Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who came out ahead of the pack?
Bush 3 1.95%
Carson 4 2.60%
Paul 30 19.48%
Rubio 16 10.39%
Cruz 17 11.04%
Trump 66 42.86%
Fiorina 3 1.95%
Kasich 3 1.95%
Christie 12 7.79%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 05:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The winner for me was Rand Paul although I don't agree with all his positions.
What did he do or say to win? The other candidates would not even bother to engage him. Perhaps you are saying he won, because you like his views, but that does not make him a winner of a debate.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-16-2015 at 06:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 05:05 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
I thought Rand did well, we cant go around nation building. Yes, dictators are bad, but things were better when Saddam was in power. We toppled a regime that had nothing to do with 9/11. ISIS was formed because of what happened in Iraq, and most of the leaders in ISIS are former Iraqi generals under Saddam.

Ted Cruz is so smug. Every time he is caught in a lie, he just says, thats not true. I actually wish Trump had called him out on talking smack about him at the fundraiser.

Christie- did well. I am glad he called some of the others out when he said, "hey you all keep talking about this like nothing can be done, and many of you are in the senate"

Carly-she had very good points, but at the end of the day, the GOP, is not ready for woman. Besides her personal narrative story about working her way up from a secretary is such a crock of #$#%, that alone disqualifies her.

Kasich-needs to drop out, he needs to worry about the screw ups here in Ohio

Rubio-he was rattled tonight, and didnt show well

Bush-actually performed decently, too little, too late

Carson-needs to drop out immediately. Perhaps he would be a great surgeon general, but he is just out of his league

Trump- same ole #$%$, a bunch oneliners,( im rich, build a wall, tremendous, leading in polls, etc..). He will be eaten alive when this field winnows in a debate.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
You guys have my vote there! I am sick and tired of the liberal PC bull, enough is enough, we've got to get real tough to make changes and some of those issues are going to require some very hard and tough actions, which a career politician won't do....they have done nothing for years, why does anyone think they are going to change now, especially when someone else's money is backing them?
off the topic some but think we are all tired of this PC crap.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:17 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I was impressed by Rand Paul, he seemed to be the only one who understood a darned thing about ISIL and how to defeat them
He's by the smartest candidate running in either party but he doesn't have the magnetism to win over those that are moved by emotion rather than logic, which unfortunately is the majority of today's voters. I was glad to see at latest count, he was 2nd in this poll as far as the debate went.

Rubio has the magnetism that Rand doesn't so how about a Rubio & Rand ticket? Maybe Rand can sway Rubio from doing some of the more idiotic ideas he has.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:20 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
off the topic some but think we are all tired of this PC crap.
sure hope so!

Old 12-16-2015, 05:28 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It's a Trump/Cruz ticket. Cruz got weak in the knees and a silly look when trump flattered him and put his hand on his shoulder.
I do not like Ted Cruz. Donald Trump is an arrogant bully who drives me crazy with some of the stuff he says, but I think he goes for the big headline grabber statement that he doesn't mean and then talks a bunch of sense. His idea to kill the families of terrorists was crazy, then he says we should have stayed out of Iraq and leads me to believe he doesn't want to get us into another war like we will get with Clinton, Rubio or Cruz. I just don't know what to think about him.

One thing I do know is that I may vote for Trump, but I won't if he has Cruz on his ticket. I would love Rand Paul to win, but it's never going to happen. In my mind, he's the smartest one of the bunch.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:33 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,474 times
Here's how I'd rank the 9 main-debate (R) candidates, if anyone cares, in terms of who I'd vote for:

Christie
Paul (too bad him and Christie are polling so poorly)
Carson
Kasich
Bush
Cruz
Rubio

Fiorina

Trump

Old 12-16-2015, 05:33 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
THE BIG BOY DEBATE:

Trump making faces while Bush tried to attack him was hilarious. I love the way Trump flicks his hand as though swatting away a fly.

Fiorina blew it with her "women get things done, men just talk" statement. Her interrupting -- which was prolonged and uncalled for -- was annoying.

Cruz and Rubio both pulled each other down. After their battle, they both appeared weak on illegal immigration, and Cruz was called into question about national security.

Rand Paul got in some good zingers against Rubio.

Christie did well -- he always does.

Kasich and Carson were just okay. Nothing special there.

Overall, Trump won.

KIDDIE TABLE DEBATE:

Huckabee and Santorum were great.

Petaki was okay.

Lindsey Graham was awful.

Huckabee and Santorum are tied as winners of the kiddie table debate.

They both deserve to be on the main stage over Fiorina, Kasich, Carson, Rubio, Bush and Paul.

Those six candidates need to head for the exit. Yeah, people do like Rubio and even think he could win over Hillary, but his illegal alien advocacy rules him out as a winning candidate for Republicans. Paul's libertarian message won't work in this election. Bush? Really? Ain't happening. Neither are Fiorina, Kasich and Carson -- much though I like Dr. Carson.

OVERALL:

Trump, Huckabee and Santorum get an A

Christie gets a B

Cruz, Paul, Carson, Kasich and Petaki get a C minus and go on academic warning.

Rubio, Bush, Graham and Fiorina get an expulsion letter.

Last edited by dechatelet; 12-16-2015 at 05:50 AM..

Old 12-16-2015, 05:41 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
As a Democrat - Rubio lost points to both Cruz and Paul as they brought up numerous times he didn't know what he was talking about as he's been off campaigning instead of doing his job the past 4 months. The winner for me was Rand Paul although I don't agree with all his positions. I think Donald held his own and whether he has the experience or not is questionable but as a businessman - I am sure he'll fill his cabinet with those on top of their game so that he can make decisions accordingly - unlike the current cabinet which were give away positions to those not qualified.
What positions of Rand Paul's are objectionable? I think he has the best ideas of all of them. He understands the Constitution, he understands we need to secure the border, and he would not get us into another long ground war. I really, really like Rand Paul.

Marco Rubio has decided to take the neocon position. He would never secure our borders, but he would expand the survelleince state and have us in a ground war in Iraq. He takes the position to get rid of Assad, when Russia has thrown its full weight behind him. Are we going to fight another proxy war with Russia then, only to get rid of Assad and make room for ISIS to take over? I think than would be a big mistake.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:42 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
I don't know what debate you are watching, Bush and Rubio are getting buried
I thought Rubio didn't do as well as he usually does and was thinking he may be coughing man (no, it was Carson) and Bush actually seemed nervous because he even sputtered a little on his opening and closing statement like someone who had too much he had to remember to say.

Actually, though, I don't think this debate helped or hurt anyone and at the last half hour I was bored but I sat through the first debate too. Everyone was in character.

In the first debate I thought Graham was over emotional, something he has kept in check through the whole primary season, but what he was saying was fine if you're good with it. He sent most of his time in the military as a lawyer.

If Carson was the cougher, how come he wasn't coughing when he was on camera? Trump is supposed to be a germophobe. You don't think his handlers told him to fake cough to rattle Trump, do you?

I have debate fatigue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies