Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 07:56 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
I don't know how many times it has to be pointed out.

BLM is a movement that protests the results of institutional racism in the police force.

Some other protest movement can protest the dead black children killed by civillians.

If you care so much why don't you start it.
Don't any of you actually READ what the women that started BLM write on their website? IF it were all about the POLICE, then they would not be shutting down Malls, Airports, Highways and Trains -- NONE of which have anything at all to do with the POLICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
To be fair BLM has done a horrible job of communicating their message to folks.
They do a fine job of "getting the message out" -- the Black Lives Matter leaders (3 gay women) have a comprehensive Web-site, Facebook, many Twitter sites and on the ground chapters in many cities. They are able to mobilize people almost instantly, hold training events and well planned "protests".

Sure -- going after Law Enforcement is part of it, but that didn't "start" it. The movement is about "White Privilege", they strongly believe that their is Systemic Racism against Black people, Gay/Lesbian/Transgendered Black people and that White people are responsible for ALL their problems. They believe there is a Black Genocide in America.

Read the Manifesto - this is what they call their Mission Statement. - BlackLivesMatter.com

It was a response to the anti-Black racism that permeates our society and also, unfortunately, our movements. It's Black Liberation Theology taken to a new level.

Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise. It is an affirmation of Black folks’ contributions to this society, our humanity, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

It centers those that have been marginalized within Black liberation movements. It is a tactic to (re)build the Black liberation movement.

When we say Black Lives Matter, we are talking about the ways in which Black people are deprived of our basic human rights and dignity.

I would add that these women leaders and their chapters around the country have turned BLM into a Business. I don't doubt that they wholeheartedly believe every word they write, BUT they are entirely too self-centered to see what is the real destruction in Black Neighborhoods and so have ZERO interest in solving any problems.

It's ALL the fault of White People -- these dead Black Children and the Gang Violence are not even on their Radar.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:00 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Don't any of you actually READ what the women that started BLM write on their website? IF it were all about the POLICE, then they would not be shutting down Malls, Airports, Highways and Trains -- NONE of which have anything at all to do with the POLICE.

They do a fine job of "getting the message out" -- the Black Lives Matter leaders (3 gay women) have a comprehensive Web-site, Facebook, many Twitter sites and on the ground chapters in many cities. They are able to mobilize people almost instantly, hold training events and well planned "protests".

Sure -- going after Law Enforcement is part of it, but that didn't "start" it. The movement is about "White Privilege", they strongly believe that their is Systemic Racism against Black people, Gay/Lesbian/Transgendered Black people and that White people are responsible for ALL their problems. They believe there is a Black Genocide in America.

Read the Manifesto - this is what they call their Mission Statement. - BlackLivesMatter.com

It was a response to the anti-Black racism that permeates our society and also, unfortunately, our movements. It's Black Liberation Theology taken to a new level.

Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise. It is an affirmation of Black folks’ contributions to this society, our humanity, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

It centers those that have been marginalized within Black liberation movements. It is a tactic to (re)build the Black liberation movement.

When we say Black Lives Matter, we are talking about the ways in which Black people are deprived of our basic human rights and dignity.

I would add that these women leaders and their chapters around the country have turned BLM into a Business. I don't doubt that they wholeheartedly believe every word they write, BUT they are entirely too self-centered to see what is the real destruction in Black Neighborhoods and so have ZERO interest in solving any problems.

It's ALL the fault of White People -- these dead Black Children and the Gang Violence are not even on their Radar.
Def sounds like hood rat "culture" if the word "police" is taken out and replaced with "thug".

In 1965 Black people had REAL reason to be afraid of white people and especially the cops; in 2015 it ain't either, it's hood rats doing the dirty work of keeping some Black people down.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:19 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Of course it does. That's how you get people's attention.

Quote:

It's not about them.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:39 AM

291 posts, read 390,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
I don't know how many times it has to be pointed out.

BLM is a movement that protests the results of institutional racism in the police force.

Some other protest movement can protest the dead black children killed by civillians.

If you care so much why don't you start it.
56 people shot, 12 people killed over Memorial Day weekend in Chicago. A beautiful little 9-year-old executed in broad daylight also in Chicago. 28 people murdered so far this month in Baltimore.

The point of the original poster is that if these situations were occurring in our communities, we would probably focus our efforts toward the one that involves the daily slaughter of people in our community as opposed to the situation that happens once or twice per year.

So-called civil rights activists are treated to a heroes welcome as they parachute in and stay for as long as the cameras are there.

From our communities, we watch in disbelief. We've watched everything from closed highways, blocked malls, and burning CVS stores. But none of those were for the murdered 9-year-old. If it doesn't involve the police, no one seems to care. Meanwhile, the gangs, the violence, and the drug dealing runs unaddressed.

The bottom line is that it seems the daily violence will never be addressed. How do we know? We know because it never has never been addressed in a meaningful way.

If someone were selling drugs or murdering in my neighborhood, I want them arrested immediately. I don't care if he is white, black, or whatever. When that philosophy is adopted in all neighborhoods, things will change.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:44 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzliteyear View Post
56 people shot, 12 people killed over Memorial Day weekend in Chicago. A beautiful little 9-year-old executed in broad daylight also in Chicago. 28 people murdered so far this month in Baltimore.

The point of the original poster is that if these situations were occurring in our communities, we would probably focus our efforts toward the one that involves the daily slaughter of people in our community as opposed to the situation that happens once or twice per year.

So-called civil rights activists are treated to a heroes welcome as they parachute in and stay for as long as the cameras are there.

From our communities, we watch in disbelief. We've watched everything from closed highways, blocked malls, and burning CVS stores. But none of those were for the murdered 9-year-old. If it doesn't involve the police, no one seems to care. Meanwhile, the gangs, the violence, and the drug dealing runs unaddressed.

The bottom line is that it seems the daily violence will never be addressed. How do we know? We know because it never has never been addressed in a meaningful way.

If someone were selling drugs or murdering in my neighborhood, I want them arrested immediately. I don't care if he is white, black, or whatever. When that philosophy is adopted in all neighborhoods, things will change.
So go and address it or is that only for others?

Old 12-26-2015, 08:51 AM

684 posts, read 514,221 times
Quote:

I couldn't have said it better. These thug cry babies all want to cry foul over human rights and dignity... and they blame the white man for their so called "repression" and then justify their behavior for their lot in life. NEVER taking personal responsibility or accountability for their own actions, their own people, or their own communities. Thug life is their downfall and their self imposed prison also fueled by the entitlements and government help they get that only helps keep them down yet they always want others to be responsible and whitey is the one who gets all the blame. I'm so tired of it I just tune them out..they have no message, they have no real argument, and they have no real dignity

Old 12-26-2015, 09:11 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
My memory is a little fuzzy. What order by a police officer did Hear he Zimmerman ignore?
The dispatcher on the 911 call told Zimmerman not to pursue Martin, to let the police handle it. Zimmerman ignored the request and pursued Martin anyway. What followed really bold down to Zimmerman's word. Zimmerman had formed an opinion that Martin didn't belong in the development and was up to no good.
What followed only Zimmerman knows.
My opinion is that Zimmerman lied. He is a demonstrated hothead, his actions both before and after the incident bear this out.
He was told to let the police handle it and he ignored the dispatcher.
I am not a BLM supporter, but they do have a valid concern. There are far too many deaths by cops in this country and allowing cops to investigate their own is an absolute conflict of interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies