Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2015, 10:08 PM

934 posts, read 595,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who gave my rights away? Rights that were given to me by no man?

That man and those there to carryout his will, better be willing and fully prepared, to meet my creator that gave them to me.

Remember...... your freedom, will never be free.
That is why freedom is so scary to the over protected.
IF Trump gets elected he's going to try to take your rights away but you dont care because you support him and as long as you can keep your guns you are happy Only rights you seem to care about are 2nd amendment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 10:14 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Woah this pity-party is still going?

Hey folks... you still have your Holy Second Amendment. Right?

How is it that all these supposed freedoms have been stolen when you still have your precious guns?? Are you telling me that the Holy Second Amendment didn't preserve your FREEDOM??

How can this be? I thought the Holy Second Amendment was the magical cure for every gubermint I'll under the sun. Y'all better git started with that there revolution!

Old 12-25-2015, 10:33 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
And I am just saying it doesn't make any Difference who wrote it. Its still the rule of the Land, regardless of what others think.

I would say that it would take an "Act of God" or a Miracle, to change some of the Rights in the Constitution. (if you believe in such)
The constitution was written by white men. Not in our lifetime but I think the constitution will be changed to reflect what our nation is now.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:34 PM

188 posts, read 103,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Woah this pity-party is still going?

Hey folks... you still have your Holy Second Amendment. Right?

How is it that all these supposed freedoms have been stolen when you still have your precious guns?? Are you telling me that the Holy Second Amendment didn't preserve your FREEDOM??

How can this be? I thought the Holy Second Amendment was the magical cure for every gubermint I'll under the sun. Y'all better git started with that there revolution!
Full mooner.

Old 12-26-2015, 04:26 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Constitution worship is a common failing in the USA.
However, the KEY organic document is the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE.
Not only is it the SOURCE of the republican form, and describes 'sacred' rights, but is incorporated by reference into the SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND.

"What I do say is that no man is good enough to govern another man without that other's consent. I say this is the leading principle, the sheet-anchor of American republicanism. Our Declaration of Independence says: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."
- - - Abraham Lincoln, Speech at Peoria, Illinois (1854)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Abraham_lincoln

As Lincoln reminds us, under the republican form, promised by the USCON, instituted by the Declaration of Independence, NO MAN (nor American government) is good enough to govern you without your consent. Without your consent, all that government is authorized to do is secure endowed (sacred) rights (prosecute trespass; adjudicate disputes; defend against enemies, foreign or domestic).
NATURAL RIGHTS - ... are the rights of life, liberty, privacy, and good reputation.
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Ed., p. 1324

" PERSONAL LIBERTY, or the Right to enjoyment of life and liberty, is one of the fundamental or NATURAL Rights, which has been protected by its inclusion as a guarantee in the various constitutions, which is not derived from, or dependent on, the U.S. Constitution, which may not be submitted to a vote and may not depend on the outcome of an election. It is one of the most sacred and valuable Rights, as sacred as the Right to private property...and is regarded as inalienable."
- - - 16 Corpus Juris Secundum, Constitutional Law, Sect.202, p.987

Major Natural Rights:
Life, Liberty (natural and personal), absolute ownership of self, labor, and of private property.
. . . .
Natural rights and liberties, endowments of our Creator, are not dependent upon nor subject to the government nor any vote. No majority can take away natural rights from the minority.
“The republican is the only form of government which is not eternally at open or secret war with the Rights of mankind.”
- - - Thomas Jefferson
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson
“I firmly believe that the benevolent Creator designed the republican Form of Government for Man.”
- - - Samuel Adams;
Statement of (14 April 1785), quoted in The Writings of Samuel Adams (1904) edited by Harry A. Cushing
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Samuel_Adams
GOVERNMENT (Republican Form of Government) - One in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the people and are exercised by the people ... directly ...
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, P. 695
In re Duncan, 139 U.S. 449, 11 S.Ct. 573, 35 L.Ed. 219; Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. (21 Wall.) 162, 22 L.Ed. 627.
. . .
Under the republican form, the people are sovereigns, not subjects.

No other form of government preserves liberty to the extent that the republican form does.
. . .
“... at the Revolution, the sovereignty devolved on the people, and they are truly the sovereigns of the country, but they are SOVEREIGNS WITHOUT SUBJECTS, and have none to govern but themselves.

“... In Europe, the sovereignty is generally ascribed to the Prince; here, it rests with the people; there, the sovereign actually administers the government; here, never in a single instance; our Governors are the agents of the people, and, at most, stand in the same relation to their sovereign in which regents in Europe stand to their sovereigns."
- - - Justice John Jay in Chisholm v. Georgia (2 U.S. 419 (1793))
https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremec...CR_0002_0419_Z

Justice John Jay says government is an agent for the sovereign people, not sovereign over them. They govern themselves (unless they consent otherwise).

In no other nation are the people sovereigns over their government. All other people are subjects of their sovereign governments. Only America has a republican form of government.

In short, no SERVANT government can dictate to the SOVEREIGN people how and what arms they may bear - UNLESS THEY CONSENTED OTHERWISE, and ceased to be sovereigns.

Addendum:
A republic nor a constitutional republic are synonymous with a republican form of government.
(The People's Republic of China is a republic, not a republican form. The republican form existed BEFORE the U.S. Constitution.)

Only America has a republican form. Not 1 in 100,000 Americans know it, can define it, or identify its source. That is tragic.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Silly argument. What mentally ill people have ordered guns by "Mail" recently or in the past? Silly.

How would you tell if a person was mentally ill, buying a gun, either by mail or in person? How would you tell, if you where behind the counter? You must have some idea that it can't be done, since you claim they no longer can, so what's the secret on how you pick them out? I am Curious.
Anyone who has followed the conversation knows the complaint here was the fact that freedom has been taken away because we can no longer mail order guns. I explained there were reasons for it. I never claimed mentally ill can no longer get their hands on guns, so it not honest of you to say I said such thing. However, if you have been diagnosed with mental illness, your ability to get a hold of a gun is reduced.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccadilly Lily View Post
You are in the company of Mao, and Stalin, and Amin and many others. I am on the side of Jefferson, Madison, Washington, Adams.
Jefferson was cool, he did not take away our freedoms by writing laws to limit speeding to 70MPH or to restrict gun sales my mail order, but then again why would he since cars or mail orders did not exit. He did, however, support death penalty for gays (and later castration), so not everyone agreed he was "Mr Freedom". For some people he was as anti-freedom as you can get. Like I said before you can't please everyone, and laws have always existed, although some laws are new because there was no need for them in earlier ages. Likewise, many laws have been abolished because they no longer make sense.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:06 PM

188 posts, read 103,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The constitution was written by white men. Not in our lifetime but I think the constitution will be changed to reflect what our nation is now.
What Racism.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:38 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
This whole thread is pointless. The only freedom anyone can think of is gun ownership & that doesn't even apply to anyone. And then there are a couple people arguing back & forth about strawmans & full moons. Pointless. No one has made any point in here other than crying about their precious guns being taken away which is such a big fat lie it's laughable. No one has lost their freedom. No one.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
This whole thread is pointless. The only freedom anyone can think of is gun ownership & that doesn't even apply to anyone. And then there are a couple people arguing back & forth about strawmans & full moons. Pointless. No one has made any point in here other than crying about their precious guns being taken away which is such a big fat lie it's laughable. No one has lost their freedom. No one.
Yep. I still have my guns, and if I want another one, I just order it on-line. As a matter of fact gun rights are expanding if anything.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-26-2015 at 02:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies