Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 05:05 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Not who you are talking to, but he clearly isn't.

He is clearly suggesting that some people are n disability and welfare by choice.

The amount of people on SSD has skyrocketed in recent years. There are counties in America where over 25% adults of working age are collecting disability.

Everyone knows people who cheat and game the system for free $$$.

As soon as Fire Departments increase pensions if you are "disabled" the amount of "disabled" firemen more than tripled over night to the literal point where the majority of female firemen now retire disabled.
Maybe if people didn't feel either exploited by the current economic system and unwanted by the current social environment, they would feel less compelled to avoid work. Something to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 05:18 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This culture of victimhood, political correctness and entitlement? How can we change it to one of honor, of duty and of pride in accomplishment?

I hear people proudly proclaiming these days that they have a disability. Healthy men...6 ft+ tall talk openly about collecting some BS disability payments when they have decades of hard work left in them if they just man up. They should be ashamed to admit that.

How did this happen to our country? How can we change it quickly?

stop victimizing people? (do poor Americans have property rights?)

Old 12-17-2015, 05:21 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
So your solution is for everybody to just keep working and allow a coarse society where others can exploit and verbally abuse everyone else?

That's not progress. That's primitivism.

People, by nature, will always want to solve hierarchal exploitation and abuse. And the more advanced and civilized a society becomes, the less tolerable are such conditions. Human evolution is about overcoming our competitiveness in favor of more and more cooperation and refining our environments to make them less and less inhospitable to ourselves.

When you suggest displays of abusive hierarchal language remain unchecked, you are literally trying to stagnate human progress.

Just because previous generations have lived through indignities in the past doesn't mean future generations should.

Older generations need to recognize, no matter their resilience in the face of past abuse, they were still working under artificial impediments and obstacles that need not be put in the way of future generations and appear completely senseless, arbitrary, unnecessary and, at times, even sociopathic from the perspective of a younger citizen.

The older generations like to present anecdotes like "I was beaten every day at school and I got through it!" never thinking to ask the question:

"Well, why the %#*$ would you tolerate such an existence? Why didn't you question the sanity of such a social system where you were being regularly abused?"

Most elderly people I've ask this question either look at me blankly like they don't know what I'm talking about or just say "That's just the way it was".

where did you get that idea? socialized property rights institutionalize hierarchical exploitation.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:22 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm afraid the PC Nazis can't be stopped without millions of people killed.
I agree.

Natural selection has to be allowed to take its course.

It can happen the easy or the hard way.

The liberals choose the hard way.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:32 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What would it take to change this sickening culture?

People getting off their butts and doing something constructive instead of just whining about how bad everything is.
Like what?
Short of an all out revolution, what can we do?
Voting? If decent politically-uncorrupted people run, they never get elected.
And both parties are so corrupted I don't see anyway to change things.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Like what?
Short of an all out revolution, what can we do?
Voting? If decent politically-uncorrupted people run, they never get elected.
And both parties are so corrupted I don't see anyway to change things.
Quit voting for them.......it's easy if you try.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:50 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This culture of victimhood, political correctness and entitlement? How can we change it to one of honor, of duty and of pride in accomplishment?

I hear people proudly proclaiming these days that they have a disability. Healthy men...6 ft+ tall talk openly about collecting some BS disability payments when they have decades of hard work left in them if they just man up. They should be ashamed to admit that.

How did this happen to our country? How can we change it quickly?
These people are a small minority in our country and have been given a voice because of the current occupant of the presidency. Once he leaves and a Republican/right-wing politician takes the white house, their days are numbered.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
These people are a small minority in our country and have been given a voice because of the current occupant of the presidency. Once he leaves and a Republican/right-wing politician takes the white house, their days are numbered.
Hardly.....those hiding because of who is in office will come out if a (R) wins.

It's one positive if Trump would win. The anti-war left will come out of hiding.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:56 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Hardly.....those hiding because of who is in office will come out if a (R) wins.

It's one positive if Trump would win. The anti-war left will come out of hiding.
Sure they will, but will they have any credibility left?

Old 12-17-2015, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Sure they will, but will they have any credibility left?
Unfortunately probably not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies