Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2016, 04:06 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
He certainly can forecast weather and understands the climate better than most

That's funny because NOAA says the same thing

What role does the ocean play in the weather?

Would you change your tune if the satellite data was showing more robust warming?

Yes scientists make errors. How many countless times has the GISS data been readjusted to correct errors?

Stop being a smart ass

And

Climate Analysis | Remote Sensing Systems

When have I ignored that corrections have been made? And the version 6 beta correction actually brings the UAH data set closer to the RSS.

Many other scientists would disagree, and if you can please comment on this map showing how much of the land area is void of thermometers, and how that is a more robust analysis of global temps then what satellite data can provide, that would be great

What percentage of land globally would yyou say has no thermometer.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTnOM6qWEAAZG62.png

http://www.reportingclimatescience.c...f0e73cd39d.png

UAH does report the data, but as I said in my earlier post, poleward data isn't as robust

Http://www.reportingclimatescience.c...year-just.html

Yes satellite data is recording temperature at the poles and NCEP interprets the data using modeling.

The so called "hybrid" temperature reconstruction uses satellite data from the poles to fill in gaps missed in the land thermometers

Coverage bias in the HadCRUT4 temperature series and its impact on recent temperature trends - Cowtan - 2014 - Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society - Wiley Online Library

Um you wanted to know where I got the data showing decadal trends from the last century right? I showed you. The UAH satellite data version 6 showis a decadal warming of 0.11C
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...5vE1w0dVFTky8Q

As for the nearly 19 years of flat temps

Here

Global Warming Pause Hits 18 Years On RSS Data
Or read this
Climate change: The case of the missing heat : Nature News & Comment

Happy?

If you have to keep dishonestly cherry-picking only the derived tropospheric satellite data since the 1997-98 anomalously high el Nino and completely ignore all other data and evidence to pretend global warming isn't happening, then all you are doing is deluding yourself.

Good luck with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
And are you claiming that this has caused the global increase in temperature in the last 50 years or so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
According to the plate experts, it can.
What 'experts'? Cite your source.

Last edited by Ceist; 01-01-2016 at 05:07 PM..

Old 01-01-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I don't keep my old textbooks, I sell them back. The closer the continents get to each other, the faster the temperature increases, at least according to the geography experts and my professor who had a masters in geography.
Over millions of years, not 50. And the continents are moving apart, not closer.

Just name the textbook. Surely you know the name of it?

Last edited by Ceist; 01-01-2016 at 05:02 PM..

Old 01-01-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Do you have a link for that or a quote from the text book. Were the plates moving in the 1600's, if so why was there no temperature increase.
Maybe the plates moved in the opposite direction for a few hundred years then switched back?

Or maybe his dog ate his 'textbook'?

Last edited by Ceist; 01-01-2016 at 05:02 PM..

Old 01-01-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I wish you people would stop your cherry picking....Here are a bunch of graphs to look at since you seem to like them so much.... More Temperature Figures

By the way the global combined temperature has increased by 0.4 C since 1996, and by 0.8 C since 1950....That is not what I would call flat. RSS data tells us very little, since over 90% of warming is absorbed by the oceans.

Ocean Heat | Climate Change | US EPA
Dishonest cherry-picking is the only way they can delude themselves that the world isn't warming.

I ran into one poster on another forum who said the earth hasn't warmed in 18 years, then said that it wouldn't be 'fair' to include 2015 because of the 'El Nino effect'. Right after using a graph from conspiracy blog of the lower-troposphere starting at the anomalously high El Nino in 1997-98. Unfreakingbelievable.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:40 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
I used to think that your insults were funny, now I find them pathetic. If anyone suggests anything different than what you think, you just insult them. You have my sympathy.

Old 01-01-2016, 08:06 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
I used to think that your insults were funny, now I find them pathetic. If anyone suggests anything different than what you think, you just insult them. You have my sympathy.
Are you dodging her questions? Do you or do you not have evidence to back up your statements?

Old 01-01-2016, 08:14 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Are you dodging her questions? Do you or do you not have evidence to back up your statements?
Waste of time. She just belittles everyone and anyone with a different opinion is a crackpot.

Old 01-01-2016, 08:58 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Waste of time. She just belittles everyone and anyone with a different opinion is a crackpot.
So you can't back it up then.....

Incidentally opinion has nothing to do with the scientific evidence, which Ceist relies on.

I have a question of my own....How were you belittled, and when were you called a crackpot?...I can't find it....

Old 01-01-2016, 09:19 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
What made the MILE HIGH glaciers that formed Long Island N.Y. recede?

SUV's, CO2, Mankind? Obviously is was and is ANYTHING leftists deem to be for CONTROL!

It is unbelievable that so many people latch on to the idea that we have such detrimental affect on the climate. Politics mixed with science is illogical, but today media's saturation of nonsense is sinister.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies