Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 10:33 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,220,834 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised that even happened. When i went to school, religion was rarely if ever mentioned

Old 12-16-2015, 10:35 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
A high school class of with presumably majority Christians students and not one said 'I am a Christian and I object and not doing this assignment'.
Quote:
However, when a few students refused to complete the assignment the word got out to the parents. Outraged parents said they will not have their children complete world geography in her class.
Parents outraged over lesson on Islamic faith statement

Old 12-16-2015, 10:42 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
If you follow the URL in the OP, it takes you to the Daily Mail article, which says, in part, in para 3, that the teacher had the students copy the shahada, which says "There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah". There's also an image from the worksheet, showing the Arabic script & a student's effort @ copying the text.
My apology. I did not read far enough or it did not register.

I as a Muslim object highly to non-Muslim Children even attempting to copy the shahadah without understanding fully it's meaning and with the approval of the parents. That should not be part of a grade school curriculum .

To copy the kalimah (The Calligraphi Thuluth script of the Shahadah) by a non-Muslim, borders on an Insult

Old 12-16-2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Technically, Allah is God, the same deity that the Christians and the Jews worship and believe as the one true god.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Shhh they don't like when you say that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Are you therefore saying that they worship a different God, which means there are at least two Gods, which invalidates the beliefs of all three religions?

Oh you Christians and Muslims are so entertaining when you criticize each other
I had to look this up.

Quote:
...the God of Christianity is a Trinity where the God of Islam is not. The Trinity is the monotheistic teaching that God exists eternally as three distinct persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. In Islam, this is blatantly denied. It cannot be the case that God is a Trinity and also not a Trinity. Therefore, since they contradict each other, they cannot be the same.
Quote:
"O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist--it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs," (Quran 4:171).
Quote:
Furthermore, in Christianity the doctrine of the Trinity allows for the incarnation of the Word. John 1:1, 14 says that the Word which was God was with God and became flesh and dwelt among us and was crucified (Matt. 26:2, 27:38). This is denied in Islam, which says that Jesus is only a prophet and was not crucified. Therefore, this is another area that shows that the God of Islam and of Christianity cannot be the same.
Quote:
"[Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah. He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet," (Quran 19:30).

"And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain," (Quran 4:157).
https://carm.org/god-christianity-islam

Quote:
Muslims do not speak of God as their heavenly Father. In the Islamic faith, Allah is not only a different name for god; the deity it designates is far more impersonal than the God of the Bible. Father—the very name that Jesus gave us as the designated name for use in prayer—is a name that simply does not fit Allah as depicted in the Quran.
Quote:
Muslims claim that Allah has no son. This represents a head-on collision between the God of the Bible and Allah. For, as the Bible makes clear, the one and only true God is most perfectly revealed as the Father of the Son, Jesus Christ. In the Gospel of John, Jesus repeatedly teaches that no one has truly known the Father, except by the Son. In one of the most clarifying verses in the New Testament, Jesus declared Himself to be “the way, and the truth, and the life,” adding, “No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).
Quote:
Islam teaches that the doctrine of the Trinity is blasphemous. But the Christian faith is essentially and irreducibly Trinitarian. The Bible reveals that the Father is God, that the Son is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God. Jesus is not merely a prophet, as acknowledged by Muslims, He is God in human flesh. This is precisely what Islam rejects.
Quote:
Christians believe in only one God, and He is the Father who sent the Son to save us from our sins. Allah has no son, and, thus, Christians cannot know God as Allah. In this light, Muslims and Christians do not only use different names for God; in reality, these different names refer to different gods.
Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God?

Sounds like the Muslims and Christians don't worship the same God.

Last edited by Informed Info; 12-16-2015 at 11:10 PM..

Old 12-16-2015, 10:59 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I read what the English teacher said..that if she asked her students to copy passages from the Bible she would be fired.

And that's probably the truth.

But this..the school district backed up the teacher.
Why that phrase in particular ? Interesting as it's the first step in converting to Islam.
Thats a lie. She'll be an instant retired millionaire if that happened.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Thats a lie. She'll be an instant retired millionaire if that happened.
On what planet?

Old 12-16-2015, 11:02 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,953,701 times
Don't diss the regressive left and let Islam be taught in our schools for the sake of multiculturalism. Mmkay?

Old 12-16-2015, 11:18 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
On what planet?
Earth!

Old 12-16-2015, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Earth!
In which universe does this earth exist?

Old 12-17-2015, 12:01 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,926,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post

Sounds like the Muslims and Christians don't worship the same God.
Like I said, this statement implies the existence of more than one God, which runs counter to the beliefs of Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Do you realize the paradoxical nature of your statement?

If you're curious to know my own stance, I don't believe in any of these three religions. As an outsider, I find this sparring very quaint, very immature, and highly illogical.
It seems that the religions which most vehemently deny the existence of more than one God, are also the most likely to accuse other religions of believing in the "wrong God", which to me is the absolute epitome of illogical. There either is or isn't a God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies