Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 04:11 PM

57,409 posts, read 26,370,766 times

Advertisements

Canada has quite the history of accepting refugees and once again did not disappoint, plans for 25,000 by early next year

"In the latest wave, Canada will accept 10,000 Syrian refugees by year’s end and the remaining 15,000 by the end of February. The arrivals are coming from camps in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey. Canada’s plan is impressive: resettling them to 36 cities, 13 in Quebec and the rest across the country; temporarily lodging 6,000 on military bases in Ontario and Quebec; and flying the refugees to Canada largely on privately chartered aircraft but promising military airlifts every 48 hours if needed. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...b1f_story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 04:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,720,496 times
"Canada gets it right"? Hahahaha... Was that meant to be a joke?

Old 12-12-2015, 04:42 PM

835 posts, read 659,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Canada has quite the history of accepting refugees and once again did not disappoint, plans for 25,000 by early next year

"In the latest wave, Canada will accept 10,000 Syrian refugees by year’s end and the remaining 15,000 by the end of February. The arrivals are coming from camps in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey. Canada’s plan is impressive: resettling them to 36 cities, 13 in Quebec and the rest across the country; temporarily lodging 6,000 on military bases in Ontario and Quebec; and flying the refugees to Canada largely on privately chartered aircraft but promising military airlifts every 48 hours if needed. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...b1f_story.html
Moslem inbred snakes would sure agree with you because now they will have license to kill. Wait and watch when Public anger in the aftermath of new terror strikes will make the new government a one term wonder. Oh and the moslem snakes will still be defeated when the new government takes over to clean this mess. No different than what is about to happen in America.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:13 PM

260 posts, read 240,132 times
I was born in Canada, and all of my family lives there. I think it's a great country with great people but they do a lot of things wrong. This is one of them. I've lived here for 15 years, (since I was 7) and always wanted to return after undergrad. I've graduated and I'm still in America because I fear that Canada is TOO accepting and it's kindness will eventually be taken advantage of by the wrong people.

More than it has already I should say

Old 12-12-2015, 05:14 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,754,766 times
its not a good idea to bring brain washed cult members into ones country, aid should be taken to the countries of origin..

Old 12-12-2015, 05:22 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,686,492 times
Trump will probably call for a wall built across the entire US Canadian border now. He'll get the Canadians to pay for it.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:25 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,531,346 times
They are also put filters on who they are letting in. No single able bodied men. It's widows, families, young children, disabled, and LGBT. In contrast to the "all or none" debate we're having here.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:26 PM

19,031 posts, read 14,263,629 times
Who knows?
Perhaps the peaceful mad-dog Muslims will begin a short lived reign of terror and be summarily banned, deported, or whatever is considered polite.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:52 PM

39,340 posts, read 27,726,584 times
No, I don't think there are easy answers or perfect solutions for refugee crisis.

The answer to the crisis in the longer term will depend less on migration policy and much more on smarter ways to avoid such crises in the first place.

The international law of refugees (including the 1951 refugee convention) bars the forced return of refugees to their homeland. The European court of human rights has long upheld this principle. And with all the walls, and border patrols, Europe is no island. Nor for that matter is the US. Trying to forcibly stop the migrant influx into Europe would fail.

Accepting the refugees today has to be accompanied by a rapid end to the Syrian war; an end to the US-led wars of regime change; more cooperation in the UN security council; and long-term investments in sustainable development.

I really can see both sides of the argument, but I really cannot see a good answer from either side.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:57 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,568,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Trump will probably call for a wall built across the entire US Canadian border now. He'll get the Canadians to pay for it.
Haha - great - I think he probably will, and maybe it's needed. Once ISIS is cut off from Mexico, we will need a Canadian wall too - easier than Mexico for ISIS/AQ to sneak in. I feel sorry for legitimate Syrian refugees, but the terrorists are in fact planting people with these refugees. So sad, but it's not our fault, and it's our people we need to protect. As an aside, for months we were seeing videos of these refugees in Europe and in these videos, 40-50% were fighting-age males. Over the past few weeks, now all we see on the clips is women and children....hmmm.......wonder why????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies