Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 10:50 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Mm, yes, tell me more about the high party registration rates and high voting rates of urban gang members.
Gang members may not vote much, but you can be sure they support Democrats over Republicans, even though 90% of them probably don't even know what the difference is (which is exactly why they would support Democrats).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 03:53 PM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,879 times
Well, I am sure ISIS is more worried about the NRA than they are of Democrats too. Which is a shame

Old 12-11-2015, 06:25 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
A simpletons argument. There are 5,000,000+ NEW guns made or imported into the US every single year, and yet the violent crime and "gun violence" rates have been dropping for over 20 years. More guns = LESS gun deaths. Simple, but reality is often to complex for anti gun nut fanatics to accept.
LOL, better statistics are:

185,000 guns sold in one day.
1,500,000 guns sold every month since Obama's election.
400,000,000 guns are estimated to be in private hands by the time Obama leaves office.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:53 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,899 times
Quote:
I would wager NRA members have killed more Americans that ISIL members.
I agree. More Americans have died in the USA by gun violence than at the hands of Al Queda and ISIS. But the gun enthusiasts will have their excuses.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:05 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
I agree. More Americans have died in the USA by gun violence than at the hands of Al Queda and ISIS. But the gun enthusiasts will have their excuses.
What if the murderer knew strict laws would be put upon them for this vicious act, do you think the shooters would reconsider their actions? It is already against the law to kill someone, so how is the gun used as "the weapon" the thing to blame?

If these killings were done with pipe bombs, would we start making stronger laws to stop bombings?

Old 12-11-2015, 08:17 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What if the murderer knew strict laws would be put upon them for this vicious act, do you think the shooters would reconsider their actions? It is already against the law to kill someone, so how is the gun used as "the weapon" the thing to blame?

If these killings were done with pipe bombs, would we start making stronger laws to stop bombings?
We already have controls around purchasing many bomb ingredients.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:21 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
ROFL. I have enough chemicals under my sink to blow up a small house, and all of them were purchased at Walmart to the grocery store. Not a controlled item among them.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:40 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
Not even close if you paid attention in Chem class. Forget it if you pulled a C or better in college chemistry and didn't forget everything.

It's like pseuphedrine and meth. They pulled a starting point, it adds an extra step but the end is still possible with other ingredients.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:45 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
That's because they're idiots.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:31 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I am all for gun ownership, but not for the NRA. They have done more damage to our cause than good. Loopholes on sales at gunshow or just giving your gun to someone (like the idiot neighbor did to Farook) - is just stupid. Background checks in ALL instances should be necessary. How this is not common sense to all (including the NRA) is just baffling. Will it stop the practice of just giving a gun to someone else (even though they would be held as an accomplice/responsible) - Nope. But, to the degree that people do get a background check, it makes it that much better/safer.
In case you're ignorant of the fact-California at the time Farook was "given" those guns had a mandatory background check law. The very law you bleat about. Just how much good did it do again? Even more telling-the guy that bought them for Farook committed a federal felony. It is illegal to buy a gun for someone else-it's referred to as a strawman sale. Just how well did that law work? The state bans standard capacity magazines-how did that work? The federal government bans the manufacture of new "automatic" weapons and the conversion of non-automatics to automatic function. CA also bans automatic arms. Yet the TERRORISTS broke those laws as well and converted (or attempted to convert-I've seen 2 different reports) at least one to automatic fire.

With all these laws in place...including several I didn't mention, and including the very one you are bleating about...they did NOTHING to stop terrorists. The reason is simple. CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY LAWS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies