Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 09:08 PM

31,906 posts, read 26,961,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Rubio is mistaken.

Yeah well the guy hasn't a snowball's chance in Hell of winning the nomination much less becoming POTUS so as the saying goes "don't quit your day job...." *LOL*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 09:40 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,516,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Ryan is a traitor. I had hopes for him early on but he is just as tainted as the rest. They get into the system and the power and money takes over. I say disband the GOP.

Congress sold out Americans with this bill, led by Ryan, Reid, McConnell and Pelosi

Old 12-18-2015, 10:43 PM

31,906 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestintheWest View Post
Congress sold out Americans with this bill, led by Ryan, Reid, McConnell and Pelosi

Hey, you can't blame Pelosi nor be surprised at her actions. When has the woman ever not jumped at the chance to secure things close to the hearts and minds of democrats/liberals and progressives? The woman merely demanded she and hers get their taste long as dinner was on the table.

Old 12-19-2015, 08:42 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,516,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Hey, you can't blame Pelosi nor be surprised at her actions. When has the woman ever not jumped at the chance to secure things close to the hearts and minds of democrats/liberals and progressives? The woman merely demanded she and hers get their taste long as dinner was on the table.

Actually I can blame Pelosi for shoving this down our throats

Old 12-19-2015, 08:54 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Ryan is one of them. A Rino.
Here we go. This is the problem with the conservative party right here. Don't agree, call them a RINO.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Here we go. This is the problem with the conservative party right here. Don't agree, call them a RINO.
Of course because they didn't know Ryan. Who bothers to research any of them anymore ?
I took a look at his voting record and he's a fence jumper. Ryan is barely right of center.

He is Republican though for the most part. Just not the hard line Republican that many thought they were going to get.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:02 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Of course because they didn't know Ryan. Who bothers to research any of them anymore ?
I took a look at his voting record and he's a fence jumper. Ryan is barely right of center.

He is Republican though for the most part. Just not the hard line Republican that many thought they were going to get.
I knew Ryan was center right for the most part coming in. The Tea Party didn't have enough votes to get their candidate of choice in. But now they want to call other Republicans RINOs. Drawing a line in the sand like this only hurts their own party..

Old 12-19-2015, 10:13 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I knew Ryan was center right for the most part coming in. The Tea Party didn't have enough votes to get their candidate of choice in. But now they want to call other Republicans RINOs. Drawing a line in the sand like this only hurts their own party..
Well it is a divided party of many pieces.

"The empire (R's) will eventually be doomed of course".

I thought that Ryan would be an improvement of soughts, but seems to be of the same cloth as his predecessor.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss". - I love using that part of The Who lyrics which crystallize the thought.

Old 12-19-2015, 08:10 PM

7,501 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Thread topic: "Ryan shows his true colors"

Yeah, he's interested in governing. In order to govern, you need to compromise.
Ryan did not compromise. He gave away the farm for free and a years free labor to boot. He screwed the pooch.

Old 12-19-2015, 08:25 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Ryan did not compromise. He gave away the farm for free and a years free labor to boot. He screwed the pooch.

I did my share trying to stop him from becoming Speaker. at least I tried with my letter writing campaign. I knew that this is exactly what we would get if he was named Speaker. Unfortunately, the fact that he was named Speaker and also that the majority of Republicans signed this bill; does not go good for the Republican Party. They showed their true colors - they are not on our side. However the Democrats are not either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies