Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 05:42 PM

29,451 posts, read 22,392,470 times

Advertisements

Totally agree with the OP and others with same views.

Radical Islamist terrorists and others who are willing to kill themselves and die in order to take out others are NOT cowards.
They are ruthless soldiers with a determined mindset.

I think it was back in the period right after 9/11 that some commentator mentioned that the plane hijackers weren't cowards, and she was criticized for that.

She was right.

Think about it. How many of you would be willing to strap a bomb to yourself, or be willing to commit acts of terror knowing that you would die doing so? I sure as hell wouldn't, because I am too scared to die. I don't like violence in general.

So again, to characterize these types of people as 'cowards' is absolutely misguided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 05:48 PM

4,797 posts, read 3,481,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Totally agree with the OP and others with same views.

Radical Islamist terrorists and others who are willing to kill themselves and die in order to take out others are NOT cowards.
They are ruthless soldiers with a determined mindset.

I think it was back in the period right after 9/11 that some commentator mentioned that the plane hijackers weren't cowards, and she was criticized for that.

She was right.

Think about it. How many of you would be willing to strap a bomb to yourself, or be willing to commit acts of terror knowing that you would die doing so? I sure as hell wouldn't, because I am too scared to die. I don't like violence in general.

So again, to characterize these types of people as 'cowards' is absolutely misguided.
You werent ever in the Military , were you. We werent/arent cowards, but the tactics these ISIS people use, such as hiding in schools and hospitals, and sending drugged up people with bombs on their bodies to be detonated by their cell phones are cowards..

Old 12-12-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
You werent ever in the Military , were you. We werent/arent cowards, but the tactics these ISIS people use, such as hiding in schools and hospitals, and sending drugged up people with bombs on their bodies to be detonated by their cell phones are cowards..
I sure was in the military.

And if you want to go that route, then what do you call it when the U.S. military uses drones or missiles to strike at targets from miles away, at times striking and killing innocent civilians?

And here is the great commentator Charles Krauthammer from way back in 2001 (his words are still relevant today):

This is not crime, this is war - Charles Krauthammer - Page 1

Quote:
Organized terror has shown what it can do: execute the single greatest massacre in American history, shut down the greatest power on the globe, and send its leaders into underground shelters. All this, without even resorting to chemical, biological or nuclear weapons of mass destruction. This is a formidable enemy. To dismiss it as a bunch of cowards perpetrating senseless acts of violence is complacent nonsense. People willing to kill thousands of innocents while they kill themselves are not cowards. They are deadly, vicious warriors and need to be treated as such.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:00 PM

18,867 posts, read 14,057,900 times
COWARDICE -Ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain.

If a Muslim violated Shari'ah and was faced with loss of paradise, going mad-dog jihad and killing innocents, to become a martyr, may well be a cowardly way.

It certainly does not make sense to "civilized" people.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I sure was in the military.

And if you want to go that route, then what do you call it when the U.S. military uses drones or missiles to strike at targets from miles away, at times striking and killing innocent civilians?

And here is the great commentator Charles Krauthammer from way back in 2001 (his words are still relevant today):

Well thanks for your service. What branch and job?. So you know exactly what its like being over there then.
They are cowards.
When they go bead to head against us, let me know.
Drones, and airstrikes are fi e with me. Its war. The hospital that got hit was called in by other than US military and it was an US ac 130 based on coordinates.
PC Wars are not winnable when they know our ROE. And thats how we fight wars now. No problem bitting civilians if the bad guy is sheltered by them. Sux to be them. WW2 is how you win wars.

Last edited by Steve40th; 12-12-2015 at 06:19 PM..

Old 12-12-2015, 06:45 PM

18,867 posts, read 14,057,900 times
Quote:

He makes the FATAL error of assuming that "RADICAL" or "EXTREMIST" Muslims are NOT part of ISLAM.

The truth is that peaceful Muslims and blood thirsty jihadis are in full compliance with the tenets of ISLAM.

That makes no sense to "civilized" people. It is insane to believe in diametrically opposed things. Good is not bad. Bad is not good. Except in Islam.

But if Mr Krauthammer replaced "RADICAL MUSLIMS" with ISLAM, he would be reflecting the fact that KAFIRS (infidels) are under attack by Islam, for 1400 years.

How do Americans wage war on an ideology that has no real moral code except win at any cost?

Internally, American governments could enforce existing laws that prosecute any group that advocates the destruction of American governments.
See: 18 U.S.C. § 2385
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385

Externally?

Old 12-12-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Well thanks for your service. What branch and job?. So you know exactly what its like being over there then.
They are cowards.
When they go bead to head against us, let me know.
Drones, and airstrikes are fi e with me. Its war. The hospital that got hit was called in by other than US military and it was an US ac 130 based on coordinates.
PC Wars are not winnable when they know our ROE. And thats how we fight wars now. No problem bitting civilians if the bad guy is sheltered by them. Sux to be them. WW2 is how you win wars.
I see, so you do admit there are double standards in your views. As long as you admit them I am fine with it.

If the U.S. engages in bombings and missile strikes from afar, it's perfectly ok in your eyes, yet when the other side engages in suicide bombings and the like, even when much if it is done on a personal level, then that's contemptible and cowardly.

Your opinions and you're entitled to them. And like I thought, I guess you could care less if innocent civilians are killed in airstrikes and whatnot. Sucks to be them right? And I suppose you would be crying for vengeance if even one American was killed in a terrorist attack. But who cares about those other 'worthless' lives, collateral damage right?

And before people jump on me for being an America hater, nothing could be further from the truth.

I served a combined 8 and a half years in the military active duty, including a tour of duty in Iraq as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom (and no, I don't need to give you specifics other than that since I know where you would tend to go with this).

Old 12-12-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I see, so you do admit there are double standards in your views. As long as you admit them I am fine with it.

If the U.S. engages in bombings and missile strikes from afar, it's perfectly ok in your eyes, yet when the other side engages in suicide bombings and the like, even when much if it is done on a personal level, then that's contemptible and cowardly.

Your opinions and you're entitled to them. And like I thought, I guess you could care less if innocent civilians are killed in airstrikes and whatnot. Sucks to be them right? And I suppose you would be crying for vengeance if even one American was killed in a terrorist attack. But who cares about those other 'worthless' lives, collateral damage right?

And before people jump on me for being an America hater, nothing could be further from the truth.

I served a combined 8 and a half years in the military active duty, including a tour of duty in Iraq as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom (and no, I don't need to give you specifics other than that since I know where you would tend to go with this).
You did an IA tour i am sure with the Navy , and in the Army you did what? Serving is serving. It takes 30 people to get a Operator on target. It takes many people to execute an air strike once called in.
Carry on shipmate and Grunt.
Yes, in war, I dont feel sorry if civilians are killed.. Its war. And the cowards over there do hide in areas where our ROE doesnt allow us to bomb, for example. They do exploit that. And the strike was executed buy our plane, but was called in via a Middle Eastern unit with no US with them They targeted the hospital, because they knew who was in there. I am given a job to do and I would and did do it. I was Submarines 20 plus years, then attached to another group of SOCOM for 3..
When Americans get killed in the US due to terrorism, I am pissed, especially since the POTUS cant seem ti bring it to call it what it is. Terrorism, and we are at War with a religion, called Islam. They declared war on us.
But, to each his own. When we go to war, I want to win it, get out. Nation rebuilding etc etc is BS...

Old 12-12-2015, 10:37 PM

318 posts, read 434,333 times
What ISIS Really Wants - The Atlantic

Old 12-12-2015, 10:55 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,214,336 times
Quote:

What double standards?

Don't use human shields and hide out in schools and hospitals.

Does the US military do this?

No.

Why "sneak" in to other countries with the intent to kill the citizens of that country while playing the role of "normal" guy, just attending a politically correct holiday party - while collecting guns and building bombs with your honey in a garage….or hanging out at booby clubs while learning how to fly, not land.

Cowards send women, children and the super religious un-educated all "bombed up" to "die for the cause" to do their dirty work.…while the big wigs hide behind the aforementioned, or like Osama, in a walled up "estate".

Cowards drown people in cages. Cowards put people in cages and light them on fire.

Put yourself out there if you AREN'T a coward.

Why COVER YOUR FACE while drowing/setting on fire/ chopping a head off or two?

ISIS and Islamic nut job extremists are the definition of cowards.

Every single one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies