Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2015, 08:18 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Well that explains everything!
"I can say with a fair amount of certainty that all popes that have ever pontificated are in hell now.

I do not say this with any sense of glee or happiness. The real fact of hell and people there who had the chance to accept Jesus, but didn’t, and are now in eternal torment, saddens me to the point of tears.

But I said what I said bluntly because I want to cut through the “political correctness” to penetrate the mind of those who give sway to any kind of notion that Catholicism is a true faith. It is not."
The End Time: Catholicism is not a Christian religion

Yet they are the one's who brought Christianity to the masses. This is just another example of why people don't believe in Christianity, you all want to argue about which sect is the right one. Like watching children fuss whose dad can beat the other dad's up.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:12 AM

4,794 posts, read 2,799,413 times
Default Check the DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Yet they are the one's who brought Christianity to the masses. This is just another example of why people don't believe in Christianity, you all want to argue about which sect is the right one. Like watching children fuss whose dad can beat the other dad's up.
Yah. & in this particular case, it's the same dad.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:51 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
I would not be surprised if the people that are complaining the loudest are also people that are strong supporters of Christian Missionaries in the Islamic nations.

Old 12-25-2015, 01:02 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
You've made a very valid point.

I was raised a Methodist. Then became a Catholic. Later became a Christian/Buddhist. And last evening went -- for the first time -- to a Congregationalist Church for the Christmas service. Last evening's service was very nice, and as I sat there I couldn't help but think -- why so divided? How is this Christmas service any different than the ones I experience in Methodist churches or Catholic churches? Why all the division?

Old 12-25-2015, 01:51 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You've made a very valid point.

I was raised a Methodist. Then became a Catholic. Later became a Christian/Buddhist. And last evening went -- for the first time -- to a Congregationalist Church for the Christmas service. Last evening's service was very nice, and as I sat there I couldn't help but think -- why so divided? How is this Christmas service any different than the ones I experience in Methodist churches or Catholic churches? Why all the division?

Maybe it's because thy didn't like the rules put down before them. Where the rules to strict? Not strict enough? Same with the bible different versions of the same book but the wording is slightly different, not enough to mean anything really different but enough to argue about it..

Old 12-25-2015, 03:37 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Maybe it's because thy didn't like the rules put down before them. Where the rules to strict? Not strict enough? Same with the bible different versions of the same book but the wording is slightly different, not enough to mean anything really different but enough to argue about it..
Exactly...all too often religion is used as a topic over which to argue, both internally and externally.

Old 12-25-2015, 03:44 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Shock of shocks. A thread about whether a school lesson re Islam was appropriate becomes a diatribe about Christians/Christianity. Who'd have guessed

Old 12-25-2015, 03:45 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,104,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Yah. & in this particular case, it's the same dad.
They all believe in the same "dad." That's what's so ridiculous about it. Muslims, all sects of Christians, Jews...all of them arguing over who knows "dad" best and who is loved by him/her/it....whatever. I say if they want to argue like this, round them all up and let them just go at each other. The rest of the world can live in peace without their freaking religious wrestling matches.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:01 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,102,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I would not be surprised if the people that are complaining the loudest are also people that are strong supporters of Christian Missionaries in the Islamic nations.

Complaining about what?

Old 12-25-2015, 09:08 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
This is off topic but a topic that puzzles me as one who doesn't have a dog in this fight. All three, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam trace their origins to Abraham. Whether you like your younger cousin in God or not, Islam traces its roots to the prophet Abraham and through all of the Biblical prophets up to and including Jesus. To argue that the god of Muslims is not the god of Christians and Jews is nothing more than on family member disowning another. If you are going to do that you need to sit in shiva.
“Our Father in Heaven” is a very common title used by both Jews and Christians
The poster said, "Islam does not believe Jesus has a Father," it takes more than Abraham.......much more!

This was also said........Then with the Mehdi He will lead all non-Muslims to Islam........Christians certainly don't believe this! Is this act going to be by force or loving kindness.

Quote:
Its right there on the assignment! "Here is the shahada, the Islamic statement of faith, written in Arabic. In the space below, try copying it by hand. This should give you an idea of the artistic complexity of calligraphy."
The students are the ones who claimed they were not told what was being written. This is the job of the teacher to convey this.......I can't change this.

Quote:
Oh for goodness sake is that what this is all about, arguing over who owns god? Nothing personal but you people of Abraham have been fighting over the ownership of god for far too long.
I don't take religion personally.......... You can take the statement anyway that you like, but the writing was more of a statement than providing geography or Social Studies to the students. If they wrote, "Jesus is the Only way to Heaven".......is this a statement, opinion or part of a calligraphy lesson?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies