Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 05:29 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,371,229 times

Advertisements

Why can't brussels sprouts, lima beans, liver, and durian disappear?

Old 12-27-2015, 06:30 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,058,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There's that wonderful tolerance the right is so famous for.
More like common sense!

Old 12-27-2015, 07:05 PM

15,935 posts, read 12,227,502 times
Pure bull2547.... for the simple fact that they throw around the whole "climate change" term as though it's actually happening... extreme weather has always occurred and will always continue to occur... there's nothing new about cold fronts, warm fronts, and low pressure systems.. nothing new about warm spells in winter caused by the jet stream or freeze warnings in north and central Florida... yet every time there's a snowstorm, tornado outbreak, Hurricane, drought, etc. people post garbage about climate change that frankly gets nauseating to read after awhile.

As a weather nut/meteorologist at least.... as this stuff has always happened and will always continue to happen. I'd be more worried if it stopped happening....

Old 12-27-2015, 08:30 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,927,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
since wine is made from grapes. dont you think it would follow that grapes would be endangered?
I have had huckleberry wine, elderberry wine, watermelon wine, cherry wine, raspberry wine, blackberry wine, chokecherry wine, apple wine, strawberry wine, and honey wine.
Even if humanity is so extremely stupid as to allow grapes to become extinct, there will still be wine and beer, as well as distilled spirits (whisky, brandy, vodka, gin, etc.).
Really, all that is needed is to move agriculture North (and South) as the world climate warms. In other words, agriculture will need to follow the Temperate Zones as they move!

Old 12-27-2015, 08:42 PM

552 posts, read 312,574 times
I don't want to live in a world without beer, wine, or avocadoes. But rest assured that global warming is a hoax designed by the left to exert world domination. It isn't real and neither is this scare tactic about disappearing foods.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:16 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,460,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
I don't want to live in a world without beer, wine, or avocadoes. But rest assured that global warming is a hoax designed by the left to exert world domination. It isn't real and neither is this scare tactic about disappearing foods.
Lol……the power of disinformation from outlets like Faux News and Rush Limbaugh, to say nothing of the Republican Party, is evident amongst scientifically illiterate conservatives, who are the majority of Republicans.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:20 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,056,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have had huckleberry wine, elderberry wine, watermelon wine, cherry wine, raspberry wine, blackberry wine, chokecherry wine, apple wine, strawberry wine, and honey wine.
Even if humanity is so extremely stupid as to allow grapes to become extinct, there will still be wine and beer, as well as distilled spirits (whisky, brandy, vodka, gin, etc.).
Really, all that is needed is to move agriculture North (and South) as the world climate warms. In other words, agriculture will need to follow the Temperate Zones as they move!
That's a relief.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:40 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,460,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Pure bull2547.... for the simple fact that they throw around the whole "climate change" term as though it's actually happening... extreme weather has always occurred and will always continue to occur... there's nothing new about cold fronts, warm fronts, and low pressure systems.. nothing new about warm spells in winter caused by the jet stream or freeze warnings in north and central Florida... yet every time there's a snowstorm, tornado outbreak, Hurricane, drought, etc. people post garbage about climate change that frankly gets nauseating to read after awhile.

As a weather nut/meteorologist at least.... as this stuff has always happened and will always continue to happen. I'd be more worried if it stopped happening....
What about average temperatures going up every year, glaciers disappearing and seas rising?

I think you forgot that part.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,723,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
you are right, i should have said mostly made from grapes. i sometimes forget that wine, like other alcohols, dont always require specific ingredients.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:11 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,895,322 times
Yesterday - December 27th - it was 65 degrees in Philadelphia and joggers were out in T-shirts and shorts. We haven't had a freeze yet. The roses and geraniums are still in bloom. One week ago it hit 75 degrees.

The weather does seem freakish this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies