Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 04:38 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,320,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
He appears to be a nasty and negative person.
And is so funny when he is being nasty and negative, so I really look forward to hearing his unabridged nastiness, and negativism.

Seriously considering the nasty and negative things that he has had to contend with over the last 7 years, I think that a little nastiness and negativity would be a rich reward. Unfortunately, I doubt that he will veer too far from his present balanced demeanor.

Nonetheless, I had the opportunity to hear him speak in more candid settings in 2008, and I would like to hear the same candor that I hope to hear after he leaves office.

Quote:
His reign has been like a disease that someone overcomes and just doesn't ever want to think of again. Seriously, the worst POTUS in the history of our nation.
Only someone with a limited if not total misunderstanding of the history of the American presidency would ever venture to make such a statement.

Nixon, Hoover, John Tyler, Milard Fillmore, Franklin Pierce, Andrew Johnson, Harding, and James Buchanan are a hard bunch to best, so I don't think that Obama scores anywhere in the top 10 much less the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 04:52 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

Only someone with a limited if not total misunderstanding of the history of the American presidency would ever venture to make such a statement.

Nixon, Hoover, John Tyler, Milard Fillmore, Franklin Pierce, Andrew Johnson, Harding, and James Buchanan are a hard bunch to best, so I don't think that Obama scores anywhere in the top 10 much less the worst.
Classic logical fallacy argument. You first make say that anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is ignorant. Then you tell us your opinion and thus the reader thinks you must be right or hey are ignorant too.

I disagree about Nixon. Ht got caught for an underhanded act and impeachable act. Does that make him the worst president in terms of what he accomplished? No. What he did with China laid the groundwork for the end of the cold war and he wound down FDR's war in Vietnam. Certainly Obama has nothing to compare to this.

There are similar achievement for the others you list.

Old 12-20-2015, 04:57 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:

I agree with you completely! The only thing that is obvious about Obama as president is that he is the worst since Richard Nixon: most cynical since Nixon, least competent since Carter. This formulation leaves the records of Hoover etc. intact and unquestioned.

Old 12-20-2015, 04:59 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
When Obama leaves office like Clinton he we will a rather young man, and if he is anything like his predecessors Clinton and Carter, and I think that he is, I'm pretty sure it will be a rather public role so with much anticipation I can't wait to hear what he will have to say when unencumbered by the politics surrounding the presidency. If it is anything like he has hinted at over the last year, a period Larry Wilmore describes as the "Era of Obama Don't Give it should at least be entertaining.
I agree. But I can't wait, not only to see what he will do, but so we can stop hearing from the conspiracists, nutjobs, and haters. All in all, Obama has done a job really good with the pile of crap he was handed, and it will be so nice to not have to listen to hateful comments about the entire Obama family any longer. They have had to deal with more negativity, ignorance and hate than almost any other first family. Why people feel the need to bash Michelle Obama, who has had to tread more carefully than any other first lady and not make one misstep, is beyond me.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:23 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Has a former POTUS ever led a global Jihad movement?????

Old 12-20-2015, 05:32 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,124,410 times
Quote:
Will anyone start listening to him just because he isn't POTUS anymore. He has zero memorable positives in his reign as POTUS. He appears to be a nasty and negative person so I hope he just fades quietly into history. His reign has been like a disease that someone overcomes and just doesn't ever want to think of again. Seriously, the worst POTUS in the history of our nation.

Nobody listened to him as POTUS so when he is out of office people will listen even less.....He is so PC I really think that IS his personality.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Classic logical fallacy argument. You first make say that anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is ignorant.
The list of worst presidents isn't simply my "opinion" (warning another logical fallacy coming your way) but the collective opinion of most historians (argumentum ad verecundiam).

Quote:
Then you tell us your opinion and thus the reader thinks you must be right or hey are ignorant too.
I never said I was perfect.

Quote:
I disagree about Nixon.
I would think that while facing probable impeachment and being the first and only President forced to resign from office would be prima facia evidence of worstness(sic) without requiring the need to catalogue each and every offense that he committed while in office.

Oooops!

Quote:
Ht got caught for an underhanded act and impeachable act.
"An" as in the singular indefinite article?

Two articles of impeachment were passed by the House's Committee on the Judiciary, Article I, contained 9 specific charges with Article II listing 5 more.

Quote:
What he did with China laid the groundwork for the end of the cold war and he wound down FDR's war in Vietnam. Certainly Obama has nothing to compare to this.
Laying the ground work for the end of the Cold War was suppose to be Reagan's tour de force and Vietnam was Eisenhower's war since the hostilities in Vietnam during the Roosevelt's time in office was the ultimate the Vietnamese participation in the war against Japan.

As for Obama, I would forcefully argue that preventing the economy from reaching the proportions of the Great Depression and the general recovery of the economy; the enactment of a national healthcare program that had been unattainable by such presidents as Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, Bill Clinton and Nixon himself; and depending upon where you sit on the climate change aisle a spear heading what may be the most important agree agreement to combat climate change (if you are in a mind to believe in human caused climate change) that could have far reaching global implications for generations to come... I think that isn't such a bad vitas. But then again I'm biased.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Will anyone start listening to him just because he isn't POTUS anymore. He has zero memorable positives in his reign as POTUS. He appears to be a nasty and negative person so I hope he just fades quietly into history. His reign has been like a disease that someone overcomes and just doesn't ever want to think of again. Seriously, the worst POTUS in the history of our nation.
LOL. Worst than the previous Administration who started a duel war of choice at the expense of several trillion dollars and putting the West in a dangerous situation, while also being in charge when the worst financial crisis since the Great Depession occurred?

You'll excuse me if I think you don't get out much. I'm not sure you can quantify anything worse than leading the charge into two wars of choice.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
it will be so nice to not have to listen to hateful comments about the entire Obama family any longer. They have had to deal with more negativity, ignorance and hate than almost any other first family. Why people feel the need to bash Michelle Obama, who has had to tread more carefully than any other first lady and not make one misstep, is beyond me.
Amen to that one.

Off topic but...

They dogged Michelle for her fine looks but have been rather quiet about Mrs. Carson who I personally thinks looks like a wonderful grandma/aunt but she's no Michelle Obama.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:11 PM

Anyway back on topic...

Aside from his public statements after his term of office I will be looking for to both authorized and unauthorized histories of his administration, the good, the bad and the ugly particularly when it comes to the TARP negotiations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies