Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 12:42 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Norway Offers Migrants a Lesson in How to Treat Women

...that's one approach. Another would be to realize these cultures are not compatible and not let them in in the first place.
I was born in Norway. My father is Norwegian. The last time I was there I was 13 years old and I've lived all over the world since that time, but I still think of Norway as my homeland. I am sad for what has happened to my country. And I am sad that they did it to themselves. Such stupidity. Very sad.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:51 PM

260 posts, read 239,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
That is an extremely short-sighted approach to increased migration.

If you read the article at all (doubtful) you would understand that rape is part of their culture. Yes, of course rape is evil, but it nevertheless is part of their culture. They believe women have no worth. That's not true, of course, but that is part of their culture.

Using the example of a pedophile is not a good comparison. A pedophile KNOWS what he or she is doing is wrong. These people from some countries in Africa DO NOT KNOW that rape is wrong. It is part of their culture.

There might not be too much success with the adults, but their children will change their attitudes. I've seen it happen so many times. The Asian Indians who come here for jobs and money try desperately to contain their children and force them to act as if they were still in India, but it's a losing battle. Their children are exposed to a more free society, and who would turn their backs on freedom?

In fact, thinking about it, I believe it is a good thing that people are migrating out of horrible cultures and will be exposed to more 'enlightened' (if you will) societies. That can only bode well for the world, in general, rather than having pockets of uneducated, primitive societies.

But, it seems the posters here would just rather take the easy way out, and bomb to hell everyone they don't like. I'm disappointed in my fellow Americans. But not surprised.
Is everyone just going to skip past this? This guy just tried to justify it by saying it's part of their culture. Well that's exactly why their culture isn't compatible with ours. You'd feel differently if it was your wife or daughter. This is absolutely disgusting.

No it's not a good thing that people are migrating out of these cultures because they don't assimilate. They bring their culture with them, rape included. But you're a liberal- a champion of women no doubt. I'm appalled.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:00 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDothisoften View Post
Is everyone just going to skip past this? This guy just tried to justify it by saying it's part of their culture. Well that's exactly why their culture isn't compatible with ours. You'd feel differently if it was your wife or daughter. This is absolutely disgusting.

No it's not a good thing that people are migrating out of these cultures because they don't assimilate. They bring their culture with them, rape included. But you're a liberal- a champion of women no doubt. I'm appalled.
I did not try to JUSTIFY anything!!!

I also mentioned that I have witnessed MANY Indian children rejecting their parents' culture when they are born and raised here.

People's cultures can be changed. They will not change if they are isolated and not exposed to something different and better.

Some of the posters in this thread are just as backward as the African immigrants, culturally speaking.

Backward.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:06 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
That is an extremely short-sighted approach to increased migration.

If you read the article at all (doubtful) you would understand that rape is part of their culture. Yes, of course rape is evil, but it nevertheless is part of their culture. They believe women have no worth. That's not true, of course, but that is part of their culture. .
Multiculturalism be damned

Old 12-20-2015, 02:06 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I was born in Norway. My father is Norwegian. The last time I was there I was 13 years old and I've lived all over the world since that time, but I still think of Norway as my homeland. I am sad for what has happened to my country. And I am sad that they did it to themselves. Such stupidity. Very sad.
Western elites are trying to do it to all of us, some are just further along.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
And if some Western women and girls are raped in the process of changing the savages, well that's the cost of progress, eh?
Because western women and girls aren't raped? By western men? At least, in the western world, they will be put into prison. They'll get the idea, eventually. Just like those who think they have the right to murder their own daughters.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:42 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
And if some Western women and girls are raped in the process of changing the savages, well that's the cost of progress, eh?
Well, they can learn to cover up and then they wont have to worry about exciting the men.

Old 12-20-2015, 04:14 PM

I see that no one can explain to me why a country informing immigrants about the laws of the country is worthy of derision.

That IS what this thread is about.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Norway Offers Migrants a Lesson in How to Treat Women

...that's one approach. Another would be to realize these cultures are not compatible and not let them in in the first place.
It's not going to change their view and treatment of women because women being second class and worth nothing is part of their religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies