Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2015, 10:54 PM

756 posts, read 424,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You are reading way to much into my question. I have no aversion, I was just asking.
That's what happens here. Have fun trying to have a rational discusion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 10:56 PM

599 posts, read 401,265 times
Quote:
Why does anyone need a semi automatic rifle?
Hunting, sport and self defense. All firearms available for civilian purchase in the United States are semi automatic including handguns. The question you are asking is implying that you don't believe any firearm should be legal in the U.S..

Old 12-18-2015, 10:56 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
No they don't you idiot. One has a magazine
Speaking of idiots, guess what?

THEY ARE THE SAME DAMN GUN. They are both the Ruger Mini-14. The scary looking one was banned under the last assault weapon ban, DESPITE THE FACT THAT THEY ARE THE SAME FRICKEN GUN. Read it and weep:

Now don't you feel stupid.

(In case the pic gets pulled: They both can fire one round per trigger pull. They both can carry magazines of varying capacities. They are both used for the same reason: hunting, sporting, and defense. The black one was banned under the last assault weapon ban, the only differences between them are aesthetics.)

Again, my hammer reference was spot. on.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 12-18-2015 at 11:05 PM..

Old 12-18-2015, 10:58 PM

794 posts, read 818,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
No they don't you idiot. One has a magazine
What you don't get is that I can load my SKS with a fixed mag quicker than I can my AK(m) with detachable mags.

The SKS has the "bolt open" feature when the mag is empty, meaning I can drop a stripper clip into it, push down and be ready to fire in about one second. The AK (scary "assault" looking rifle) does not have the feature where the bolt stays open when the mag is empty, meaning I have to remove the empty mag, insert new mag and rack the bolt.

My SKS would not even be covered under an "assault weapons" ban, and it loads quicker than an AK and is more accurate. Also fires the same exact round as an AK, 7.62x39.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:04 PM

32,055 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
Hunting, sport and self defense. All firearms available for civilian purchase in the United States are semi automatic including handguns. The question you are asking is implying that you don't believe any firearm should be legal in the U.S..

Wow, really. Asking why you need a semi automatic doesn't imply anything except in your mind. It's an honest question on my part. Stop being so paranoid lol

Old 12-18-2015, 11:13 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Why does it need to be justified? They are just inanimate objects.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:16 PM

32,055 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why does it need to be justified? They are just inanimate objects.
I asked a simple question. If you can't answer it then why bother to post to me.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:46 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,427 times
Quote:
To defend against tyranny

Old 12-18-2015, 11:49 PM

794 posts, read 818,034 times
Quote:
I asked a simple question. If you can't answer it then why bother to post to me.
I need a semi auto so I can defend my home, as well as enjoy plinking. Bolt action or single shot is not practical for home defense like a semi auto is, nor do I enjoy racking a bolt after each shot.

Old 12-19-2015, 01:03 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
You are reading way to much into my question. I have no aversion, I was just asking.
really? no aversion yet you ask why someone wants a semi auto rifle? that usually implies that the pereson asking the question does not believe that anyone should have a weapon of that sort, usually because they fear these weapons.

a semi auto is not really much different that a lever action or bolt action, or even a pump action rifle. in each of these rifles, you have to pull the trigger each time you want the rifle to go bang. the only difference is how the next round is chambered. and each of these rifles can shoot similar rates of fire, given a decent shooter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies