Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 08:54 AM

42,864 posts, read 26,345,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
And yet Canada refused asylum claims from White South Africans. This shows us what the government's motivations are.
OH how could that be!!! the horror of it

He had claimed he could not return to South Africa as whites were “targeted, attacked and killed because of their skin colour”. He also said he did not trust the South African judiciary and that legislation only “theoretically” provided recourse for addressing persecution, hence his application for refugee status.
Judge Catherine Kane ruled this week that refugee protection is considered a substitute protection in the event of a country failing to provide protection and that Huntley had failed to provide evidence that he would not get such protection in his home country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Canada will pay dearly for their decision. Muslims don't assimilate into a country, they stay separate. It would be best to fix Syria and let these people GO HOME.
If you want people to take you seriously you might consider offering some resources that support your claim

Old 12-13-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
So Canada discriminates based on gender, physical ability and marital status. Not very politically correct.
When it comes to accepting refugees, so does the US

Old 12-13-2015, 09:40 AM

6,141 posts, read 3,379,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
You ever think that maybe some of us don't care if they're not terrorists?

I don't want them over here because I know what you that backwards culture brings. Seen it first hand........no thanks
BBM~~
If you are referring to me personally as a WASP Canadian as backwards Culture..then fine. There are many in America who still believe we all live in Igloo's..So not surprised of that attitude at all

NOW, If you referring to me as a Syrian Muslim/Sunni Arab ..I will correct that assumption as I am a White Anglo Saxon Protestant who has lived in Canada over 66 years...and in those years have lived within multicultural society and worked with in a Professional Capacity too. I made it my priority to actually learn about their culture, belief systems so as to understand their POV of things. So I personally have no issues, except for maybe how the women in their culture (men rule and isolate them) are treated especially in the Health Care world.

As for your first sentence of not caring whether they are terrorists or not seals the point I was making in my post you were referring to...that is~ Have fear, dislike, maybe even a hatred attitude towards "them" Empathy towards those who have been driven out of their land, homes due to war and have been living in tents, impoverish conditions for years, is surely lacking.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:07 AM

67 posts, read 71,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Snapshots of some of the Syrian refugees who arrived in Canada on Thursday night:

Snapshots of Syrian refugees on their first day | Metro News
Interesting pics.

Those refugees pictured were sponsored by an Armenian Church in Toronto.
Look closely at photos and their last names, I believe they are ethnic Armenians
Probably not Muslims, I think there's a bit of smoke and mirrors going on.

I'm sure the majority of the refugees will be actually Syrian and Muslim but not
the ones used as examples by the media so far.

Those refugees featured are win win for Canada, they look well groomed,
probably well educated, and should benefit Canada, and not being Muslim....
well that's just icing on the cake....

Old 12-13-2015, 10:20 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
When the two tallest buildings in Toronto are knocked down by Muslim extremists taking 3000 Canadians with them, I'll take their generosity seriously.
When planeloads of Canadians are stuck in the air deemed too great a threat to allow to land in Canada we'll give you a call.....how good will your memory be?

Remembering 9-11 (Part 8 - Canada's Incredible Response)

When a Canadian embassy gets overrun by hostage takers we'll give you a call....how good will your memory be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Caper

When over 12 % of those killed in the two buildings that come down in Toronto are foreign nationals with a few of them being American.........would you expect Canada to claim it solely as an "Canadian tragedy"?

Canada suffered a designated "terrorist" attack on an aircraft in 1985. Have we ever used it in an idiotic manner to deride America's accepting Sikhs as immigrants?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_182

Last edited by BruSan; 12-13-2015 at 11:02 AM..

Old 12-13-2015, 10:47 AM

260 posts, read 239,829 times
West Midlands Police withheld report revealing how Muslim gangs groomed girls | Daily Mail Online

Muslim community must address issue of street grooming, says Nazir Afzal | UK news | The Guardian

Oxford grooming gang: We will regret ignoring Asian thugs who target white girls - Telegraph

Muslim Rape Gangs: the Disturbing Role of Britain's Leading Child Welfare Charity - Breitbart

There is a full-on rape crisis in European countries that opened their doors to Muslims. They largely target young white girls, their justification being that "white women are whores because they don't cover themselves properly".

But liberals can deny this all they want. These people are LARGELY responsible for rapes overall in these countries. It became such a problem in Sweden that the government had to "ask" Muslim immigrants to stop gang raping Swedish girls in the local bathhouses. Our women and our youth are being sacrificed on the altar of political correctness. Anyone who could possibly defend this makes me sick

Old 12-13-2015, 11:00 AM

19,858 posts, read 12,134,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVT150 View Post
Interesting pics.

Look closely at photos and their last names, I believe they are ethnic Armenians

I'm sure the majority of the refugees will be actually Syrian and Muslim but not

Yep, their names jumped out at me. There is estimated to be 100,000 Armenians in Syria. You might have a good point about those selected fr the article.

Old 12-13-2015, 11:58 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,542,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVT150 View Post
Interesting pics.

No smoke and mirrors intended. The thread title was about Syrian refugees. Over half of this first planeload of Syrian refugees were of Armenian descent and all had private sponsors. The passengers on the plane didn't finish being processed at the airport until well after midnight and then were bused immediately to various hotels. The following day their various sponsors either picked them up at their hotels or in the case of many of the Armenian refugees, at the Armenian Friendship Centre. Other refugees were taken back to the airport to continue their journey to other cities in Canada.

The press really had no opportunity to do interviews at the airport Thursday night and after that with the refugees scattered, the gathering at the Friendship Centre represented the best opportunity to talk to a good number of refugees. There were other news stories, but usually involved only one family. For example, one man travelled to his sponsor in Windsor where he had a very emotional meeting with two sons who had come over from Detroit to meet him.

Prior to this flight, there a have been small numbers of Muslim refugees who have arrived in various cities on commercial flights. I've read a number of news articles where they were interviewed on arrival at the airport.

As a side note about the Armenians, it is 100 years since the Armenian genocide by the Ottoman Empire in 1915. I gather that many Armenians fled to Syria as refugees to escape. I wonder how many of the refugees who came to Canada Thursday night are descendants of those refugees.

Last edited by cdnirene; 12-13-2015 at 12:13 PM..

Old 12-13-2015, 12:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDothisoften View Post
I was born in Canada, and all of my family lives there. I think it's a great country with great people but they do a lot of things wrong. This is one of them. I've lived here for 15 years, (since I was 7) and always wanted to return after undergrad. I've graduated and I'm still in America because I fear that Canada is TOO accepting and it's kindness will eventually be taken advantage of by the wrong people.

More than it has already I should say
Not judging, just curious..... How have to managed to remain in the US now that your undergrad is complete?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies