Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: is "white privilege" an excuse for black failure?
yes 204 71.58%
no 81 28.42%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 07:16 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
It's human nature to judge. The basis and condition of that judgement may vary.
Ah, so you admit it.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:24 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah you shouldn't want to discuss Latin American's Spanish ancestors having a much worse history than the British colonies, actual huge civilizations conquered not just small often roaming tribes like in America, way more natives dying, 95% of the slave trade going to Latin America where few survived intact, the conversion of Latin America to Catholicism (not that I think that was bad but liberals do), wholesale impregnation of the native women etc . No Latin American should ever open their mouth about the British Colonies' history. Having some or even all American Indian ancestry doesn't entitle you to migrate from your historical tribal areas in latin American into others. Likewise a Cherokee Indian is not entitled to migrate into Mexico. Neither would being Spanish entitle someone to migrate to Latin America.
That's your opinion. At least more indigenous people are still alive there.

In Latin America, there are far more people of African descent there and indigenous African religions survived more there.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Not making excuses for the wrongdoing of Europe and the U.S. doesn't translate to hate. I happen to like certain countries in Europe. As an American, I am grateful for the opportunities here and have made the most of them. That doesn't change the fact that there are negatives about the society and about the history.

What you want is to be able to speak about the ills in much of the rest of the world but don't want to hear anyone discuss the ills in American or European societies and histories. Doesn't work that way.
And yet....non-whites become hypersensitive at the hint of ANY criticism, no matter how true it is.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:29 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
What you want is to be able to speak about the ills in much of the rest of the world but don't want to hear anyone discuss the ills in American or European societies and histories. Doesn't work that way.

No what I want is the past to be the past and not (mis)judged from the present. I want leftist to stop talking about all the negative things they perceive about European history, present day whites and never positive things. They never talk about the negative history of everyone else who is non-European, and there's plenty that is just being buried and hidden. They make up positive history for nonwhites and fabricate negative spin against Europeans. Leftist never talking about negatives of what nonwhites do today.

I want all this leftist anti-white crap to be put to rest. I want European countries to stop being flooded by non-Europeans who hate Europeans anyway. How would you like it if white woman pumped out an average of 5 babies and we sent poor whites to nonwhite countries and bashed your culture endlessly there, demanded welfare and to be made equal or superior?

Old 12-30-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
And yet....non-whites become hypersensitive at the hint of ANY criticism, no matter how true it is.
Really? Or is it that you can't take when someone disagrees with you?

Old 12-30-2015, 07:33 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,122 times
Gotta love how these questions are framed in such a leading. I wonder what the OP's perspective is?

Old 12-30-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post

And their white leftist enablers. Say anything negative about a nonwhite no matter how true, you will be banned! censored! fired! silenced!.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Really? Or is it that you can't take when someone disagrees with you?
Here's an example:

I love this quote, from a seasoned teacher at a public school in Baltimore:

"There's this notion that the poor — especially the black poor — can do no wrong. If you criticize any poor and black person who displays inappropriate, boorish or egregiously bad conduct, you'll be dismissed as a racist if you're not black.

And as an Uncle Tom or sellout if you are."

These students would destroy property, defecate in the stairwells, cuss their teachers up and down, and yet they can't be disciplined, out of fear or being called a racist.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
That's your opinion. At least more indigenous people are still alive there.

In Latin America, there are far more people of African descent there and indigenous African religions survived more there.

Pure baloney. There were probably more Aztecs alone when Cortez arrived in ~1510 than all the native tribes in America when the British arrived in 1600. America had practically nothing but small tribes and wilderness in 1600. No civilizations or gold was looted from the natives in America by the British. Blacks are the same percentage of the US population that they were in the mid 1600s and are an intact race. American Indians are mostly likely more populous in the US than they were in 1600. The natives were almost entirely wiped out in the Carribean as were the vast majority of slaves in latin America. You know nothing. I don't care about what happened in latin America one way or the other. I'm just not going to let you spew your anti-Americanism. You're just a pro-latin American, anti-American. Why are you here?

Old 12-30-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No what I want is the past to be the past and not (mis)judged from the present. I want leftist to stop talking about all the negative things they perceive about European history and never positive things. They never talk about the negative history of everyone else who is non-European, and there's plenty that is just being buried and hidden. They make up positive history for nonwhites and fabricate negative spin against Europeans.

I want all this leftist anti-white crap to be put to rest. I want European countries to stop being flooded by non-Europeans who hate Europeans anyway. How would you like it if white woman pumped out an average of 5 babies and we sent poor whites to nonwhite countries and bashed your culture endlessly there, demanded welfare and to be made equal or superior?
That's all convenient discussion. You want the past to be past but yet you have no problem speaking about the past when it suits you.

That's what many whites did in the Americas. Plenty poor whites came over, bashed the culture and put themselves in a superior position by force. What you fail to understand is that past actions have caused much of the present ills.

There are positives and negatives discussed about nations across the world.

And I don't get into that left/right nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies