Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 03:56 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
...........Seems like there are a surprising number of people who don't understand academic titles.
ME!..ME!...I'm one! I never went to college and don't understand much about how colleges work.

However, I do know when someone is BSing me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 03:58 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
ME!..ME!...I'm one! I never went to college and don't understand much about how colleges work.

However, I do know when someone is BSing me.
Really, how?

Old 12-19-2015, 04:02 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I'm good. Find someone else to engage in your absurdity.
All right, will do. Someone who can read would be nice.

Old 12-19-2015, 04:08 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So what courtroom experience did Obama have when he was hired? It looks like he was an adjunct professor, basically, but I don't see how. All of the adjuncts that I had were either judges, or partners in big law firms, or had been practicing law for thirty years.
I said courtroom experience, experience with an agency, etc. - meaning various types of practical experience. Being as you are such a big advocate of reading comprehension, you might want to pay attention to relevant details yourself. And of course, as an attorney, you obviously know that most lawyers are not litigators.

As far as what Obama brought to the classroom, this is an interesting read about it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/30/us...=Facebook&_r=0

Old 12-19-2015, 04:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I was a young naive voter, so I went with it. Now that I look back, how can he be a professor without holding a PhD or even authoring a paper in a peer review journal. Obama wasn't a profeasor. He was an instructor without tenure. The Democrats really knew how to sell the "professor" CV.
Did you know he was President?

[]

Old 12-19-2015, 04:32 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I said courtroom experience, experience with an agency, etc. - meaning various types of practical experience. Being as you are such a big advocate of reading comprehension, you might want to pay attention to relevant details yourself. And of course, as an attorney, you obviously know that most lawyers are not litigators.

As far as what Obama brought to the classroom, this is an interesting read about it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/30/us...=Facebook&_r=0
Yeah, you said courtroom experience. That's why I asked you what courtroom experience he had. But all right, do tell: what other practical, non-courtroom experience did he have?

Old 12-19-2015, 06:12 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Yeah, you said courtroom experience. That's why I asked you what courtroom experience he had. But all right, do tell: what other practical, non-courtroom experience did he have?
Try reading the link I provided for you.

Old 12-19-2015, 06:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Wikipedia....... has proven to be non-reliable. People add and take away as they feel they should. I am sure you can give us a much more reliable source.
You could always fact check his education background if you don't believe Wikipedia, but it is accurate.

Old 12-19-2015, 06:52 PM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Conservatives now think FAITH is superior to science and fact. If they believe it-- It must be true. Rush or Fox said it so it's a fact. They have faith.

If the fact goes against their predisposed biases, of course, it isn't true and all evidence to the fact is, actually, the result of conspiracy.
Really? As a Mechanical Engineer in the Aerospace field I am far more conservative than not, and take nothing on Faith and everthing on Science. As do most all of my colleagues.

Old 12-19-2015, 06:59 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Really? As a Mechanical Engineer in the Aerospace field I am far more conservative than not, and take nothing on Faith and everthing on Science. As do most all of my colleagues.
Great. I'll look for you posts on climate change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies