Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 06:42 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Minorities line up behind … Donald Trump

A higher percentage among blacks and hispanics than even his support from whites.

I guess everyone is sick of politicians as usual. Trump, Sanders, and Carson are the only three candidates that offer anything different from the same "republicrat" politics since Reagan.

The modern politician seeks personal wealth and power at the expense of those they are charged with protecting (See Clinton, Obama, Harkin, Gore, Gingrich, Boehner, McConnel).

Old 12-30-2015, 07:46 AM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I guess everyone is sick of politicians as usual. Trump, Sanders, and Carson are the only three candidates that offer anything different from the same "republicrat" politics since Reagan.

The modern politician seeks personal wealth and power at the expense of those they are charged with protecting (See Clinton, Obama, Harkin, Gore, Gingrich, Boehner, McConnel).

It seems that everyone is sick of the status quo. Elect Hillary and we might as well be giving Obama another term. Trump is not the perfect candidate but he might be just what America needs to get back on the highway and off this bumpy dead end dirt road we have been on.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:53 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Here's the methodology Clout Research used. The progressive left calls this push polling:

"Question 3: If you were voting today in your state’s primary or caucus election for the Republican nomination for president, and the candidates were, in alphabetical order, Jeb Bush, Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, John Kasich, Marco Rubio and Donald Trump, for whom would you vote?”
No. I'm not "progressive left" I am more complicated then your label that you trot out to try and insult others. Surprise!

And I gave en example of push polling that the polling company had used in the past.

They are well known for nonsense. Badly enough that they changed their name.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:03 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It is in your own link, if you scrolled to the bottom and bothered to click on the actual question it takes you to the data they collected where it shows they asked 390 white people, 10 black people, 31 Hispanic people, and 16 Asian people.

Ahh reason # 583,279,192 why some people should read their own link prior to posting....

Old 12-30-2015, 08:05 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Well, this poll only covered registered Republicans (not even lean-Republicans, who are typically included in reputable polls), so no Independents or Democrats whatsoever included in it.

In that limited universe, I am not particularly surprised by the results. I mean, think of minority Republicans like Allan West, Herman Cain, Geraldo Rivera, Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sewell, Alan Keyes, Larry Elders and so on. I don't think they'd have an issue voting for someone like Mr. Trump. Minorities are a wicked tiny segment of the registered Republicans and those folks stayed in the party notwithstanding its usual racial rhetorics, so I am not sure what the relevance of this poll is.

Says nothing about the general election, of course. Good luck with that.

Mick

Old 12-30-2015, 09:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Minorities line up behind … Donald Trump

A higher percentage among blacks and hispanics than even his support from whites.

Yet, Carson still beats Hilary by the most gap in the selected polling. With Ted Cruz beating her too by more than the margin of error.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:27 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It is in your own link, if you scrolled to the bottom and bothered to click on the actual question it takes you to the data they collected where it shows they asked 390 white people, 10 black people, 31 Hispanic people, and 16 Asian people.
Another example of why listing percentages without the raw numbers is meaningless.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:16 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ahh reason # 583,279,192 why some people should read their own link prior to posting....
Notice how the OP ran away from his own thread once I pointed that out.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:14 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Clout research is a rebrand (because people started recognizing the prior companies name as being lies constantly) of a ethically challenged polling company. They were demonstrated to create false polling data for world news daily in the past. Nothing has changed here, your quite literally repeating false propaganda as if it were true.

This is a repeat of a post both here, and in the elections tab. And its still not based on reality.
Polls are about worthless. One day a poll says the majority of Americans view Hilary as untrustworthy, and the next poll she's the most admired person in the world.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Polls are about worthless. One day a poll says the majority of Americans view Hilary as untrustworthy, and the next poll she's the most admired person in the world.

Eric Cantor would still be in Congress, if the polling was correct. Happening in quite a few elections lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies