Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 09:59 AM

11,120 posts, read 10,672,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Interesting...

Short says This is the only time of the year we ever ask people involved with our organization to come out or donate money... Why?

And why not simply get the permit(s) and pay the fees? Maybe if they did that (like the rest of us do), and "donated money," people who can't care for themselves wouldn't be sleeping in tents after after getting one day of sustenance.

This has nothing to do with the Second Amendment, either, folks. Lol, though I'm just picturing DH and I brandishing our sidearms when we refuse to obtain/pay for a permit for a house addition, or decide to violate codes.

Give me a break.
Why should you have to get permission from the government to help people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 10:27 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,392,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
It would be a shame to see them come down with food poisoning unintentionally.

...or intentially.

And I thought that all white people were racist.

Common misconception.

All humans are classist.

White people become racist when they conflate race with class.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:35 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,767,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Government gets really PO'ed when the people take it upon themselves to make the promises government has made to the people, happen without any government control.

Are we a free society? Or are we ruled over like slaves.
We are quickly becoming the serfs to an out of control political class who are tone deaf to us. Congress has had dismal approval ratings for a decade now. They made grand promises, both Dems and Pubs, and then did a 180° what a shock!

Now we're leading up to an election which will feature agents of the corporate machine, one without a plan, and one who believes she's a queen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Why should you have to get permission from the government to help people?
Welcome to "change and NO hope"
Control was the plan and still is the plan.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,961,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
We are quickly becoming the serfs to an out of control political class who are tone deaf to us. Congress has had dismal approval ratings for a decade now. They made grand promises, both Dems and Pubs, and then did a 180° what a shock!

Now we're leading up to an election which will feature agents of the corporate machine, one without a plan, and one who believes she's a queen.

Welcome to "change and NO hope"
Control was the plan and still is the plan.

That was in place long before Obama, but no question it's getting worse in terms of the growing police state in this country.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:28 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
Well, they got me off my butt and I went and took a backpack full of new socks down to the homeless area near me. They were appreciative.

They requested some inflatable mattresses and I'm going to try and get some people to pitch in with me and buy a few.
Attached Thumbnails
Armed defiance at the homeless shelter.-2.jpg   Armed defiance at the homeless shelter.-3.jpg   Armed defiance at the homeless shelter.-4.jpg  

Old 12-22-2015, 02:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,867,636 times
I don't get it why the "authorities" would be so butt hurt over regular dudes and ladies helping them out, as long as the homeless are NOT being troublemakers.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:00 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,528,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Government gets really PO'ed when the people take it upon themselves to make the promises government has made to the people, happen without any government control.

Are we a free society? Or are we ruled over like slaves.
Slaves? Give me a break. All that organization had to do was get a temporary event permit. In my state, if it's a nonprofit organization & it's a one day event, they don't even have to pay the permit fee, but they still need the permit. And the health inspectors are the ones who inspect the events, not the police. What, those people are so paranoid that they have to brandish their guns at a charitable event for the homeless? Yeah, real brave souls they are. Like the inspectors are intimidated by guns? Not. By the way, if they don't have a permit, I'm sure they were issued a citation & will still be given a fee after the event. The inspectors only need to know the name of the organization & voila, there's your fee, pals. Maybe next year they won't be such sulking babies & take the few minutes out of their day to get a temporary event permit.

I realize it feels like you need permits for everything, I get it. And it's a nice thing what they're doing but their attitude sucks. You're not going to make friends with the police OR the health inspectors with that kind of attitude.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Slaves? Give me a break. All that organization had to do was get a temporary event permit. In my state, if it's a nonprofit organization & it's a one day event, they don't even have to pay the permit fee, but they still need the permit. And the health inspectors are the ones who inspect the events, not the police. What, those people are so paranoid that they have to brandish their guns at a charitable event for the homeless? Yeah, real brave souls they are. Like the inspectors are intimidated by guns? Not. By the way, if they don't have a permit, I'm sure they were issued a citation & will still be given a fee after the event. The inspectors only need to know the name of the organization & voila, there's your fee, pals. Maybe next year they won't be such sulking babies & take the few minutes out of their day to get a temporary event permit.

I realize it feels like you need permits for everything, I get it. And it's a nice thing what they're doing but their attitude sucks. You're not going to make friends with the police OR the health inspectors with that kind of attitude.
Some aren't so fragile as to need the government to direct everything we do.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:32 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,528,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Some aren't so fragile as to need the government to direct everything we do.
And if they can't get a simple permit, they'll be fined for it. If they're a nonprofit, they probably didn't even need to actually pay for one, yet they still refused. So, now they can get fined. Real tough guys.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And if they can't get a simple permit, they'll be fined for it. If they're a nonprofit, they probably didn't even need to actually pay for one, yet they still refused. So, now they can get fined. Real tough guys.
More and more are saying "No" and that is only going to continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies