were not sleeper agents. Our political correctness will be our undoing. Hopefully it wont take a mushroom cloud over a US city to wake enough Americans from their stupor.

Until we can win this war, I think that halting all unchecked immigration is reasonable. Anyone who gets in should be thoroughly screened and checked out. If they have to sit in Gitmo until then, I am ok with that. Clinton did that back in the 90's when Castro opened up his prisons and mental hospitals and said go to America.
End the war you say? We caused all those. How about America stop destabilizing the governments of the region. Oh but they need to be democracies! Those dictators that control their countries don't know what they're doing!

Oh **** democracy isn't working! The governments we're putting in power are weak and unable to do anything! But let's keep trying to oust Syrias leadership and try again as if Iraq wasn't a failure! While we're at it lets keep giving the Saudis and Pakistan anything they want. They're our "allies" despite all intelligence pointing to them as being more trouble makers then everyone else we're trying to overthrow...

😒

Old 12-08-2015, 11:59 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Heard of the inquisition? Would make ISIS look like amatures.

That assumes no screening process whatsoever and really doesn't work from a statistical standpoint.
Did you hear what James Comey had to say about the "screening process"????

What number would make you happy? 5%? 3%? For the sake of argument, let's go with an unrealistic 1%. Do you know how many lives could be taken here? It only took TWO to destroy the lives of many people in Boston and San Bernardino.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:06 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Please tell me how many Muslims in the world support terrorism, I'll wait.......
Muslim population = 1.5 billion people
Terrorists = less than 10,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Please tell me how many people have been killed by our lack of regulation regarding visas in this country? I'll wait....
You tell me.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:10 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
I thought Trump was saying stop the immigration for a period of time so you can get your house in order. The vetting isn't robust at this time so I thought the suggestion was to pause and get organized.

That is exactly what he said. This is what you do in ANY SITUATION where something horrific has happened, until you can figure out how to proceed.

I had a good friend here in CA who was driving along one day and blacked out, hit a tree, and woke up on a gurney, that day the state of CA "temporarily" suspended his DL. Until it was determined what the problem was. He is OK today, but had an undetected brain tumor. But he had to get clearance from a doctor before his DL was restored.

The point is, until the issue was resolved he couldn't drive. Not allowed to keep driving and let's hope he doesn't hit another tree or a person.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:11 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Trump said he thinks we should ban all Muslims coming into the country, TEMPORARILY, until we are sure we have a way of vetting those who want to come.
I agree with that. As always, the good people have to suffer from the actions of the bad people. That's just the way life works.
It was hilarious watching the talking heads sputter about it all morning. I thought George Stephanopolis would have heart failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies