Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 08:47 AM

188 posts, read 102,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
Do you support the Free the Nipple movement? Is it an issue that presidential candidates should address?

Should a woman's choice to be topless in public be legalized nationwide? Why or why not? Discuss.
No, for all the obvious reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 08:48 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,728,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No, you wouldn't lol

Like I posted earlier, a male stranger's body does absolutely nothing to me. I've drawn at least hundreds. But when boyfriends get naked in front of me, 100% of the time, I get aroused. But then again, I am a straight woman, and my boyfriends don't have average body. They are gorgeous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It's not so horrible. I still enjoy my wife's breasts as much as I ever did. And I still see the beauty in the female body, I just don't get all worked up over the sight of it. In the absence of other stimulators factors, it is more like looking at a piece of art.

I don't like the idea of not being titillated by the sight of attractive female strangers either. As it stands now whenever I see nice uncovered(or even partially covered) boobies it is as if the clouds have parted and a divine light shines upon them accompanied by the sound of singing angels.(although my wife has been complaining about the electric bill lately so maybe the source of the light is not as divine as I had assumed) If the price to be paid for allowing topless women in public to be commonplace is the loss of this sense of awe and wonder then I am not willing to pay it. It makes me wonder if that was not a hidden meaning behind the song lyric "The Day the Music Died" though.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:49 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,437,327 times
Yes, more naked women in the world is a good thing. No, its a great thing. Small ones, itty bitty ones, large pendulous ones, hangers, rockets, fake ones, and everything in between.

No, Presidential candidates should not weigh in on this, good grief is that really a serious question? You know what?...We get everything we deserve politically, we deserve it good and hard.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:57 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,392,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Sex is not immoral. It is natural . People like you are the problem.
Wow, interesting reply. Jab and all...

Sure it is Normal. In the Right Place, at the Right Time and with the Right Person.

By the way, right back at you with the "Jab".

Old 12-22-2015, 09:03 AM

6,252 posts, read 5,048,879 times
Quote:
1. Do you support the Free the Nipple movement? 2 Is it an issue that presidential candidates should address?

3. Should a woman's choice to be topless in public be legalized nationwide? Why or why not? Discuss.
1. I wish the people involved in "movements" would dedicate their time and energy to "movements" that actually matter. Movements to help the homeless or the abused. Visit a veterans hospital. Visit a nursing home. Clean up your neighborhood.

2 No

3. Don't care to give it any more consideration than the amount of time it took me to write this post. ISIS, wages, quality jobs, secure borders.......................F the nipple movement.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:09 AM

37,764 posts, read 40,880,036 times
Quote:
Do you support the Free the Nipple movement? Is it an issue that presidential candidates should address?

Should a woman's choice to be topless in public be legalized nationwide? Why or why not? Discuss.
What does your mother think? No seriously, have you asked any women in your family?

Old 12-22-2015, 09:10 AM

18,429 posts, read 15,171,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I don't like the idea of not being titillated by the sight of attractive female strangers either. As it stands now whenever I see nice uncovered(or even partially covered) boobies it is as if the clouds have parted and a divine light shines upon them accompanied by the sound of singing angels.(although my wife has been complaining about the electric bill lately so maybe the source of the light is not as divine as I had assumed) If the price to be paid for allowing topless women in public to be commonplace is the loss of this sense of awe and wonder then I am not willing to pay it. It makes me wonder if that was not a hidden meaning behind the song lyric "The Day the Music Died" though.
Sexual arousal is a function of the brain. There are plenty of MRI studies that prove that. To put it simply, sexual areas of the brain light up, and cause the release of hormones. If you live in a country where women cover up completely, the mere sight of an arm might be enough to stimulate those areas of the brain. Would you be happier there? I somehow doubt it, but maybe you would be.

Those areas of my brain still get stimulated by naked women, but just not for the sake of them being naked. A change in atmosphere or situation is all it takes. If I am at a bachelor party at a strip club, I get just as aroused as anyone else, though at times, I do find that in my mind I am critiquing the work of the plastic surgeon. But My brain gets stimulated because of the situation and the atmosphere. Same with when I am with my wife.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:16 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,105,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
As far as being "Topless" just to be "Topless"...

That's all we need is more Sex to be added to the Immorality of the country.

We have plenty enough of it already.

Well maybe boobs are considered so sexual because this culture makes it that way, particularly by declaring it forbidden.

By reversing that, and making boobs into something that's no big deal, something that people regularly encounter without event, it removes boobs from the 'erotic repertoire', thus reducing the sex obsession, not increasing it.

Just look at tribal cultures that go topless. No one gives anyone's boobs a second thought. They're only there for baby.

Contrast to certain Muslim countries where women are at real risk of violent rape just exposing their ankle because everything about a women is considered an erotic thing that must be hidden away.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:23 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,067,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
1. I wish the people involved in "movements" would dedicate their time and energy to "movements" that actually matter. Movements to help the homeless or the abused. Visit a veterans hospital. Visit a nursing home. Clean up your neighborhood.

2 No

3. Don't care to give it any more consideration than the amount of time it took me to write this post. ISIS, wages, quality jobs, secure borders.......................F the nipple movement.
I agree, it seems like a real waste to fight for something that less than 1 percent of women will ever partake in.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:28 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,392,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Well maybe boobs are considered so sexual because this culture makes it that way, particularly by declaring it forbidden.

By reversing that, and making boobs into something that's no big deal, something that people regularly encounter without event, it removes boobs from the 'erotic repertoire', thus reducing the sex obsession, not increasing it.

Just look at tribal cultures that go topless. No one gives anyone's boobs a second thought. They're only there for baby.
Well, by reversing your comments, why is it so important that we have them exposed??

Also if we did go with "making boobs into something that's no big deal", it would take many decades for it to be implemented.

Besides, I kind of like the way things are. When I first met my wife, it served no purpose to see them right away. That came later on. Like a wrapped present, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies