Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 08:38 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,503,958 times

Advertisements

If I make a cake with two lesbian dolls drinking alcohol on it, what happens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 08:46 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,159,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
'Has nothing to do with the cake.

The issue is about the plastic toppings.
Please show from the court records where the cake decorations were ever discussed. In both cases the customers were turned away BEFORE any discussion of what the cake was to look like.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:07 PM

13,288 posts, read 7,838,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Please show from the court records where the cake decorations were ever discussed. In both cases the customers were turned away BEFORE any discussion of what the cake was to look like.
OMG!

The SUBSTANCE of the cake?

Transubstantiation?

Not transmutation?

Sounds like gaming the agenda to me.

Well, if that doesn't make the cake!

Let them have cake!

Old 12-29-2015, 10:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,085,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
and Christian bakers do not offer gay cakes, is there really a discrimination somewhere?
Quote:
Please do not paint me as an anti gay person, you know I am not.

You asked me a question, I answered. No need to give me an attitude.

This thread has MORE to do with DOUBLE STANDARD, very less to do with

1. Should gays get married
2. did you attend a gay wedding?

There is a double standard. If you don't agree, we can agree to disagree. But no need to throw a temper tantrum. We all have our different opinions. As a retailer whose family owns several retail stores, yes, I am curious about this type of subject. No more, no less.

By the way, I am all for gay marriage, but I also know there are many different types of people living in this world. live and let live, if they don't want to serve gay wedding cakes in their bakery, let them or make a compromise, everybody would be happy. Muslims don't want to serve alcohol, fine, christians don't want to sell gay wedding cake, it should be fine too. Just find another person who is willing to do business with you, what is the big deal?

What I am passionate about the government roles in this type of situation. I don't want to give government any more power to butt into people's private businesses. Let the businesses make the decision because the real decision maker is free market. The only loser in this situation WILL be the baker eventually because they are limiting their market. But let free market decide their fate, no need to ruin other people's businesses simply because they are "different." (for lack of a better word.)
Well I guess you are admitting to making a mistake when you said Christian bakers don't bake gay cakes.

As for the double standard, I said the Muslim should have to do the job hired to do. Though it is up to the employer if they wish to with an employee who doesn't want to do their job.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:00 PM

13,288 posts, read 7,838,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well I guess you are admitting to making a mistake when you said Christian bakers don't bake gay cakes.
Christian mechanics work on Subarus, don't they?

Old 12-29-2015, 11:07 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,030,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
If I make a cake with two lesbian dolls drinking alcohol on it, what happens?
No one will bake it or transport it. But we'd all be interested to see what that cake actually looks like.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Christian mechanics work on Subarus, don't they?
Huh? What does subarus have to do with anything.....

Old 12-29-2015, 11:41 PM

39,033 posts, read 27,449,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

As for the double standard, I said the Muslim should have to do the job hired to do. Though it is up to the employer if they wish to with an employee who doesn't want to do their job.
No, I don't know what you are talking about. (the bolded)

Never mind though, no need to argue anymore. Religion, itself, is a boring subject. I have no problems admitting I made a mistake if I actually made a mistake, To me, it is not a big deal. But I honestly don't know what you were talking about.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
No, I don't know what you are talking about. (the bolded)

Never mind though, no need to argue anymore. Religion, itself, is a boring subject. I have no problems admitting I made a mistake if I actually made a mistake, To me, it is not a big deal. But I honestly don't know what you were talking about.
So you are saying you didn't post this or you didn't know what you were saying in your post?

Quote:
and Christian bakers do not offer gay cakes, is there really a discrimination somewhere?

Old 12-30-2015, 12:19 AM

33,512 posts, read 37,049,703 times
I think some folks need to get with the times...Same sex marriage has been a constitutional right in the US since last June......Live with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies