Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 07:01 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Do you realize how many have deserters there have been since WW2, how many have been executed since Eddie Slovik?

Once again, you go completely off topic making your comment worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 07:03 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Eddie Slovik was not captured and tortured for 5 years, nor did he receive a discharge from another branch of service.

So out of the thousands of deserters you found one, going back 70 years and skipping over several wars.

Try, for once, sticking to the actual subject instead of bringing up "facts" that you know nothing about.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:06 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Once again, you go completely off topic making your comment worthless.
Some here have indicated he should be executed, I am just responding asking for the historical examples. Should be easy since there were a few hundred thousand deserters over the last 80 years.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:36 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I doubt very seriously any member will be a flag officer,
LOL, on a court martial? It won't be a 0-6 or above?

Quote:
and I would not guarantee that they'd be as senior as O-6
LOL, on a court martial? It won't be a 0-6 or above?

Quote:
The convening authority already has a roster of available members for courts-martial--from E-7 up.
Yet not who is in charge.

Quote:
This court-martial is not different from any other general courts-martial that have been convened through the year by this authority, and to make any kind of special selection of members for this court-martial would open the proceeding to propriety charges on appeal. They're unlikely to stack this one with the most senior officers available when they've been using captains and majors for previous general courts-martial of junior enlisted soldiers.
The ignorance in difference in a court martial and an article 15 hearing is truly amazing....

Old 12-14-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
The actual quote is: "My service on a panel was 17 years ago, and the most senior officer or NCO on Bergdahl's panel is likely to have been only in high school when I served."
No it's not, not even close:

I very clearly commented on post 28:

Quote:
I used terms that non-military people on the thread would understand.

Quote:
Well, I certainly did not say anything about "who is in charge" and I certainly did not say an NCO would be in charge at any rate. That came from your own feverish imagination.
You certainly said nothing, that we can agree on.....

Quote:
The judge will be "in charge," and the president will be the member most senior in rank.
Yep, and it will not be enlisted....

Quote:
No, I was saying that the most senior member on the panel--by "panel" that is to say, of those members of the court-martial who will make the judgement, excluding the judge, counsel, et cetera--will likely be young enough to have been in high school 17 years ago. But I'll amend that, that was indeed short. Let's say "in college 17 years ago."

Play your game of choose what words you want to explain, so the attempt is, as you have already stated in post 28, you choose words...then you try to retract those words....

Sorry, but you have failed....

Old 12-14-2015, 07:44 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
The Article 99 charge could get him life.
Thank god.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Some here have indicated he should be executed, I am just responding asking for the historical examples. Should be easy since there were a few hundred thousand deserters over the last 80 years.
Who left their post, captured, and then traded for people that are back on the kill American forever?

Old 12-14-2015, 07:52 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who left their post, captured, and then traded for people that are back on the kill American forever?
There have been thousands that left their post and deserted over the decades, you want to punish Bergdahl because you don't agree with the prisoner exchange.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:53 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
He wont be executed, but at least time in jail. I think you are minimizing this as if it is no big deal. You obviously think since hundreds of thousands have done it, its okay.. If you were in the service, you would understand what he did was taken seriously by all in the service. This is not anytown USA biy runs away. He left his fellow Soldiers and went to the enemy.
Then Obama aided the enemy with a 5 for 1 sale. He should be held accountable.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
There have been thousands that left their post and deserted over the decades, you want to punish Bergdahl because you don't agree with the prisoner exchange.
So you cannot answer the question, that seems to be a leftist thing...

Answer the question below:

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies