Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 07:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,956,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
You're right, we have enough of our own crime to deal with. We shouldn't be importing more of it.

I agree, and I've said the same things many times before. But progressives are so guilt ridden, and are so hell bent on guilt tripping the rest of us in the process that they'll cut their nose off to spite their face, just so they can feel all warm and fuzzy about "diversity!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 08:08 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,587,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
You're right, we have enough of our own crime to deal with. We shouldn't be importing more of it.
The vetting process for refugees is far more strict than the vetting process for being born here, and immigrants have a lower crime rate than native-born Americans.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:22 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,109,536 times
What's not being reported on the news: pretty much all of the other Muslim Americans who are NOT joining DAESH.

If you're really going to get paranoid about 1 bad apple out of hundreds and hundreds of thousands, then I suggest you never leave your house, because your odds of running into a violent criminal among the general public are far higher.

I do think we should put a pause on importing people from certain countries into the US, but that's exactly what the focus should be on. And if any American even considers joining a terrorist group, that needs to be stopped as well.

But let's not draw conclusions about any demographic of US citizens unless they're actually proven guilty.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:09 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,420,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
The vetting process for refugees is far more strict than the vetting process for being born here, and immigrants have a lower crime rate than native-born Americans.
There is no vetting process. The FBI even said so. Obama lied through his teeth again. If these people aren't in OUR terrorism database, nothing comes up. Add to the fact that ISIS is printing fake passports, nothing will ever come up for the real terrorists.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:12 PM

833 posts, read 655,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
What's not being reported on the news: pretty much all of the other Muslim Americans who are NOT joining DAESH.

If you're really going to get paranoid about 1 bad apple out of hundreds and hundreds of thousands, then I suggest you never leave your house, because your odds of running into a violent criminal among the general public are far higher.

I do think we should put a pause on importing people from certain countries into the US, but that's exactly what the focus should be on. And if any American even considers joining a terrorist group, that needs to be stopped as well.

But let's not draw conclusions about any demographic of US citizens unless they're actually proven guilty.
Hmmm let me think....just two bad worms from a cesspit of islam killed dozens and injured many more and we should be carefree about a toxic ideology so that they can find us again sitting on our a$$ singing kumbaya??? Not happening

Old 12-11-2015, 01:14 PM

6,716 posts, read 6,433,446 times
Quote:
I've got some swamp land for sale in Florida, only mildly infested with gators and disease ridden mosquitos, sounds like you'd be interested?

Old 12-11-2015, 01:22 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,587,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
There is no vetting process.
Five seconds of research is sufficient to prove you wrong. 4 Things To Know About The Vetting Process For Syrian Refugees : NPR

For the record, Republican Jeb Bush was the first person who popped up on my list of people who say you're wrong.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:39 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,420,066 times
Quote:
Five seconds of research is sufficient to prove you wrong. 4 Things To Know About The Vetting Process For Syrian Refugees : NPR

For the record, Republican Jeb Bush was the first person who popped up on my list of people who say you're wrong.
Jeb??? LMAO..I will take the word of the FBI director over his or yours. There is no real vetting process.

Quote:
On Wednesday, Comey testified before Congress. Speaking before the House Homeland Security Committee, Comey said it was not possible for the U.S. to properly vet the Syrian refugees because there are no data points that would show the past activity of the vast majority of Syrians.

Quote:
“The challenge we’re all talking about is that, we can only query against that (data) which we have collected,” Comey said. “And so if someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home but there would be nothing show up because we have no record on it.

FBI: No way to screen ‘refugees’ coming to U.S.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,593,379 times
What's up with this kid's mother, blowing him kisses and placing her hand on her heart? Is she just another mother in denial or does she support her son's goals?

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 12-11-2015 at 02:09 PM..

Old 12-11-2015, 02:17 PM

20,622 posts, read 19,284,184 times
Quote:
You mean like the Hmong and Somalis?

Nice try. The normal immigration process does this, not refugees from dysfunctional parts of the world.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 12-11-2015 at 02:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies