Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 04:09 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Thats the narrative, but it would have been for everyone. Self reliance is the key to individual success! Not hand outs
Unless you are in the top 1%, right? For them he had plenty of goodies planned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 04:11 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Romney:

- Bad running mate
- Perceived as an elitist and only acted to bolster that image
- Insulted half the country
- RNC's braindead decision to try to run with the you didn't build that idiocy
- Wholly lacking in principle. He'd say literally anything if he thought it'd get him votes and people rightly saw him as a complete phony.

Perception does not necessarily equate to the facts.
He did not insult half the country. What he spoke was the truth.
Obama's remarks about "you didn't build that" was idiocy.
Typical of all politicians isn't it to literally say anything to gain votes? Most all politicians are phonies. Is that news to you?

Old 12-27-2015, 04:53 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
It proves that the Democrat machine is absolutely brilliant in the game of politics.

Take a very decent and smart guy like Romney and turn him into an evil Mittwit....that says a LOT about how good the Dems are.

Just wait until this current race for the WH is firmed-up.....the Dems will start using their magic.

Old 12-27-2015, 04:58 PM

7,501 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Keep the racist hate and freebies coming and anyone can be President!

Old 12-27-2015, 05:08 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Perception does not necessarily equate to the facts.
He did not insult half the country. What he spoke was the truth.
Obama's remarks about "you didn't build that" was idiocy.
Typical of all politicians isn't it to literally say anything to gain votes? Most all politicians are phonies. Is that news to you?
  • Yes he did. And what he said wasn't even true.
  • It was only idiocy if you took that one part of the statement in isolation. That's no small part of why it backfired - all people had to do was see a 5-10 second clip to know the slogan plastered all over the convention was BS
  • Most politicians at least appear to have some sort of guiding principles. Romney did not. The only thing he seemed to actually believe is that he should be president.

Romney is a guy who did a complete 180 on gun control, healthcare mandates, abortion, DADT, climate change...

What does he actually believe? Does anyone know? Does he know? He can't even decide if he wanted to go to Vietnam or not.

Old 12-27-2015, 05:20 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
The fact that Mitt Romney lost in 2012 shows that the USA isn't interested in electing anyone competent

The Thread title tells the entire story - we live in the Era of the "American Idol" President (Cruz & Trump are following the Obama Playbook) - BUT, we can't just "blame" the Leftists for this "new" type of President.

The Litmus Test Conservative Media is every bit as much to blame for the Obama Era and his reElection as the Far Right Wing. Anyone who stays at home and doesn't VOTE is the real party to "blame" for the person who gets Elected.

This could give us the Liar in Chief as President of the United States.
Competency means ZIPPO - it's all about the Razzle-Dazzle Rhetoric.

Old 12-27-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
  • Yes he did. And what he said wasn't even true.
  • It was only idiocy if you took that one part of the statement in isolation. That's no small part of why it backfired - all people had to do was see a 5-10 second clip to know the slogan plastered all over the convention was BS
  • Most politicians at least appear to have some sort of guiding principles. Romney did not. The only thing he seemed to actually believe is that he should be president.
Romney is a guy who did a complete 180 on gun control, healthcare mandates, abortion, DADT, climate change...

What does he actually believe? Does anyone know? Does he know? He can't even decide if he wanted to go to Vietnam or not.
Yes, it was true. 47% of Americans do not pay income taxes. Sorry, if the truth was sensitive to some but let the truth prevail.

Nonsense, as I said there are hardly any politicians with any guiding principles. That's why the American voter has been so disgusted with them. Please provide links to your assertions about what Romney did or didn't do from a viable source. I'll wait.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:15 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, it was true. 47% of Americans do not pay income taxes. Sorry, if the truth was sensitive to some but let the truth prevail.
What he said wasn't really that simple though. Much of that 47% that he claims don't pay taxes and would never vote for him because they're dependent on government are, surprise, senior citizens who vote overwhelmingly for Republicans.

Quote:
Nonsense, as I said there are hardly any politicians with any guiding principles. That's why the American voter has been so disgusted with them. Please provide links to your assertions about what Romney did or didn't do from a viable source. I'll wait.
I know you'll dismiss the source, but here's a nice run down with lots of links to videos of him radically changing his positions on various issues.

Mitt Romney's Biggest Flip Flops | Rolling Stone

Old 12-27-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
What he said wasn't really that simple though. Much of that 47% that he claims don't pay taxes and would never vote for him because they're dependent on government are, surprise, senior citizens who vote overwhelmingly for Republicans.

I know you'll dismiss the source, but here's a nice run down with lots of links to videos of him radically changing his positions on various issues.

Mitt Romney's Biggest Flip Flops | Rolling Stone

So what if some or many seniors are dependent on their SS to survive? They would still be a part of the 47% that don't owe any income taxes. It was just an accurate statement by Romney and those seniors were be a part of that 47%. It's not offensive it's just the facts.

You're right. I would dismiss your source as I asked for a viable source. Politicians have been known to change their minds on the issues. Sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes it isn't. Haven't you ever changed your mind on anything? Does that make you a bad person?

Old 12-27-2015, 07:53 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
I stopped at "pothead" ... who cares if he did pot? Not me. I don't like the man but I don't find drug use to be a valid argument against anything and find people who drink while being against drugs ... well hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies