Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 11:13 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I'm more shocked that any negative article about homosexuality sees the light of day.
The site in the OP is an extremely right-wing news site and references a study that's more than five years old. Conservatives will go to great lengths to demonize LGBT people and don't care about the facts of the matter. Go to any Baptist church and you will still hear sermon after sermon about how most LGBT people have more than 10,000 partners in their lifetime and ingest feces. People believe if because they want to believe it and if you question it, you are a pawn of Satan, brainwashed by the librul media.

Statistics show that domestic violence incidents is roughly the same among homosexuals, heterosexuals, and bisexuals.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:18 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Oh look, American Family News. That can't be biased or anything.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:22 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Statistics show that domestic violence incidents is roughly the same among homosexuals, heterosexuals, and bisexuals.
CDC releases data on interpersonal and sexual violence by sexual orientation

It's roughly about the same, with some populations experiencing more than average and some less(bisexual vs lesbian).

"The first set of national prevalence data on intimate partner violence (IPV), sexual violence (SV), and stalking victimization by sexual orientation was released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The study found that lesbians and gay men reported IPV and SV over their lifetimes at levels equal to or higher than those of heterosexuals"

"This report suggests that lesbians, gay men and bisexuals in this country suffer a heavy toll of sexual violence and stalking committed by an intimate partner.” said CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden. “While intervening and providing services are important, prevention is equally critical.”

Too bad we can see the breakdown of who commits these crimes broken down by race. I'm sure we all would not notice anything about those numbers.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That's a complete copout. It is well known that sexual deviance including violence is a big part of the homosexual lifestyle in many circles.
Then what do you want done about it? Do you want a ban placed on the practice of homosexuality? Those caught doing it would be charged with a felony and subject to imprisonment?

Old 12-14-2015, 07:10 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Bisexual men and women seem to suffer the most incidence of bad everything. And sadly, the study does not break down whether the rape was perpetrated by a male or female... especially where so many were first raped between the ages of 11-17.
I'm not surprised. If you have a bisexual partner, there's twice the number of people he or she can cheat on you.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:11 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That's a complete copout. It is well known that sexual deviance including violence is a big part of the homosexual lifestyle in many circles.
That is so weird. Because my best friend, along with my landlord & the group of gays that I know are like, soooooo nonconfrontational. They gossip like you wouldn't believe but I've never seen any catty slapping or punching. Dang, I need to ask them to up their violent natural tendencies because it can be downright boring hanging out with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then what do you want done about it? Do you want a ban placed on the practice of homosexuality? Those caught doing it would be charged with a felony and subject to imprisonment?
Of course they do.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:55 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
When I researched the news source I totally shut down.

I really do hate the way conservative media has divided everyone and have gotten into the business of informing the unlearned in such a way they can feel comfortable in their stupidity.

Someone will take the article and digest it and spew their ignorance to the wrong group. I don't feel sorry for the people who digest the mess.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:07 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Percentage that don't fill up the ice cube tray:

Homosexuals 34%
Heterosexuals 26%

It never ends with "the gays"!

Old 12-14-2015, 09:19 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
I have wonder how much this study cost the tax payer.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:48 PM

31,004 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
CDC releases data on interpersonal and sexual violence by sexual orientation

It's roughly about the same, with some populations experiencing more than average and some less(bisexual vs lesbian).

"The first set of national prevalence data on intimate partner violence (IPV), sexual violence (SV), and stalking victimization by sexual orientation was released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The study found that lesbians and gay men reported IPV and SV over their lifetimes at levels equal to or higher than those of heterosexuals"

"This report suggests that lesbians, gay men and bisexuals in this country suffer a heavy toll of sexual violence and stalking committed by an intimate partner.” said CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden. “While intervening and providing services are important, prevention is equally critical.”

Too bad we can see the breakdown of who commits these crimes broken down by race. I'm sure we all would not notice anything about those numbers.
I've seen the report before. The most most interesting statistic was the 20% higher # associated with bisexual female vs. Heterosexual female between 11-17 for sexual assault. That would seem to indicate that current sexual orientation for current bisexuals was influenced by an earlier sexual assault?
The # sounds rather large so im thinking there is some missing data?

The other thing that sticks out as mentioned before is they dont identify who the perpetrator of the crime is?

Last edited by LS Jaun; 12-14-2015 at 11:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies