Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2015, 09:43 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times

Advertisements

Organic has eaten these guy's brains. "...biotech industry shills are deliberately contaminating Chipotle's food with strains of e.coli in a malicious attempt to destroy both the reputation and finances of the Chipotle food chain." Never mind that Chipotle's model of fresh never frozen, no additives or preservatives, and more food prep/chopping at restaurants versus a centralized food processing plant puts them more at risk.

ANALYSIS: Chipotle is a victim of corporate sabotage... biotech industry food terrorists are planting e.coli in retaliation for restaurant's anti-GMO menu - NaturalNews.com

Chipotle Alters Cooking, Food Preparation In Bid to Halt Illnesses - NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 09:47 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Natural news is not exactly a reputable news organization.

There are times I wish the site just banned 5-6 of the worst offenders on this sort of thing, mother earth news, breitbart, naturalnews, etc. But the problem is every now and then each of those sites are right.

Let me know when they have some real proof, until then...meh.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:17 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
I suppose the question is - why is this happening? Chipotle is supposedly changing their cooking and preparation methods - but why all of sudden is there a problem when they have been preparing food for years? What's changed?

Old 12-23-2015, 10:33 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I suppose the question is - why is this happening? Chipotle is supposedly changing their cooking and preparation methods - but why all of sudden is there a problem when they have been preparing food for years? What's changed?
Good question but I do not know what changed. I do know that I do not want to chance eating their food so I am done with them. The good news is there a good Chipotle steak recipe on the internet and I make my own.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:20 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
Well, there is no such concrete entity as "The Biotech Food Industry". However, there does exist the generations-old practice, among persons of my Real Daddy's ethnicity, of sending your own people in, to sabotage the businesses of competitors.

A shareholder in a family-owned corporation, to whom I rent some of my farm land, had been a rabid anti-Semite, until, as a plant engineer, he watched a large North Carolina furniture concern wrested from its Jewish ownership, via just such a tactic. (The usurpers were of my Real Daddy's ethnicity and affiliations.) (I was wearing a big jade pendant, incorporating the Star of David, which made the Engineer feel safe in telling me that story)

And, in the business lore of my old metro, there were two particularly infamous examples of large concerns stolen from their founding families, using essentially the same tactic as what NaturalNews is seemingly alleging to have been employed against Chipotle. (There's more to it than that, including freezing of the target family's liquid assets, forced bankruptcy, and local news blackouts, by cabals of my old home's 'Bidnismen'. But the initial 'weakening' of the target businesses was wrought by 'plants', sent in to sabotage.)

So, I would hardly be surprised to hear that Chipotle's recent woes were the result of sabotage. However, the identity of those employing the saboteurs may not be precisely the folk NaturalNews seems to be alleging. My guess would be a more direct competitor (or a 'Cabal') affronted by the fact that Chipotle was founded by a very white guy (and, apparently, a Gay one, and, maybe a Jewish one), and is owned by a bunch of (mostly white, mostly Jewish/Anglo/Asian) shareholders.

I know the mayor of a town, who began investigating suspicious comings and goings from one Mexican restaurant in his/her town. This led to another restaurant, and to another, and to another, until he/she had uncovered an entire criminal network, hiding-behind/laundering-money-through a network of restaurants, forming a virtual web, spread across his/her state. Surely, the existence of Taco Bell, owned by a Fortune 500 corporation, must enrage. And Chipotle must enrage, too. It's not very hard, to send in a guy or two, to do a little something.

That said, we do know that certain very concrete entities within the world of Biotech HAVE demonstrated that they are willing to fight dirty. They have demonstrated that they will stop at nothing, to achieve their ends. They've done worse. Why would it stretch the boundaries of credence, to suspect that they might have been involved here?

Who's the Culprit? Is there a Culprit (a culprit larger than a microbe, that is)? I don't know. But I do know that there is, in the Real World, such a thing as a conspiracy.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 12-23-2015 at 11:28 AM..

Old 12-23-2015, 11:27 AM

461 posts, read 332,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Natural news is not exactly a reputable news organization.

There are times I wish the site just banned 5-6 of the worst offenders on this sort of thing, mother earth news, breitbart, naturalnews, etc. But the problem is every now and then each of those sites are right.

Let me know when they have some real proof, until then...meh.
Those websites are more truthful than the MSM is. People just don't want the illusions the MSM tells them destroyed.

Old 12-23-2015, 12:17 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Corporate espionage happens all the time.

What is interesting about the outbreak is that it was limited to Chipotle. Normally when there's a tainted food outbreak it's state wide, or regional. Like when the broccoli was tainted here in California.

If nothing changed after years of using the same process, why would it turn south the way it has without having had a little push. It actually makes sense, and certainly more than believing it's the way they handle food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies