Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2015, 05:30 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yes but PC is normally a phrase used by the right to condemn those who make comments in poor taste and want to look at say history in not just a white-washed way.
I was talking about the lefty educator in this post:

//www.city-data.com/forum/42356394-post367.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 06:16 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
The Ivy League is just that. But they are many other excellent schools in the USA. Soto would have been admitted to many simply on merit.

One wonders why she did not simply do that.

No one knows exactly why they get admitted to any college. You can only speculate. Although Sotomayor calls herself an "affirmative action baby". She doesn't actually know if that was the determining factor.

It's not as if you specifically apply for an "affirmative action" seat at a school. You simply apply like any other person would.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:45 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yes but PC is normally a phrase used by the right to condemn those who make comments in poor taste and want to look at say history in not just a white-washed way.
Right, we can't look at history as it is.

We need to have it "brown-washed" to suit certain groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Regardless, Puerto Ricans are not a race, despite who has to play catch up in that regard.
It's the supporters of reverse discrimination who have treated them as a race, not the opponents of reverse discrimination.

Quote:
That's interesting, considering she was valedictorian of her class.
So what?

Princeton rejects more valedictorians than it accepts.

Quote:
I do not follow her. Point me to her statements please and thank you.
Do your own research.

Quote:
Not here to play your Anglo vs. Latino game. You all can battle it out for the racist title if you like.
Anglos are far less racist than people south of the border.

Go complain to Spain -- which forced its language, religion and culture on you.

Anglos had nothing to do with that.

And do you really expect me to believe you're not Puerto Rican?

You're obsessed with Puerto Ricans.

Quote:
HAHA@ whites created civilization. That's hilarious, but whatever helps you sleep at night.
They did, and it's obvious.

Whether you're talking medicine, science, math, business, exploration, masterpieces of art, music and literature, engineering, invention, architecture....whites created virtually all of it.

They also created the political systems that enfranchised non-whites, established freedom and prosperity, and put an end to slavery....need I go on?

Quote:
Nope, sorry...not upset at all.
Yes, you are.

Your whole outlook is based on jealousy and envy of whites.

The solution to that is to go out and achieve something -- if you can.

Quote:
Affirmative action was established to help minorities gain admission, where whites would exclude them if allowed.
Wrong.

It was established to admit unqualified non-whites over qualified whites.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:57 PM

371 posts, read 426,024 times
RTRTRTRTRTRTRTRTRTTTTTTTT: "Affirmative action was established to help minorities gain admission, where whites would exclude them if allowed." You are right sir, and this claus is in the executive order!!!

Dechatelet is just a psuedo intellectual racist lol, don't pay him any mind. I wish people like him would reconsider living in America as they are holding back progress.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:59 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Sotomayor is not. There is no historical reason for her and 90% of Puerto Ricans to be beneficiaries of Affirmative Action in the first place.

Sonia Sotomayor was born white to two white parents in 1954. She was a not a minority. This is true of nearly all people who we call "hispanic" or "Latino" today. Check birth certificates. They were white.

She became a minority only when she went to college precisely for the reason of taking advantage of affirmative action.
No one said that she was but considering that a number of Puerto Ricans are at least mixed, that may be why they receive those benefits. It's just a guess. *shrug*

Ummm...what did you expect her to do? Not identify as what she is? She is Puerto Rican.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 12-23-2015 at 06:21 PM..

Old 12-24-2015, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
RTRTRTRTRTRTRTRTRTTTTTTTT: "Affirmative action was established to help minorities gain admission, where whites would exclude them if allowed." You are right sir, and this claus is in the executive order!!!

Dechatelet is just a psuedo intellectual racist lol, don't pay him any mind. I wish people like him would reconsider living in America as they are holding back progress.
People like me are the reason people like you came to this country in the first place.

Now you want to ruin it.

Sorry, I'm not having it.

You want special favors because you're not white?

Go somewhere else.

Racism is not what this country should be about.

If you want racism, go to Latin America. There is plenty there.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
People like me are the reason people like you came to this country in the first place.

Now you want to ruin it.

Sorry, I'm not having it.

You want special favors because you're not white?

Go somewhere else.

Racism is not what this country should be about.

If you want racism, go to Latin America. There is plenty there.
You don't know my ethnicity. You assume you do, but if you did research the name Diallo is of west african descent. My African-American side of the family has been here since the near beginning of slavery times, and the African side came here to flee war that the Americans fueled.

I support Affirmative Action because I objectively assess America's history.

White people get special favors all the time, you are out of touch with the world. I do not know where you live, but it must not be in the America I know. You probably don't see race and think everyone is "equal" because you live in a 80% or more white environment and everyone you see is white. If you grew up in a multicultural environment and had friends of different races you'd know.

I can speak on the issue because I've seen both sides. The multicultural side with rich, middleclass, and poor minorities and the majority side with rich, middleclass, and few working class whites. [granted I have not had the privledge of experiencing poor whites to an extent that I can analyze their behaviors]

Here is my assessment: every human is the same, one group is not smarter than theother by any means, what seperates the groups is opportunity. Opportunity to be in the high math and reading classes in elementary school, opportunity to have the teachers treat you as a full human being, opportunity for the teachers to not resent you being in the honors and ap classes, opportunity for classmates of an equal or higher intellectual level to engage you other than isolate you.

It is unfortuante but at the white school that I went to, yes the classes were harder and yes the teachers were worse (because they didnt have to teach as wholly because the kids already had strong fundementals), but the segregation and the racism against non white students was the most rampant microaggression that I've ever experienced in my life. The white kids at the multicultural school were waaay friendlier and way less hostile. Whitw people at the majority school's demenour towards a well off non white was "why are you not poor" "why do you have the same or close privileges as I do" It was bad. I'm aware of white people in all white ebvironments, they're crazy racist and they say the n word any chance they can get, they believe that america is theirs and there is no room for opportunity to be granted to others--and this is exactly the mindset that DECHATELET has. He's a product of a majority white environment. He believes the world owes him something because he's white and if a non white is more successful than he, then it is because of Affirmative Action, or theyre asian, not family values or simply luck (this is also why white people in majority white environments resent obama so much)z

Old 12-24-2015, 08:47 AM

And dechatelet's tone too. "People like me are the reason people like you came to this country in the first place [If it werent for me you wouldn't be here]" why is the white person always the narrorator, the granter of privileges, like you are entitled to choose the life path of another.

No, if it werent for me then you would not be here because homosapiens would not have ever interbreeded with the neanderthals. Humans are 95-100% homosapien, stemming from southeast Africa, not 95-100% homoneanderthalensis. You have it confused, and backwards, and although it's not your fault, you may want to dig into history before you say something pseudo again.

Last edited by diallomacedo; 12-24-2015 at 09:01 AM..

Old 12-25-2015, 12:42 AM

Quote:
You don't know my ethnicity.
Nor do I care.

Quote:
I support Affirmative Action because I objectively assess America's history.
Sure you do.

Quote:
White people get special favors all the time.
No, the special favors nowadays go to non-whites who get racial preferences.

Quote:
Here is my assessment: every human is the same, one group is not smarter than theother by any means, what seperates the groups is opportunity.
Not just opportunity, but behavior and motivation.

Quote:
Opportunity to be in the high math and reading classes in elementary school, opportunity to have the teachers treat you as a full human being, opportunity for the teachers to not resent you being in the honors and ap classes, opportunity for classmates of an equal or higher intellectual level to engage you other than isolate you.
Sorry, I don't believe that teachers are as prejudiced as you claim they are.

Quote:
....the segregation and the racism against non white students was the most rampant microaggression that I've ever experienced in my life.
Sorry, I don't believe white kids in school today are as racist as you claim they are.

They might be insensitive and tactless.

Well, welcome to the real world.

They're insensitive and tactless to each other as well.

Quote:
I'm aware of white people in all white environments, they're crazy racist and they say the n word any chance they can get.
There are a few who do that, but the great majority do not and haven't for a long, long time.

Quote:
This is also why white people in majority white environments resent obama so much)
The usual race-card cop-out.

Plenty of whites support black conservatives.

Has it not occurred to you that people dislike Obama because of his policies, not his race?

Quote:
And dechatelet's tone too. "People like me are the reason people like you came to this country in the first place.
Well, it's true.

America is exceptional in terms of freedom, opportunity and the acceptance of minorities and immigrants.

No other country comes close.

I'm proud that my ancestors were part of creating this.

Quote:
No, if it werent for me then you would not be here because homosapiens would not have ever interbreeded with the neanderthals. Humans are 95-100% homosapien, stemming from southeast Africa, not 95-100% homoneanderthalensis. You have it confused, and backwards, and although it's not your fault, you may want to dig into history before you say something pseudo again.
Nonsense.

Why should anyone care about any of that?

Old 12-25-2015, 01:02 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Here is my assessment: every human is the same, one group is not smarter than theother by any means, what seperates the groups is opportunity. Opportunity to be in the high math and reading classes in elementary school, opportunity to have the teachers treat you as a full human being, opportunity for the teachers to not resent you being in the honors and ap classes, opportunity for classmates of an equal or higher intellectual level to engage you other than isolate you.

It is unfortuante but at the white school that I went to, yes the classes were harder and yes the teachers were worse (because they didnt have to teach as wholly because the kids already had strong fundementals), but the segregation and the racism against non white students was the most rampant microaggression that I've ever experienced in my life.
Well then, you'd REALLY dislike living in a blue state:

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect - The Washington Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies