Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 07:16 AM

11,913 posts, read 6,493,852 times

Advertisements

On this forum, I have been harsh and critical towards Muslims and the Islamic religion, stressing their need for a reformation similar to how Christians reformed their religion with the New Testament. It looks like it is starting to happen in a more serious way, so I want to applaud those Muslims behind this. I hope it gets the attention it needs and grows quickly.
It could be the biggest step needed to turn things around with Islam. As we can't solve this by military action.
Especially heartening is their commitment to separation of church and state.

Here are the points they are reforming:

MUSLIM REFORM MOVEMENT

@Peace: We reject interpretations of Islam that call for any violence, social injustice and politicized Islam. We invite our fellow Muslims and neighbors to join us.

@Human Rights: We reject bigotry, oppression and violence against all people based on any prejudice, including ethnicity, gender, language, belief, religion, sexual orientation and gender expression.

@Secular Governance: We are for secular governance, democracy and liberty. Every individual has the right to publicly express criticism of Islam. Ideas do not have rights. Human beings have rights.

@We stand for peace, human rights and secular governance. Please stand with us!

Muslim Reform Movement

Good editorial on this
Moderate Muslims reclaim their faith - The Boston Globe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 07:25 AM

833 posts, read 654,054 times
Yeah the world needs microscope though. Hard to come by for 5.5 Billion infidels.

Would be much easier if they ditch the imaginary perv mohamed and stop inbreeding for starters. Oh yeah and they will need to abandon the war manual koran as well.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:27 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,401,954 times
This is a good thing, let's hope that they don't get marginalized like they usually do.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,882,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
On this forum, I have been harsh and critical towards Muslims and the Islamic religion, stressing their need for a reformation similar to how Christians reformed their religion with the New Testament. It looks like it is starting to happen in a more serious way, so I want to applaud those Muslims behind this. I hope it gets the attention it needs and grows quickly.
It could be the biggest step needed to turn things around with Islam. As we can't solve this by military action.
Especially heartening is their commitment to separation of church and state.

Here are the points they are reforming:

MUSLIM REFORM MOVEMENT

@Peace: We reject interpretations of Islam that call for any violence, social injustice and politicized Islam. We invite our fellow Muslims and neighbors to join us.

@Human Rights: We reject bigotry, oppression and violence against all people based on any prejudice, including ethnicity, gender, language, belief, religion, sexual orientation and gender expression.

@Secular Governance: We are for secular governance, democracy and liberty. Every individual has the right to publicly express criticism of Islam. Ideas do not have rights. Human beings have rights.

@We stand for peace, human rights and secular governance. Please stand with us!

Muslim Reform Movement

Good editorial on this
Moderate Muslims reclaim their faith - The Boston Globe

Facebook Likes.......6,044 people like this. I think they are going to need so many more. Makes me wonder how many of these 'likes' are from non Muslims. Plus, we all know older people are not the start of reforming it takes the youth. Doesn't seem any pictured are of young age.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:39 AM

11,913 posts, read 6,493,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
This is a good thing, let's hope that they don't get marginalized like they usually do.
Or beheaded .....
I'm going to choose to be optimistic, as I'm tired of there being no answers except military solutions to the Islamic problem.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:40 AM

29,901 posts, read 18,744,842 times
They need a New Testament that starts with "better to blow yourself at the Hajj than to kill an infidel..." If they do away with promoting raping and killing infidels, the rest of that idiocy is tolerable...not for me, I like bacon and beer.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:50 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,091,485 times
Major kudos to this.

Now, if they can infiltrate mosques with Islamic books of this interpretation, minds can be won over early on. I've read that this is how Wahhabists spread their extreme ideas. So why not use this apparently effective tactic for good?

Old 12-14-2015, 07:51 AM

38,993 posts, read 27,378,163 times
There will be some growing pain, but this is definitely a good start.

Seriously, stop being so damned defensive. All religions need to be criticized. Religion is Evolving, there is nothing wrong with it.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:55 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,138,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Seriously, stop being so damned defensive. All religions need to be criticized. Religion is Evolving, there is nothing wrong with it.
As long as it doesn't sputter out like most of these movements do.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:07 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,882,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

I think it is going to take countries to evolve. How can the people change if the country and government stay the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies