Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 11:38 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Elect Democrats and lose your rights. It's that simple.

They are the party of control freaks and busybodies. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they weren't trying to run our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 11:49 AM

314 posts, read 400,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
They are the party of control freaks and busybodies. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they weren't trying to run our lives.
That's why they wanted women to submit to vaginal ultrasound before an abortion? OOppss, are you sure you are not talking about republican because when you talk about control freaks, there are no other act that epitomize control freaks more than getting into women vagina.

Old 12-23-2015, 12:01 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Although I believe it's a stupid idea, I feel Virginia should have the right not to recognize concealed carry permits of other states if they so choose.
And I believe my state should not recognize the driver or marriage licenses from whatever state you are from.

It is called DISCRIMINATION to deny one American the benefits another enjoys under the Constitution.

Old 12-23-2015, 12:13 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
And I believe my state should not recognize the driver or marriage licenses from whatever state you are from.
I believe a state should have the right to not honor the drivers licenses of other states if it chooses. Of course, when you are on the federal highway system within that state, you would be fine, and I'd say that state shouldn't receive any federal dollars for their state roads and be required to return any federal road dollars paid to it in the past.

I also would have no issue with a state not recognizing marriage licenses from other states.

Quote:
It is called DISCRIMINATION to deny one American the benefits another enjoys under the Constitution.
Is it also DISCRIMINATION that I can't walk into the governor's office whenever I choose since it is public property?

Old 12-23-2015, 01:07 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Quote:
Actually it is about competency every state that I can think of requires a written and road test for their first license so reciprocity across state lines makes sense.

Now what I do find curious is the criteria that Virginians attorney general used to decide which states would retain reciprocity and which states wouldn't.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:17 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:

Yawn

Old 12-23-2015, 02:46 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Quote:

DiSCRIMINATIOn isn't always a bad thing. It is a great self preservation tool. More people should learn to embrace it.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a4d_story.html

Only a democrat is this dumb. You want to "crack down" on the 2nd amendment so you refuse to recognize CCP from 25 states....a CCP is hard to get you actually have to pass background check even if you didn't do so when you bought the weapon,some states require training or safety classes. So glad that moron Governor can only serve 1 term. Republican would have won the last election if that idiot libertarian had not run.

I find it amusing, that some idiot in power, thinks the 10th amendment overrules the 2nd amendment.

Bwhahahaha!

Old 12-23-2015, 03:32 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Used to be I could legally carry from my home state of Virginia all the way across the country to the Arizona/California line. Now I'll have to stop at the West Virginia/Kentucky line.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:56 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
The Scotus has already said that states can't do this.

Lawsuit will be filed against the idiots running Virginia and this move will be declared unconstitutional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies