Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 08:18 AM

45,644 posts, read 27,268,345 times

Advertisements

Swedish Citizens Receive Threatening ISIS Style Messages to Convert or Die
Dozens of Swedish citizens received threatening letters with "ISIS" signatures, calling for them to either convert to Islam, pay tax to the terrorist organization, or be killed – according to a Russia Today (RT) Arabic report Sunday translated by the Investigative Project on Terrorism (IPT).

However, Swedish citizens previously have been targets of radical Islamist messages.

In October, members of the Assyrian Christian community in Sweden were told to "convert or die" in messages linked to the Islamic State, reported the Daily Mail. Threatening graffiti was found on restaurants and businesses in Gothenburg – a major hub for radical jihadist recruitment. Terrorism expert Magnus Ranstorp has referred to the city as "the Swedish Centre for Jihadists."
That's a lovely message for the holiday season, isn't it?

We can expect more of this as time progresses and no entity chooses to really deal with them.

-------------------------------

UPDATE: Based on Katzpaw's post below - I searched the Swedish news files for the last week and saw no mention of this event - only from the UK Daily Mail. See post #11 for the link.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 12-18-2015 at 09:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 08:27 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,320,431 times
Those spineless punks will probably capitulate to them.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,004,703 times
If Sweeden was smart, they'd flush them like the turds that they are!

Old 12-18-2015, 08:43 AM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
If I were in charge, this is what I would do. Find out which persons sent those threats, arrest them, deport them, and never allow those individuals back in. Want to live in another nation, obey that nation's laws.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:49 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,560,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
If Sweeden was smart, they'd flush them like the turds that they are!
But they're not. Maybe the avg. Swede is smart, but their leader is a complete IDIOT! This video encapsulates it perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSJY0c8QWw

Old 12-18-2015, 08:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,004,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
But they're not. Maybe the avg. Swede is smart, but their leader is a complete IDIOT! This video encapsulates it perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSJY0c8QWw

Well, haven't watched yet, but the girl being featured is smokin' hot!

Old 12-18-2015, 09:00 AM

30,487 posts, read 19,255,042 times
Really, they (Muslims) are following the Commandments of the Pervert Prophet to the letter...what's the problem? As Europe gets more and more of the Superstition adherents, you're going to see more aggressive efforts to follow through on these wonderful 'gifts' from the Pervert Prophet (who may not be cartoon drawn) followers.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:06 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,484,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Swedish Citizens Receive Threatening ISIS Style Messages to Convert or Die
[i][color="Navy"][indent]Dozens of Swedish citizens received threatening letters with "ISIS" signatures, calling for them to either convert to Islam, pay tax to the terrorist organization, or be killed – according to a Russia Today (RT) Arabic report Sunday translated by the Investigative Project on Terrorism (IPT).
Russia Today (RT) is a government owned Putin propaganda machine. All reports on this "news" link back to RT's Arabic propaganda broadcast.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:09 AM

78,546 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If I were in charge, this is what I would do. Find out which persons sent those threats, arrest them, deport them, and never allow those individuals back in. Want to live in another nation, obey that nation's laws.
A good suggestion. Sadly however, even deportation is deemed "too mean" as they could face death because the country they are from (Syria for example) knows they are too and won't worry about people crying when they put a bullet in their head about 15minutes after they are returned.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-22-2015 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: language

Old 12-18-2015, 09:13 AM

13,697 posts, read 9,029,615 times
From what I can find, these 'letters' were left in the mailboxes on December 10th, with a three-day deadline, which has passed.

Googling, I see that most websites reporting this are those like Briebart, Glenn Beck, etc., all with startling headlines about how the authorities are 'panicking'. I doubt it.

I suspect that these letters were not left by ISIS members, but by right-wing nutters wishing to cause trouble.

It is, of course, within the realm of possibility. However, ISIS has not been known for seeking converts in other countries. It just seems doubtful that ISIS refugees arriving in Sweden would resort to such idiocy (i.e., giving people three day's notice of murder). Plus, how would a person notify the senders that they had converted? Was there a return address on the letter? It is not well thought out.

As Paul Harvey used to say, wash out you ears (here, eyes) with this:

Muslim Santa spreads Swedish Christmas joy - The Local
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies