Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 10:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
I thought liberals were for the majority, the 99%. Liberals continuously deride Republicans for pandering to the 1%, yet with this latest Donald Trump blitzkrieg, liberals are doing exactly that. Are you guys aware that Muslims constitute only 0.9% of the population in this country? Do you all really think you'll tip the scales by pandering to the 0.9%, many of whom probably agree with Trump?
How are they 'pandering' to the local muslims?

Old 12-10-2015, 10:56 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Women make up half of this country, and just about any woman knows how they are paid less than men, and are treated differently than men.
Not this woman. I was always treated fairly. Maybe it's because I didn't expect special treatment is the reason I don't buy into your rhetoric.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:04 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
I just don't want to see innocent Americans suffering.

I don't want there to be any more terrorist attacks (which is why I support banning visitors/immigrants from certain countries).

And I don't want to see religious persecution happening to Americans (which is why I'm against the idea of mandating extra surveillance or tracking of Muslim-Americans unless there's reasonable cause.)

Old 12-10-2015, 11:15 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Isn't this the same as pandering to the 2% Jewish population?

Old 12-10-2015, 11:55 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It's partially that but more so the fact that many Democrats are virulently anti Semitic and this would include particularly a large segment of Muslims as well as many if not most Democrats want to see Israel destroyed and the Jews driven into the sea....I've had a conversation with many Democrats who have this view. So the current Dem strategy of throwing Jews and Israel under the bus and 100% siding with Muslims to try to wipe out Israel, hasn't affected their ability to win Jewish votes, money, and their media siding with Dems no matter what.
Many Democrats are virulently anti-Semetic? I haven't really seen that. Anywhere, actually. I'm not claiming it doesn't exist; it probably does, but I don't think the numbers are particularly large. You claim to spoken with many Democrats about this who hold such a view, but do they outnumber the ones who don't have that view?

And, If I may, is it possible you're exaggerating. Given you used the term 'Communist traitor' to describe the Democrat's supporters in a non-sarcastic way, I worry you're view is quite biased on the issue.

The very fact that Democrats still have most of the Jewish vote indicated you're probably not being too honest with yourself.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:00 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
I thought liberals were for the majority, the 99%. Liberals continuously deride Republicans for pandering to the 1%, yet with this latest Donald Trump blitzkrieg, liberals are doing exactly that. Are you guys aware that Muslims constitute only 0.9% of the population in this country? Do you all really think you'll tip the scales by pandering to the 0.9%, many of whom probably agree with Trump?
Liberals have the press
Liberals have a majority in education with kids growing up being fed trash.
Liberals have no problem bankrupting our country by dipping into th Treasury promising free college, free healthcare or anything else that could elect them.

IMO FEW LIBERALS ARE GOOD USA CITIZENS because they do what is good for their party and power first, not the country.

No to balanced budgets, yes to everybody on the dole sinking the country. Yes to classism, racism and any kind of ism where the separation gets them a vote.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:05 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
I find it astounding that you think only Muslims would be offended by such an extreme affront to everything we as a nation were founded upon and stand for. Here's a clue for you, not everything is reducible to it's inherent political value, some things are just objectively and universally offensive to all.

I'm a Conservative, I'm an Atheist who thinks ALL religions should be culturally eradicated and rejected, but I'm also offended by this proposal to ban Muslim immigrants based on their religion.

Your post demonstrates the small-mindedness that seems to be a defining trait of the kind of people who rally around Donald Trump as a presidential candidate.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:07 PM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Many Democrats are virulently anti-Semetic? I haven't really seen that. Anywhere, actually. I'm not claiming it doesn't exist; it probably does, but I don't think the numbers are particularly large. You claim to spoken with many Democrats about this who hold such a view, but do they outnumber the ones who don't have that view?

And, If I may, is it possible you're exaggerating. Given you used the term 'Communist traitor' to describe the Democrat's supporters in a non-sarcastic way, I worry you're view is quite biased on the issue.

The very fact that Democrats still have most of the Jewish vote indicated you're probably not being too honest with yourself.
Yes there is exaggeration and sarcasm in my comments but the overriding point is still accurate....Dems throw Jews and Israel under the bus and pay no penalty for it with Jewish voters and contributors.

If you know Muslims, as you've mentioned before, then you know virulent ant-Semitic Democrats.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:41 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Do Republicans think they are going to win by vilifying a portion of the country through fear mongering?"

How many MORE people need to be killed by radical Muslims in the U.S. BEFORE you change your position?
Nobody (or few) is arguing with that. We are saying to fight radical Muslims, not ALL Muslims. I just saw an article on the Huff Post where KKK claimed to be true Christians. I don't agree with that, but it's about as accurate as saying that ISIS is true Islam.

Your solution to declare war on ALL Muslims will take the fight we have now, against a big, bad and evil enemy, and add a few BILLION potential fighters to their side. Even if you don't agree with that, your (collective "you") continued replies seem to indicate you don't even understand it.

I have, and will continue to support any and all fighting against RADICAL ISLAM, I will support (and have) any bans on countries who support or openly house them (Syria, Iraq, Iran, etc.) I will support going after any individual who clearly supports, funds, or provides a safe haven. And I absoluty call on all non-radical Muslims to be the most outspoken and take the most action in fighting radical Islam (this happens, but not nearly enough).

I will not support going after 2 billion innocent people because some whackos committed attrocities in their name.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:45 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes there is exaggeration and sarcasm in my comments but the overriding point is still accurate....Dems throw Jews and Israel under the bus and pay no penalty for it with Jewish voters and contributors.

If you know Muslims, as you've mentioned before, then you know virulent ant-Semitic Democrats.
But most Democrats still support Israel, they just also support Palestine. You can support both. And as you've said, the Democrats are still hanging on to the Jewish vote, so obviously, the Jewish voters do not feel threatened by Democrats.

I had a good Muslim friend a while back; his best friend was a Jew. Both of them were Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies