Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 01:01 PM

17,389 posts, read 11,938,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
We are talking about America so I meant the radical Christian Right. The Christianity represented and practiced by the likes of Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Theodore Shoebat, Steven Anderson, Kevin Swanson, Rick Wiles, Scott Lively, James Dobson, Tony Perkins, John Hagee, Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz, and Franklin Graham.
They're calling for the deaths of gay people? This I gotta see. Please show your proof.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:09 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,830,583 times
Quote:
Steven Anderson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmF6MLluWVc

Kevin Swanson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgZU6pGKgRk

I'll post more when I have the time.
I look forward to seeing the one you have for Ted Cruz, most specifically if that will save you some time in your search.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:22 PM

1,431 posts, read 909,753 times
Quote:
Steven Anderson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmF6MLluWVc

Kevin Swanson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgZU6pGKgRk

I'll post more when I have the time.
Lol. Did you even listen to or watch the videos you linked? Pull out a notepad and a pencil.

1. The first video is speaking about a "Christian leader" that believes Christ is a burnt sacrifice from Hell. That alone doesn't make any sense. You can't be a Christian if you only follow the Old Testament (as this guy does), and you don't believe Christ is the Son of God, hence the term "Christian".

2. This guy is misquoting things from the Old Testament and attributing it to Christ, but Christ never said anything about stoning gays to death. He then later goes on to say that there is barely any difference between homosexuality and adultery.

I mean...should I even continue at this point?

Old 12-08-2015, 01:25 PM

68,299 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You don't even care about religion so what is it to you anyway?
YOU have NO friggin' clue what I do/do not care about so just WHAT the hell are you talking about?

Old 12-08-2015, 01:41 PM

30,740 posts, read 21,872,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Two things here.

You do realize there is a load of BS on the internet, some fabricated, and other stuff written by totally biased people with an agenda.
No prominent person that I am aware of (I don't read leftist propaganda rags) in America is calling for homos to be executed, and certainly not any (R) candidates.

Second, I wonder if the "Daily Beast" thought it shameful that Obama stayed in a church preaching hatred of America and whites in particular for 20+ years

This is nothing more than another attempt to demonize Christians by leftists liberals. I just don't understand how they are willing to give a pass to Islamics who actually perpetrate murder against homos, hetero adulteress, stone women, and other violent acts :confused:

"This is nothing more than another attempt to demonize Christians by leftists liberals. I just don't understand how they are willing to give a pass to Islamics who actually perpetrate murder against homos, hetero adulteress, stone women, and other violent acts :confused"

Guess all those 1000s of Gay friendly churches with Gay pastors don't count, they're really just out to sneak in and kill Gays

List Churches by U.S. State / Canadian Province - GayChurch.org

As for equivalency, look there's "a" Gay Iman!
Meet America

Old 12-08-2015, 01:43 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
I do think that the Christian right is poised for a huge comeback. The conditions are ripe for it.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:44 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,424,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
YOU have NO friggin' clue what I do/do not care about so just WHAT the hell are you talking about?
You bash Christianity constantly but try to protect Islam, it's obvious. Well, maybe you are a Muslim. Who knows.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:49 PM

3,100 posts, read 2,046,940 times
Progressives are using the same tactics to instigate a holy war that they used to instigate a race war.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:50 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Quote:
The Christian Right in this country is getting more and more radical. Now they openly and unashamedly call for gay people to be put to death, entire religions to be banned, and their rigid, pre-1960s social structure to be forced on everyone by rule of law. Ten years ago all of this was completely unthinkable. George Bush, from a social conservative and Christian Reconstructionist perspective, looked pretty tame compared to what you see coming out of the GOP today. You have them stocking up on guns and ammo and making claims like the country will not survive just one more year of the Obama administration. They view Putin as righteous and Obama as working for the devil. Their hatred towards this President is unfathomable. The only time in this country's history I can think of where the hate and anger was worse than today was in 1860.

One of the more alarming things is they view America in 2015 as pure evil and when you view something as evil, you don't have any remorse for doing what you have to do to stop it. I really believe the anger and hatred among the fundamentalist Christian Right is nearing a tipping point in this country and something ugly may be about to happen.

Thoughts?
Wow, such propaganda! Where in the world are you getting this from? The Left must really be desperate. Is this another effort sponsored by Southern Poverty Law Center?

Old 12-08-2015, 01:51 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Quote:
We are talking about America so I meant the radical Christian Right. The Christianity represented and practiced by the likes of Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Theodore Shoebat, Steven Anderson, Kevin Swanson, Rick Wiles, Scott Lively, James Dobson, Tony Perkins, John Hagee, Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz, and Franklin Graham.
Oh, please! You're really off your rocker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.