Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 10:28 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Same deal in parts of Asia and Africa and has nothing to do with Islam.

Women have been viewed as property for thousands of years.

A woman is often held responsible for rape because she attracted the rapist's attention.
I just watched a documentary on Netflix called India's Daughter, about Jyoti Singh, the woman who was gang raped on a bus in Delhi in 2012 so severely that her intestines came out of her and she died 2 weeks later. The perps were actually interviewed from prison, along with their parents, lawyers, and the victim's parents, and a few doctors and lawyers working for promoting change in India. The things the perps said about what they did and the victim, and women in general, actually made me cry. There are no words for how sick some societies are and how some people of those societies view women. Even the defense attorneys, educated men, were saying outrageous things and blaming the victim and claiming she shouldn't have been out with a man who wasn't her boyfriend and women like her are asking for it. One even said that if his daughter had been disgraced and did something that caused HIM shame, he would literally set her on fire.

The perps and multiple people interviewed said that women don't belong out at night alone or with a male companion other than a boyfriend, fiance, or husband. Jyoti and her male friend had seen a movie together and were returning home when it happened, and to the perps, this was reason enough to beat him unconscious and rape her multiple times and sodomize her with a rusted iron rod so badly that they dragged her intestines out of her body so that only 5% remained inside her. They said they were teaching them a lesson, trying to educate them. They said had she not fought back they merely would have "done her" and let her live rather than being so brutal she suffered fatal injuries. I mean it was mind-boggling to me. I don't get how some societies DON'T value women and the things some of these people said, with no remorse and with such smugness, just got me so angry. Not trying to promote this documentary, I just agree with your comments, and it's fresh in my mind as I literally just finished watching it. It's sick how some women are treated, especially regarding sexuality/sex crimes. Disgusting. The standards are unreal and really make no sense.

So suffice to say, this does not surprise me coming from a developing (and extremist Muslim) country. At all. We're talking about a certain culture/segment of a religion that believes in honor killings - killing a rape victim after her "honor" has been destroyed through the rape. Sick, sick stuff. Eduction is the key to fixing this stuff, and countries like India and Afghanistan are just too poor to give and have the proper education. Too many poor, sometimes religious people.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:42 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
Islam and muslim men are a blight upon the planet. The abuse of women in muslim lands should make every civilized person demand the eradication of the entire "religion." Why the world continues to tolerate and in fact to promote this evil sect is completely beyond me. I am so tired of reading of the atrocities promoted by muslims. And yet most of the world seems to think these activities are just fine. Otherwise we would put an end to it.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:01 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,584 times
I find the women posters here (I assume they are ladies because of the female sounding SN's) have a virtual unanimity of opinion (include this male in that group also) on the horrors of the religion of peace. I recall reading once that a majority of the US converts to the moslem religion were female. I cannot understand how these females can read about what is happening and still join that cult. Can someone explain? I am not looking for an answer that is rational to me, but what rationale appeals to them.

El Nox

Old 12-09-2015, 04:08 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Islam has proven itself to be a cancer that needs to be eradicated.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:17 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
"In some cases, a bride's ears and nose are cut off," says the Afghan woman. "They are forced into dirty clothes and taken back to her parent’s home. Their heads are shaved. The bride's family is told that she is not a virgin. Other times, a bride is simply killed and her body is returned to her parents."
Virginity Or Death For Afghan Brides

It's the same thing in other Muslim countries, where women rely on ‘Virginity Suppositories'.
This is Afghanistan under the Taliban, whom we (US) helped put in place! Prior to the Taliban there were female professionals in Afghanistan, girls went to school...the Soviets invaded and we politically and financially backed the Taliban. Please don't forget the history The Taliban.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:18 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
I find the women posters here (I assume they are ladies because of the female sounding SN's) have a virtual unanimity of opinion (include this male in that group also) on the horrors of the religion of peace. I recall reading once that a majority of the US converts to the moslem religion were female. I cannot understand how these females can read about what is happening and still join that cult. Can someone explain? I am not looking for an answer that is rational to me, but what rationale appeals to them.

El Nox
Some Muslim men are very charming and don't show a devout Muslim beliefs nor cultural practices. Some live a traditional western lifestyle right up until the American bride converts to Islam and marries the man and then he shows his true colors.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:02 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Tough to be a virgin. Way back when virgins were sacrificed on an altar to appease the gods, now the poor virgins have to service stone age creatins in the afterlife.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:19 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
But hey, let's keep d***n' around in that cesspool of the world, and on top of it keep importing that crap in our country! Cut that damn region off already!

Old 12-09-2015, 06:28 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I just watched a documentary on Netflix called India's Daughter, about Jyoti Singh, the woman who was gang raped on a bus in Delhi in 2012 so severely that her intestines came out of her and she died 2 weeks later. The perps were actually interviewed from prison, along with their parents, lawyers, and the victim's parents, and a few doctors and lawyers working for promoting change in India. The things the perps said about what they did and the victim, and women in general, actually made me cry. There are no words for how sick some societies are and how some people of those societies view women. Even the defense attorneys, educated men, were saying outrageous things and blaming the victim and claiming she shouldn't have been out with a man who wasn't her boyfriend and women like her are asking for it. One even said that if his daughter had been disgraced and did something that caused HIM shame, he would literally set her on fire.

The perps and multiple people interviewed said that women don't belong out at night alone or with a male companion other than a boyfriend, fiance, or husband. Jyoti and her male friend had seen a movie together and were returning home when it happened, and to the perps, this was reason enough to beat him unconscious and rape her multiple times and sodomize her with a rusted iron rod so badly that they dragged her intestines out of her body so that only 5% remained inside her. They said they were teaching them a lesson, trying to educate them. They said had she not fought back they merely would have "done her" and let her live rather than being so brutal she suffered fatal injuries. I mean it was mind-boggling to me. I don't get how some societies DON'T value women and the things some of these people said, with no remorse and with such smugness, just got me so angry. Not trying to promote this documentary, I just agree with your comments, and it's fresh in my mind as I literally just finished watching it. It's sick how some women are treated, especially regarding sexuality/sex crimes. Disgusting. The standards are unreal and really make no sense.

So suffice to say, this does not surprise me coming from a developing (and extremist Muslim) country. At all. We're talking about a certain culture/segment of a religion that believes in honor killings - killing a rape victim after her "honor" has been destroyed through the rape. Sick, sick stuff. Eduction is the key to fixing this stuff, and countries like India and Afghanistan are just too poor to give and have the proper education. Too many poor, sometimes religious people.

This was done in India, by Hindus? I thought they were supposed to be peaceful?

Old 12-09-2015, 06:30 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post

El Nox

They fall in love with a muslim man and convert to please him. Some women are strangely turned on by the strong pimp hand of the muslim man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies