Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 07:16 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I am not walking back from anything, the problem is that you are not comprehending what is being said. Christians by default follow teachings of Christ, and the New Testament, which specifically says the old law is obsolete. Christians read OT (if they want), but they do not follow the mosaic law. It is not just modern day Christians, but all Christians from the beginning, including the Jewish Christians (yes, there were such things, and still are).
I'm no expert but that is my understanding as well. Jesus summed up all you need to know to be a Christian:

1) Love God
2) Lover your neighbors as yourself.

I don't know of any Christian group teaching killing non-Christians if they don't convert...if so, they aren't doing it. But that is common practice from Muslims for 1500 years...it's a 'religion' based on war and conquest.

Muslims are 5000% more likely to commit a terrorist act in the USA based on their % of the population. I understand why some Christians support bringing in Muslims based on #2 above but why do the Liberals want to make our children 5000% less safe?

Old 12-15-2015, 07:28 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
I was raised in the strictest Christina denomination out there and have read the whole Bible a few times and the NT too many times to count.

Islam is very similar to the Old Testament. I'd almost call it Orthodox Judaism. It follows the same dietary restrictions, there are holy months, instructions to have conquest and take over land and institute a religious form of govt, and there is the death penalty for things like adultery, etc.

Christianity is Judaism updated for the 1st century. God dislikes most of the same things but now it's church discipline, rather than death or physical punishment. Some stuff is changed, holy day is Sunday rather than the Sabbath, no dietary restrictions, etc. It's still not nearly as idealistic as a lot of people think tough. Women are forbidden from speaking in church or teaching a man religious things, homosexuality, sex outside of marriage, and marriage after divorce are forbidden. People who leave the faith are shunned, you can no longer eat with them or be friends. Most Christians today simply ignore those commands or are ignorant of them. The OT, NT, and Koran are large books, you'd have to be retired before you had time to read large chunks at one time. So most people take their preacher's / rabbi's / imam's word for it.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm no expert but that is my understanding as well. Jesus summed up all you need to know to be a Christian:

1) Love God
2) Lover your neighbors as yourself.

I don't know of any Christian group teaching killing non-Christians if they don't convert...if so, they aren't doing it. But that is common practice from Muslims for 1500 years...it's a 'religion' based on war and conquest.
If there were such groups, they would not be Christians, even if they claimed to be. The Bible says "by their fruits you shall know them" and if you look at the fruit of the church at the time of the Inquisition, it is as rotten as the islamists terrorists, because they were guilty of the exact same crimes.

Quote:
Muslims are 5000% more likely to commit a terrorist act in the USA based on their % of the population. I understand why some Christians support bringing in Muslims based on #2 above but why do the Liberals want to make our children 5000% less safe?
Sorry, but that math does not add up. When do the children become 5000% less safe? After 2 muslims arrive in US, or after 200 arrive?

Old 12-15-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
If there were such groups, they would not be Christians, even if they claimed to be. The Bible says "by their fruits you shall know them" and if you look at the fruit of the church at the time of the Inquisition, it is as rotten as the islamists terrorists, because they were guilty of the exact same crimes.

Sorry, but that math does not add up. When do the children become 5000% less safe? After 2 muslims arrive in US, or after 200 arrive?
Muslims have committed half of all terrorist incidents since 911 despite being less than 1% of the USA population....the more we bring in, the less safe we all are. There are existing sleeper cells as well as sleeper's in the refugee group.

Donald Trump & Muslim Immigration | National Review Online

Old 12-15-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Muslims have committed half of all terrorist incidents since 911 despite being less than 1% of the USA population....the more we bring in, the less safe we all are. There are existing sleeper cells as well as sleeper's in the refugee group.
Define 'terrorist incident' and tell me how many there has been in US since 911.

Nearly half a million Americans (apprx 30K per year) have died on our roads since 911, so maybe your focus is in the wrong place. Keep your eyes on the road.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:17 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
I thought liberals were for the majority, the 99%. Liberals continuously deride Republicans for pandering to the 1%, yet with this latest Donald Trump blitzkrieg, liberals are doing exactly that. Are you guys aware that Muslims constitute only 0.9% of the population in this country? Do you all really think you'll tip the scales by pandering to the 0.9%, many of whom probably agree with Trump?
ah, the.9% has sympathizers that add up.

Like Jey johnson who would rather citizens get shot and blown up, than violate the privacy of someone who needs to be screened before they enter the US by looking at social media. JJ thinks US law that prevents/discourage employees frm looking at a prospective employee's social mnedia, applies to potential alien undesirables. JJ has lot of comapny and they are the focus of Dems using the .9% to collect votes.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Define 'terrorist incident' and tell me how many there has been in US since 911.

Nearly half a million Americans (apprx 30K per year) have died on our roads since 911, so maybe your focus is in the wrong place. Keep your eyes on the road.
So you're totally okay with the 3000 killed at the WTC?

Old 12-15-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
So you're totally okay with the 3000 killed at the WTC?
Did I say that? No, I did not. I asked you a simple question, and you deflected.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:59 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
No, I am not walking back from anything, the problem is that you are not comprehending what is being said. Christians by default follow teachings of Christ, and the New Testament, which specifically says the old law is obsolete. Christians read OT (if they want), but they do not follow the mosaic law. It is not just modern day Christians, but all Christians from the beginning, including the Jewish Christians (yes, there were such things, and still are).
So a New Koran would solve this problem, though it doesn't change the fact that these religions all come from the same place. The Old Testament prophesied the coming of Christ, and in the New Testament, Jesus references the Old Testament throughout the book. You can pretend all you want that the Old Testament has nothing to do with the New Testament, but that just isn't true.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:23 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Christianity forbids women from speaking in church
Several people have disputed this, but I'm sure censusdata is referring to 1Corinthians 14:34

"Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says."

So for those who consider the Bible to be infallible, he is correct; Christianity forbids women from speaking in church. Luckily, most denominations ignore selected parts of the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies