Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 07:46 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,050,596 times

Advertisements

A new study released last week by the Virginia-based nonprofit Treatment Advocacy Center reported that people with untreated mental illness are 16 times more likely to be killed by police than people without.

Mental Illness: A Smoking Gun*|*Dr. Peggy Drexler

Perhaps it is more humane to just round up the mentally ill and euthanize them like Hitler did before he turned his sights on the Jewish people.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 05:35 PM

19,687 posts, read 10,025,240 times
You the first volunteer?

Old 12-19-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You the first volunteer?
Whatever do you mean???

Old 12-19-2015, 05:40 PM

45,086 posts, read 26,253,419 times
Define mental illness.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Define mental illness.
I'm not a doctor so I could not do so. But there many people who suffer from some form of mental illness and do not receive adequate care. Here is an example.

EXCLUSIVE: Pat Ward, 66, had arranged an appointment on Friday with a psychiatrist to get medications for her 35-year-old son, Derek. ‘He killed my sister because we couldn’t get the prescriptions he needed.

{snip}

Derek Ward was too old to be covered by his mother's insurance, and they struggled to find a doctor who would accept Medicaid.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1993915

Old 12-19-2015, 05:53 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,755,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Define mental illness.

SEE, now there in lies the rub.

We need to fear those who would venture to define "it" more than the people suffering from "it"

ESPECIALLY in our uber ideologically and politically blinded society. It's hard to trust any of the traditional authorities anymore as they all seem to be corrupted these days.

Here is a glaring example:
Because these issues involve purported mental health issues and firearms, the process can be very political. While most district attorneys are fair and willing to listen to the facts before taking a position on whether to oppose a client’s petition, I recently spoke with a district attorney who informed me that she is a “leftist leaning democrat who believes in all the rights except the Second Amendment,” and it is her “opinion that nobody should own firearms, and that the Second Amendment was written for muskets – not modern firearms.” I advised her of the 2008 ruling in District of Columbia v. Heller, which held that the Second Amendment was a fundamental right to possess, at a minimum, firearms in common use. She stated that she “disagreed with the opinion.” The political nature of firearm rights restoration is unavoidable.

So, you have a rogue district attorney who allows her personal opinions to decide case law in her head. This DA should be barred.

Old 12-19-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

We need to fear those who would venture to define "it" more than the people suffering from "it"

ESPECIALLY in our uber ideologically and politically blinded society. It's hard to trust any of the traditional authorities anymore as they all seem to be corrupted these days.

Because these issues involve purported mental health issues and firearms, the process can be very political. While most district attorneys are fair and willing to listen to the facts before taking a position on whether to oppose a client’s petition, I recently spoke with a district attorney who informed me that she is a “leftist leaning democrat who believes in all the rights except the Second Amendment,” and it is her “opinion that nobody should own firearms, and that the Second Amendment was written for muskets – not modern firearms.” I advised her of the 2008 ruling in District of Columbia v. Heller, which held that the Second Amendment was a fundamental right to possess, at a minimum, firearms in common use. She stated that she “disagreed with the opinion.” The political nature of firearm rights restoration is unavoidable.

So, you have a rogue district attorney who allows her personal opinions to decide case law in her head. This DA should be barred.

This thread is not about gun ownership it is about cops killing the mentally ill.........with guns LOL

Old 12-19-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.[1] Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me"). Paranoia is distinct from phobias, which also involve irrational fear, but usually no blame. Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia. For example, an incident most people would view as an accident or coincidence, a paranoid person might believe it was intentional.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

Old 12-19-2015, 09:48 PM

31,925 posts, read 14,913,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
I'm not a doctor so I could not do so. But there many people who suffer from some form of mental illness and do not receive adequate care. Here is an example.

EXCLUSIVE: Pat Ward, 66, had arranged an appointment on Friday with a psychiatrist to get medications for her 35-year-old son, Derek. ‘He killed my sister because we couldn’t get the prescriptions he needed.

{snip}

Derek Ward was too old to be covered by his mother's insurance, and they struggled to find a doctor who would accept Medicaid.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1993915

Anything having to do with the brain is considered a mental illness. And we are talking about millions of people. The majority don't go out and kill people though.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:36 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,278,142 times
The war on crazy marches on.

Although it's not the guy on the street talking to himself that will be on the governments crazy list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies