Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 01:59 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
These officers should have been put in prison for stopping him in the first place.
I'm going to assume they have a law there making it illegal to ride a bike while wearing earphones which is perfectly reasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 02:31 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm going to assume they have a law there making it illegal to ride a bike while wearing earphones which is perfectly reasonable.
CA law states only one earplug in at a time.
https://calbike.org/bicycling-in-cal...ring-the-road/
There must be little crime in that neighborhood to be focusing on such violations.
Anyway look what their ineptness got them.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 12-20-2015 at 02:40 PM..

Old 12-20-2015, 02:38 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Yes, that is definitely a capital offense crime. Thank God these two goobers were there to take such a dangerous man off the planet and keep the rest of us safe from these hardened, earphone-wearing criminals.

LE is out of control in this country. This is just another in a long line of cases in point.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:44 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I just don't get it. Why can't two burly police officers take down one skinny guy on a bicycle?

Are these officers being mass produced out of a silly putty factory???

It should never have gotten to that point, for crying out loud!

Aren't there any health standards for police officers anymore? One of them was huffing and puffing away...

Weren't the dead guy's hands cuffed before the first shot?

Most officers are wearing 40# of tactical gear which by a couple of studies makes them less safe.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:48 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I just don't get it. Why can't two burly police officers take down one skinny guy on a bicycle?

Are these officers being mass produced out of a silly putty factory???

It should never have gotten to that point, for crying out loud!

Aren't there any health standards for police officers anymore? One of them was huffing and puffing away...

Weren't the dead guy's hands cuffed before the first shot?
Omg did you even watch the video? The guys hands wasn't put behind his back and cuffed until 1 and 55 seconds after the cop who was shot ( probably the one you are complaining about huffing and puffing ) had shot the suspect three times.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Fine, but what does that have to do with the fact that there were three guns?

If you don't have a reasonable explanation for the third gun let me say we are at that point where I diverge from what one might assume would be my position on this...

I find it understandable that individuals who feel that they have been wrongly arrested to do so without violence, and I think that the police should understand that as well and use only that force that is reasonable to affect and arrest.

So I don't ascribe to the argument "you get what you deserve when you resist arrest."

BUT

If you are holding a gun and you are physically resisting arrest getting shot should definitely be on your list of anticipatable outcomes.

Personally, there are too many mitigating factors for me to start arguing guilt or innocence in this case. Like I said, there are far too many out and out cases of police brutality and wrongful deaths for me to get too wrapped up in this one.
If he had a gun he had every right to shoot them for assaulting him. He was minding his own business and two guys jump him. He has a right to defend himself.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:57 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, that is definitely a capital offense crime.
It's not earphones they were arresting him for.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:45 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If he had a gun he had every right to shoot them for assaulting him. He was minding his own business and two guys jump him. He has a right to defend himself.
Pknopp, come on, please!

However unjust or unreasonable the stop you don't have a legal right to resist and you are never going to win the legal argument that you have the right to use deadly force to prevent just being arrested! So, please stick to the issue of whether or not the deputies were justified in the use of deadly force after they had disarmed Mr. Aguilar. That is where this case will be decided, although I think the likelihood of charges much less a conviction are pretty slim.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
It's not earphones they were arresting him for.
There are unsolved murders and plenty of others things these two could have been doing outside of harassing some guy riding his bike earphones or not.

If they have this kind of time there are too many of them.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:32 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Law enforcement has always been very corrupt.

With the explosion of cheap, high quality video-cameras, internet-videos and the internet in general.....the festering sickness of LE is out there for all to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZBS_p-NVFI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies