Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support more restrictions on firearms?
Yes 64 52.89%
No 57 47.11%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 09:08 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I live in CA, please do not speak for us.
Actually I was born and raised there but that isn't why I said CA and NY it's because those 2 states have the highest populations they control the majority votes. My point was both of those states are over taken by Liberals who want to ban firearms if this country was ruled by 51% of the vote that is how it would be. Lucky for the rest of us we have something called the constitution which doesn't allow 51% to have absolute rule.

Lets talk about the no fly list while it sounds like great plan you ban all these guys from buying firearms it won't stop one act of terrorism. First of all again if a person is bent on killing he is going to get someone else to do a straw purchase for him he and his straw purchase friend aren't concerned with breaking any laws because they are going to be meeting Allah soon and it won't matter.

There have been several people who for some reason gotten their name stuck on those no fly lists and found it to be very difficult to get them removed. There is no due process here where people that are denied a firearm due to a conviction they have been though the due process system. We don't need more stupid laws that are going to have zero effect.

No-fly list nightmares: The program's most embarrassing mistakes - CNNPolitics.com

Old 12-31-2015, 09:09 PM
ptt

497 posts, read 637,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Gee--imagine Obama doing something that the majority of the country has wanted done for quite some time. Don't worry, the NRA will sue, no doubt.
Can't agree more.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:16 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptt View Post
Can't agree more.
Actually, there was a poll on one of the other threads that showed 60% of Americans oppose any more gun laws.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:25 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Did you read the article? Are you really kicking about the idea that people on the no-fly list should not be allowed to buy guns? I
The same no-fly list which included that dastardly terrorist mastermind Senator Ted Kennedy and various other government officials and members of the military?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Aug19.html

https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-free...oples-freedoms

What other rights should we put on the chopping block for an error-ridden, arbitrarily defined list that even the government cant make sense of?

Fix the no-fly list first so it stops ensnaring thousands of innocent people and then go from there.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:31 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
I like this one

In 2004, a Washington-bound United Airlines flight from London was diverted to Maine after officials discovered Yusuf Islam, the singer formerly known as Cat Stevens, was on board. Islam was denied entry into the U.S. and made to return to the U.K.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:39 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Did you read the article? Are you really kicking about the idea that people on the no-fly list should not be allowed to buy guns? I realize that Al Qaeda bombed the World Trade center using just utility knives, but I would be far more likely to back down if someone pulled a MAC-10 on me than a box cutter.
The no fly list is another way to deny law abiding citizens their right to own gun. Anyone can be put on the no fly list. You don't even know, you can't find out why or contest why your on the list. You don't have any recourse.

Old 01-01-2016, 02:11 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,812 times
Oh.

Are you aware that Presidents are permitted to issue executive orders? They are.

Even while black.

Old 01-01-2016, 08:02 AM

35,062 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The Obama Derangement Syndrome brigade is at it again, ignoring (or clueless of) the fact that President Obama is issuing executive orders at the lowest rate of anyone since the first Presidency of Grover Cleveland - which ended in 1889.

Executive Orders
The issue isn't the number of executive orders. It's their use when Congress has decided consciously is doesn't want a certain field of concern regulated, or regulated the way Obama wants. Issues such as the Iranian "deal," immigration, global warming and guns are areas where Congress has decided not to act. That may be a good, or bad decision but not one warranting executive orders.

Civil rights was different. JFK used executive orders where the ground was covered by Constitutional amendments, some legislation and court decisions.

Old 01-01-2016, 08:50 AM

887 posts, read 1,215,367 times
The guy is an outlaw.

Old 01-01-2016, 08:59 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The Obama Derangement Syndrome brigade is at it again, ignoring (or clueless of) the fact that President Obama is issuing executive orders at the lowest rate of anyone since the first Presidency of Grover Cleveland - which ended in 1889.

Executive Orders
This is how I picture people who continually pronounce Obama as The Worst President Ever:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies