Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 09:25 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I would hope my Rabbi would be tossed out on her tuches if she showed support for banning people on the basis of religion. That goes not only against the Constitution, but against our Jewish values. Why should I expect a mosque to hold their clergy to lower standards than I hold my own?
Another clueless person. It is NOT against the Constitution. Why would you care if FOREIGNERS were put on hold? Why? You are already here, worry about that instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 09:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Sad to hear. While I can understand that some within his faith may not agree with his comments that does not mean that he should not be able to voice his opinion openly. Then again any congregation should have a right to ask for someone to step down if they feel as a majority that that person is not the one to lead them, it is done in Christian Churches and I assume it happens in other faiths also. It goes back to that old Catch 22, while we do have the Freedom of Speech we do not have Freedom from the Consequences of our Speech. My guess is the Imam knew there would be Consequences to his voicing his opinion but felt he needed to say them anyway and was not totally surprised when asked to step down.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:27 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It appears he was asked to resign because he agreed with Trumps statement that we should ban all Muslims from entering the US.

How does Fox News find these people, wrong to ask for him to resign but really strange coming from the head of a mosque.
Why wrong? It's no different than a Christian pastor who doesn't have the support of his congregation.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:29 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
I would hope my Rabbi would be tossed out on her tuches if she showed support for banning people on the basis of religion. That goes not only against the Constitution, but against our Jewish values. Why should I expect a mosque to hold their clergy to lower standards than I hold my own?
I wouldn't. I'd want an honest discussion on the thinking behind it (even if I didn't agree).
Tossing him out prior to that point is little better than censorship.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:04 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I wouldn't. I'd want an honest discussion on the thinking behind it (even if I didn't agree).
Tossing him out prior to that point is little better than censorship.
We don't know what went on. Typically pastors and employees are let go after a pattern of behavior and dissatisfaction with their performance.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:52 AM

991 posts, read 629,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It appears he was asked to resign because he agreed with Trumps statement that we should ban all Muslims from entering the US.

How does Fox News find these people, wrong to ask for him to resign but really strange coming from the head of a mosque.
This is an MSNBC poll.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:54 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Hope that guy has a bulletproof vest. He's sure to become a target.
If you say something, see something.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:55 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Anyone supporting radical Islam IS a terrorist. That would be the people asking this guy to resign.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:55 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
This is why things will never change with Islam. The "moderates" don't want anything to do with changing. This Imam admits there is an issue with radicalization within the Muslim community and says that their foreign view of Shariah can't be done here and they force him out.

Texas Imam Forced Out After He Issues Warning on Radical Islam, Expresses Support for Trump
Poor guy. Hope he is safe.

Old 12-11-2015, 12:04 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Pastors and priest get tossed all the time for giving voice to opinions contrary to the perceived issues of the congregates. I remember a black pastor bounced out of his church for disagreeing with the Civil rights strategy of Martin Luther King. So, for an Imam to voice for support for Trump's outrageous statements, statements that every major Republican has denounced, and then find himself in an open revolt by his congregants should be of no surprise to anyone and certainly says nothing about the the lack of moderation or whatever on the part of Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies