Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 12:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
How fast can you say 'drop it' or 'drop'? Even if this was fabricated; it was still no reason to discipline the officers - they were doing their job with the best information they had at that time. It isn't like the whole Country was not out to get them after the shooting and it isn't like this case was not very carefully reviewed. Nobody wants another riot and they would easily throw out the bad cops before that happened.

Police dispatcher, call taker revealed in Tamir Rice shooting ca According to that link: "You may recall the dispatcher never told officers responding to the 911 call that Tamir Rice may have been a juvenile and the gun may have been a fake.". I just have to ask; was the dispatcher Black? The reason I ask is because nobody is calling for her head/prosecution. Everybody wants to see the White cop locked up that was only doing his job.

The only thing I found quickly was this: Cleveland officer who shot Tamir Rice had 'dismal' handgun performance for Independence police | cleveland.com. I don't see anything there about deemed mentally deficient. As far as whether he could follow directions, was distracted or "weepy" - he still responded correctly in this case that received national attention.

This was a case of multiple mistakes. The mother has to shoulder most of the blame. Tamir also was to blame. Then you have the person that placed the 911 call and the person that received the call and did not pass on all the information to her supervisor. You could even blame the dispatcher for relaying the information. Then you have the police that might or might not have said multiple times to drop it.

It is all irrelevant; Tamir is dead and somebody should know how this whole set of events were placed into motion. It all started at home. People have to have blinders on if they think it is acceptable to walk into malls with real or fake guns today.
Yeah. In an 'open carry' state no less.

What did Rice do that was against the law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 12:39 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Do you think for a second, that even with open carry, that it is acceptable to wave and point your weapon at customers in a mall? I think you would be breaking a few laws and would be greeted just like Tamir was greeted. You might get away temporarily with that behavior at a sporting goods store while buying a weapon; but not at a mall.

Besides that Malls are private property and can they not set standards for weapons and behavior?

Old 12-29-2015, 12:56 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If somebody called the police every time they saw an eleven year old boy playing with a gun at the park back in 1966 a whole bunch of us would have been shot by the cops.

I bet the guy who called regrets it every day.
It wasn't a kid playing with a gun. The cops were called because he was aiming it at people, and threatening them with it.

THIS is why the CA shooters were able to do what they did. Apparently, because the "kid" was black you should not call the cops, lest you be deemed a racist. Of course he doesn't regret it. What if it was a real gun? What if that gun killed a kid?

Old 12-29-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
He didn't get the chance to point it at the LEOs, he was attempting to take it out of his waist band when he was shot.
Good. Because by the time it was pointed at the cop, it would have been fired.

See how that works?

Old 12-29-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
O.K.

He also said he gave him multiple warnings. The cop is a liar so what he says means nothing.

Thanks.....the one officer never got out of the car and the one doing the shooting fired as soon as he got out. Obviously they are lying.
He said he did. You think he's lying. That doesn't mean he did lie.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I can have a problem with all three. I should dismiss the cops lies becuase the dispatcher didn't do their job correctly?
You keep saying the cop lied. How do you know that for a fact? Were you there?

Old 12-29-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Open Carry doesn't mean you can wave your gun around. It doesn't mean you can threaten others with that gun.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:10 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It wasn't a kid playing with a gun. The cops were called because he was aiming it at people, and threatening them with it.

THIS is why the CA shooters were able to do what they did. Apparently, because the "kid" was black you should not call the cops, lest you be deemed a racist. Of course he doesn't regret it. What if it was a real gun? What if that gun killed a kid?
Who said the cops shouldn't have been called? Who? Point them out. How can you not understand that it's astonishing that so many people, I would say the usual suspects, are applauding this decision. In fact, applauding the fact that some cops pulled up to a kid in a park, got out & shot him within 2 seconds. Two seconds. Two. You find that acceptable?? I don't give a damn if the cops were white or black. That kid was shot & killed by a cop & he was standing there, just standing there. Now we have a woman who was pointing a bb gun at cops & nothing. Nothing was done. Nothing. Why don't you think about that for a moment.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:16 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Who said the cops shouldn't have been called? Who? Point them out. How can you not understand that it's astonishing that so many people, I would say the usual suspects, are applauding this decision. In fact, applauding the fact that some cops pulled up to a kid in a park, got out & shot him within 2 seconds. Two seconds. Two. You find that acceptable?? I don't give a damn if the cops were white or black. That kid was shot & killed by a cop & he was standing there, just standing there. Now we have a woman who was pointing a bb gun at cops & nothing. Nothing was done. Nothing. Why don't you think about that for a moment.
No he wasnt just standing there. He was pulling out his 🔫 and got shot.

You can if and but everything else but the kid had his hand on the fake gun and the cop thought it was real and fired.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:18 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
No he wasnt just standing there. He was pulling out his 🔫 and got shot.

You can if and but everything else but the kid had his hand on the fake gun and the cop thought it was real and fired.
I've actually seen the video, thanks. He wasn't pulling it out. Now, what about the woman who pointed a bb gun at cops, what about that?

It's very telling about people who support & applaud what these cops did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies