Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 07:24 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

What this is - this thread - is an issue of glee. Notice all the exclamation points? The OP, and more than a few of the other posters, are clearly delighted that this judge - because they dislike her judicial rulings - has been the victim of a violent crime.
Case in point, I present the post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Some might call it karma. Not me, but some might.
Here ya go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Many people would help more people but it doesn't seem safe. A man in Charlotte who was known for helping the homeless and downtrodden was killed by one of them he had invited into his home. A friend of mine who works in Social Services had her home robbed last year. They had just bought a new flat screen tv and we wonder if maybe she was heard talking about it at work. She lives down an isolated road and they brought a truck in and emptied her home.
Well, that's really too bad to have that view. A year ago I came across a girl outside with no pants, sobbing about her ex who she had just had a fight with & he stole some expensive sneakers of hers. She was clearly distraught about what happened with him. I saw him on the sidewalk & confronted him. I demanded the sneakers back. He kept saying no way, no way, blah blah blah, & ran off across the street. He ended up ditching the sneakers in the parking lot across the way. The cops were called for her. Was this a totally minor argument? Of course. However, I didn't totally know what was going on but what I saw was that she was beyond. I brazenly walked up to that guy & confronted him. I'm glad I did it. Who knows how that situation could've escalated. I hope more people think that way.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:13 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky Dink View Post
You could see her BITS and you didnt get her panties? instead you worried more about her feet?
No, her t-shirt was long enough that I didn't see her bits.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:41 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You have no idea how I feel. Thanks for making things up!!
Ok OP, let me try to explain to you why this story is not ironic at all.

I am also a former cop. I'm an engineer now. Making a lot more money nowadays.

Anyway, back when I was patrolling, I did start to notice that the people who I pulled over and ended up having a record were mostly black and Hispanic. For a time, I started paying more attention to black and hispanics.

Then one day we were sent to a training class on this very subject. The speaker, who was a 20+ year veteran cop showed us a bunch of pictures of people he's caught having criminal records. At the end, he asked us which race did we think was the most prevalent in his series of pictures? I could have sworn on my mother's grave that I saw more black people than others.

It turned out that 70-some % of the people shown in those pictures were actually white. The point the speaker was trying to make was racial profiling just doesn't work. Forget political correctness. Forget court rulings. Racial profiling just simply doesn't work.

Afterward, I started paying more attention to all the people I pulled over who had a record. This was when I realized I had previously allowed my bias to get in the way.

Going back to the story about the judge. She never ruled that there weren't black criminals. She ruled that racial profiling is against the law.

So, the fact that she later became victim of criminals who happened to be black does not make this story ironic at all.

Last thing I want to touch is a lot of people seem to be emphasizing the fact that in her 911 call she said they were black men. That's not racial profiling. She was describing the most prominent features about them that she could think of at the moment, which were the fact that they were men and they were black.

You remember the story about the doctor who lost his wife and 2 daughters to home invaders? Try to guess what race the criminals were.

Connecticut doctor testifies in trial of man accused of killing family - CNN.com

Racial profiling simply doesn't work. And the story about the judge is not ironic at all. She ruled that racial profiling was against the law. And she was a victim of criminals who happened to be black. End of story.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:42 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,069,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
But the best part of the story is that she told 911 twice that the intruders were "three black men". This is the judge who told the rest of us were engaging in illegal racial profiling.
The "best part of the story" is that she described the people who had invaded her house? Huh? That has NOTHING to do with racial profiling. It is mind-boggling that you somehow think it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Being facetious? Don't know the difference between a "description" and "racial profiling"? Had she said, "I don't know, I didn't get to see their faces, but based on my experience and crime statistics, I'd say they must be black!", then you'd have a point.

Mick
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Excuse me, but PROFILING people simply on their SKIN COLOR is not even comparable to giving the FACTS when you call 911. How is this so difficult to grasp for some?
EXACTLY. It's very bizarre that some posters somehow think the judge "racially profiled" the home invaders when she described them. Um, no, she didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
What this is - this thread - is an issue of glee. Notice all the exclamation points? The OP, and more than a few of the other posters, are clearly delighted that this judge - because they dislike her judicial rulings - has been the victim of a violent crime.
"Glee" is exactly the word I was thinking of to describe what some posters were obviously feeling -- they were indeed gleeful that this horrible crime had happened to this judge and her husband. What lovely human beings.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:45 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post

Anyway, back when I was patrolling, I did start to notice that the people who I pulled over and ended up having a record were mostly black and Hispanic. For a time, I started paying more attention to black and hispanics.

Then one day we were sent to a training class on this very subject. The speaker, who was a 20+ year veteran cop showed us a bunch of pictures of people he's caught having criminal records. At the end, he asked us which race did we think was the most prevalent in his series of pictures? I could have sworn on my mother's grave that I saw more black people than others.

It turned out that 70-some % of the people shown in those pictures were actually white. The point the speaker was trying to make was racial profiling just doesn't work. Forget political correctness. Forget court rulings. Racial profiling just simply doesn't work.

Afterward, I started paying more attention to all the people I pulled over who had a record. This was when I realized I had previously allowed my bias to get in the way.

Going back to the story about the judge. She never ruled that there weren't black criminals. She ruled that racial profiling is against the law.

So, the fact that she later became victim of criminals who happened to be black does not make this story ironic at all.

Last thing I want to touch is a lot of people seem to be emphasizing the fact that in her 911 call she said they were black men. That's not racial profiling. She was describing the most prominent features about them that she could think of at the moment, which were the fact that they were men and they were black.

You remember the story about the doctor who lost his wife and 2 daughters to home invaders? Try to guess what race the criminals were.

Connecticut doctor testifies in trial of man accused of killing family - CNN.com

Racial profiling simply doesn't work. And the story about the judge is not ironic at all. She ruled that racial profiling was against the law. And she was a victim of criminals who happened to be black. End of story.
That is your opinion. End of story!

Old 12-14-2015, 09:53 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,069,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
That is your opinion. End of story!
Seriously? That's all you can say to MetroWord's very thoughtfully-written and (I thought) restrained post?

My first thought on reading the OP and the article was "The OP has no clue what irony is." And you STILL don't understand the difference between describing specific suspects and racial profiling.

If your username describes you, I am glad you are RETIRED. I know a lot of cops and none of them would be gleeful about what happened to the judge and her husband, as you clearly were.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:56 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Seriously? That's all you can say to MetroWord's very thoughtfully-written and (I thought) restrained post?

My first thought on reading the OP and the article was "The OP has no clue what irony is." And you STILL don't understand the difference between describing specific suspects and racial profiling.

If your username describes you, I am glad you are RETIRED. I know a lot of cops and none of them would be gleeful about what happened to the judge and her husband, as you clearly were.
Again you have no idea how I feel. You are just making an assumption. Lastly you don't determine how I should respond to a post. TY and have a pleasant evening!!

Old 12-14-2015, 10:33 PM

2,023 posts, read 1,313,910 times
This does not sound like a random attack to me.
I would bet that these men were hired to attack and punish the judge for revenge over some ruling she had made, and it probably involved a lot of money.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:32 AM

387 posts, read 356,292 times
I've noticed that virtually every Mug Shot of criminals being arrested for Home Invasions (regardless of race) have this blank almost borderline retarded look to them...

I would guess that 95% of people committing Home Invasions have below 100 IQ's....and possibly even lower than that....

Old 12-15-2015, 04:23 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post

This is such a great post! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies