Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 09:36 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times

Advertisements

I have no problem with NRA addressing terrorist in any fashion that doesn't give them a group name. Or recognizing ISIL means no Israel!

I have more of a problem with people like this..........
In the wake of Friday's horrific killings in Newtown, CT, Texas Democrat John Cobarruvias tweeted the following, according to Eric Dondero.
Can we now shoot the #NRA and everyone who defends them?

Describing the NRA as a "domestic terrorist organization" equates them with the likes of the KKK, which was once the most effective Democratic Party domestic terrorist organization in existence.
He also tweeted:
We are a nation of cowards afraid of upsetting the #NRA and those who defend them.
— John Cobarruvias (@BayAreaHouston) December 14, 2012
It may be news to Mr. Cobarruvias that Americans don't support the Second Amendment because the NRA supports it. They support the NRA because the NRA supports the Second
Amendment.
https://pjmedia.com/blog/texas-democ...nra-supporters

Attorney General Eric Holder reiterated his 2009 claim that Americans are a “nation of cowards”

Salon: Shoot "Gutless NRA Cowards" - The Truth About Guns
Rock was definitely on point, $5000 bullets would be great but I’d take it a step further––I believe that being shot should be requirement for gun ownership in America. It’s very simple. You need to have gun, like taking selfies with pistols, can’t live with out it? Then take a bullet and you will be granted the right to purchase the firearm of your choice . . .
Gun praisers are just like the people who were in favor of slavery back in the day–– the elite, lazy and ignorant who weren’t being beaten, raped or in the field doing the work, so they were perfectly okay with involuntary servitude, which is a problem and why I think gun owners need to feel more––they need a taste of the other side.
So if you love guns, if they make you feel safe, if you hold and cuddle with them at night, then you need to be shot. You need to feel a bullet rip through your flesh, and if you survive and enjoy the feeling­­––then the right to bear arms will be all yours.

Anti-gun people are certainly getting disturbing and not far from being mental!

I do agree with your statement it takes a lot of faith to blow ones self up and to be as dedicated to their faith as Muslims seem to be.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 09:46 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,551,643 times
maybe they're not cowards, but they are easily manipulated and very weak minded.

anyone who can be easily manipulated to believe that if you kill innocent people you will enjoy an afterlife of orgies is deranged and very weak minded. Same mentality that goes into covering your women so that you can see them as something other than a sexual object.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:51 AM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times
I wouldn't call them cowards, they are heroes to the perversion that is Islam. Basically, the only fun Muslims guys have is either on a infidel girl rape or sex slave hunt or the promise of 72 virgins when they go to Nirvana...all other fun is forbidden.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:04 AM

1,431 posts, read 911,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I don't think cowards strap a dynamite belt and push the button or knowingly subject themselves to death by a hail of bullets. Characterizing them as such is a mistake.
Most of those guys are heavily drugged before they "martyr" themselves. Every one that my unit caught before he offed himself was either already high as a kite or had a load of methamphetamine on him.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:05 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
I don't feel comfortable underestimating the enemy.

I think ALL humans are subject to hard-wired human survival instincts. So, no, these terrorists are not cowards. I just don't want them anywhere near me.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:07 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
I'm uncomfortable with calling radical Islamic terrorists "cowards"

You're right! Shooting a bunch of unarmed civilians for no good reason makes them chickens**t cowards.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:20 AM

833 posts, read 656,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Opening fire on unarmed civilians is cowardly.

Cant give you more rep. This is a good way to put it. Honor and bravery are not the virtues moslem killers will ever have. Sick will to kill and maim innocent is natural for these insects.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:07 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,277,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
I just saw a TV ad by the NRA. The head of the organization called these radical Islamic terrorists "cowards".
Because there was even evidence in San Bernardino that these terrorists had our children's schools in the cross hairs before this.
They are cowards and just like YOU I want them all dead.
They are not attacking the military or armed group, they are making target practice ONLY out of people in gun free zones who are on unequal terms with them.

These cowards slaughter people, they don't give their victims a gun and challenge them to some duel.
These Islamists are COWARDS.

Anyone not agree with me here?

Old 12-10-2015, 12:15 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I do not think it particularly brave to sit at a table with others, breaking bread, and then arising, going out to get your companion, and return with guns, killing a bunch of people you know were unarmed.

If the San Bernadino killers were brave, they would have gone to Syria to fight for ISIS, against other people that have guns.
Or attack a Police station at shift change. Gun range?

Cowards works fine

Old 12-10-2015, 12:16 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Because there was even evidence in San Bernardino that these terrorists had our children's schools in the cross hairs before this.
They are cowards and just like YOU I want them all dead.
They are not attacking the military or armed group, they are making target practice ONLY out of people in gun free zones who are on unequal terms with them.

These cowards slaughter people, they don't give their victims a gun and challenge them to some duel.
These Islamists are COWARDS.

Anyone not agree with me here?
I think lots of people disagree on them being cowards. I certainly do. But I have no respect for them either. The idea that they should give those who oppose them a gun and fight fair is foolishness. The british certainly wished we had fought fair in the rebellion, but we used cover, and shot them from behind trees.

The people doing this know they are going to die doing so. it isnt cowardly....just morally reprehensible that they target children and unarmed people. cowardice makes them sound weak and causes us to underestimate them, and use insufficient force in dealing with them. Its a mistake.

You win wars by fighting on unequal terms. describing it as cowardice is not helpful. Are we cowards for using drones to blow them up? By your definition we are.

I'm fine however with dropping hellfire missiles on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies