Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was 2015 better than 2014??
Yes 31 52.54%
No 28 47.46%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 05:25 AM

4,699 posts, read 4,058,877 times

Advertisements

From a Nordic prospective, hell no!

The country economy has declined considerably, greece got crushed again, "refugees" are pouring in over the border, and our leaders are too afraid of doing the right thing, meaning return the boats. At the same time EU is wasting time make terrible deals with turkey and pushing for common asylum policy. However, few want eu decide asylum policy because it is only democratic on paper.

The whole situation is so pathetic, I am looking forward to the day I will move to China, my wife homeland. Currently it is not practical, but in some years it will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 05:36 AM

15,066 posts, read 6,145,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Thanks, I am sure it will, this sudden all dying at the same time thing is weird, because I hadn't lost anyone else in about 4 years. And then BAM. Really weird.
Can't imagine how weird and almost numbing it is. Death is the hardest part of life, but we live through it somehow.

Old 12-27-2015, 05:58 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,545,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This year....ended poorly with about 8 of my friends and family dying in various horrible ways in the last 2 months.
So sorry for your losses greywar

Hope 2016 will be a much better year for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
From a Nordic prospective, hell no!

The country economy has declined considerably, greece got crushed again, "refugees" are pouring in over the border, and our leaders are too afraid of doing the right thing, meaning return the boats. At the same time EU is wasting time make terrible deals with turkey and pushing for common asylum policy. However, few want eu decide asylum policy because it is only democratic on paper.

The whole situation is so pathetic, I am looking forward to the day I will move to China, my wife homeland. Currently it is not practical, but in some years it will be.
Interesting!!

Where you at man??

Can you elaborate??

Old 12-27-2015, 06:06 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,989,568 times
Living life to the fullest with family and friends is always a good year !
Unfortunately we all die at some point usually in three's now it seems but they will always be remembered in our hearts and alive in our memories...

Old 12-27-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Interesting!!

Where you at man??

Can you elaborate??
I am currently in Norway, which has got impacted by the low oil prices. However we are better off than Sweden which is getting crushed by asylum seekers, combined with their silly housing policies. Because of that getting rental housing is nearly impossible in most cities in Sweden. This is also making it extremely expensive for the government to find housing for the asylum seekers.

If it was just Norway, then I would just blame our reliance on oil, but nearly all countries in Europe have some kind of serious problem that will impact the economy and public finances, and that's kind of sad. In addition we have eu which is undermining democracy and creating problems.

So what do you want know?

Old 12-27-2015, 10:35 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,545,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I am currently in Norway, which has got impacted by the low oil prices. However we are better off than Sweden which is getting crushed by asylum seekers, combined with their silly housing policies. Because of that getting rental housing is nearly impossible in most cities in Sweden. This is also making it extremely expensive for the government to find housing for the asylum seekers.

If it was just Norway, then I would just blame our reliance on oil, but nearly all countries in Europe have some kind of serious problem that will impact the economy and public finances, and that's kind of sad. In addition we have eu which is undermining democracy and creating problems.

So what do you want know?
So i guess Denmark is a bit better??

So many countries are in bad shape cause of low oil prices.

Can i ask you generally why northern countries are so generous about immigration??

I mean you guys want these people but don't you know they are useless people with no skills and will cost you so much??

Just feeling so sorry for y'all!!!

I have friends from Denmark and they're saying it has become very dangerous to go out

Also are there any major right wing parties that you can turn to??

Old 12-27-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
So i guess Denmark is a bit better??

So many countries are in bad shape cause of low oil prices.

Can i ask you generally why northern countries are so generous about immigration??

I mean you guys want these people but don't you know they are useless people with no skills and will cost you so much??

Just feeling so sorry for y'all!!!

I have friends from Denmark and they're saying it has become very dangerous to go out

Also are there any major right wing parties that you can turn to??
They are not in bad shape because of oil prices, that's just Norway. Germany and Sweden have a major refugee problem, southern europe is experiencing sky-high unemployment, Finland has a major export problem, France and Belgium is not able to recover at all from the crisis.

Yes, Denmark is doing slightly better. They got heavily impacted by the crisis in 2008, but they are not dependent on oil, and they are not letting in a lot of refugees. I don't think Denmark is more dangerous than before, hence it should be decently safe. Asylum seekers can certainly affect safety in the areas they are placed, but their biggest effect is on public finances. Sweden is expected to spend more than 10 billion dollars next year on recent refugees. That is equivalent to what US federal government spend on welfare, hence it is creating a big black hole in the Swedish state budget.

The reason we let them in, is because letting them in is easier politically, and many people are thinking with their gut instead of their brains. They are asking themselves what feels right, instead of what is right. A lot of these people delude themselves into thinking that this problem can get fixed somehow, or that the flow will eventually stop. Media helps them along, because mainstream media is very pro-refugee. When they finally realize they are wrong, like many have in Sweden, they get confused and instead try to ignore the whole topic.

We do have right wing parties to turn to. In Norway both the conservative party and the progress party are in favour of restrictions, but they need to get 50% to implement more restrictions. In Sweden they got Sweden Democrats, but the other parties have made a coalition against them. In Denmark all of the right wing and some of the left wing parties are in favour of restrictions. They are more limited by EU laws.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:30 PM

1,676 posts, read 942,685 times
No. Partly because I lost my grandmother this year, which has been very hard on me.

And secondly because of all the crap happening in the world these days. Horrible, horrible year. But there are some pluses.

This winter is warming than last, we're closer to Obama being sent out of the WH, and I have a somewhat good feeling about next year. Also, Trump is running, which is great entertainment and for other things.

Old 12-28-2015, 11:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,961,214 times
Politics aside, this year for me sucked! Nevertheless, I try to remain optimistic, and continue to press on. Having said that, I'm hoping 2016 is a much better year.

Old 12-28-2015, 11:28 AM

35,578 posts, read 20,909,470 times
I see many more employed and spending money buying homes- yea its better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies