Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2016, 04:30 PM

34,001 posts, read 17,030,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So you have not marched either, I wonder why?

If he had, he might not be around to tell about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 04:32 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,094,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
Do you have a plan to do something when the march arrives? Will we knock on doors and ask if we can paint a fence, clean up trash, go shopping for a few families, steer kids away from needles? Will we be wearing bullet proof vests while passing 40 ouncers around? It sounds like a great idea but without a plan it wouldn't be much more than a tourist trip to the third world.
I was planning on watching the conservatives dirty their drawers while I laugh my head off.

Old 01-03-2016, 04:33 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
I was planning on watching the conservatives dirty their drawers while I laugh my head off.
So you admit you lied....perfect!

Old 01-03-2016, 04:34 PM

552 posts, read 313,801 times
Quote:
You have no plan and instead of doing something productive to help the people of South Side and West Chicago you are going to laugh in the face of their plight? How "caring".

Old 01-03-2016, 04:43 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
You have no plan and instead of doing something productive to help the people of South Side and West Chicago you are going to laugh in the face of their plight? How "caring".
That sounds like something Hillary would do.

But I think she's too ethical ** cough cough** for Chicago politics. Vote early. Vote often.

Old 01-03-2016, 04:46 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,094,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So you admit you lied....perfect!
I didn't lie. I've been asking to lead this march for three years now. I've already canvassed in the inner city with nothing but a flashlight, paper, pen and a clipboard.

Old 01-03-2016, 04:47 PM

552 posts, read 313,801 times
Quote:
I've already canvassed in the inner city with nothing but a flashlight, paper, pen and a clipboard.
Where, Syracuse?

Old 01-03-2016, 05:10 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
2 dead, 15 wounded in city shootings - Chicago Tribune

Sun, rain, or snow, you can always count on Chicago to produce a body count. Are any of these shooters going to be called "domestic terrorists"? How many of those guns do you suppose were bought through the "gun show loophole".
Lets see...the equivalent would be: Chicago 2.7 million people.

~ 9 people shot in a city of 1.3 million

~ 5 people shot in a city of 650,000

~ 2 people shot in a city of 325,000

~ 1 person shot in a city of 162,000......on new years day.

Stop hyping Chicago violence! It only makes it worse.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:25 PM

26,457 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Lets see...the equivalent would be: Chicago 2.7 million people.

~ 9 people shot in a city of 1.3 million

~ 5 people shot in a city of 650,000

~ 2 people shot in a city of 325,000

~ 1 person shot in a city of 162,000......on new years day.

Stop hyping Chicago violence! It only makes it worse.
Not who you were talking to, but you seem to be living in a fantasy land.

Chicago is bad, period.

Chicago leads the nation in murders for 4 years running.

Chicago leads the nation in mass shootings.

Chicago has many nice areas with low crime rates, but the bad areas are...very bad. Chicago has neighborhoods with a murder rate above 100. Chicago may have a lower murder rate than Detroit, but Detroit doesn't have nice areas either to lower the average down. Compare the bad areas of Chicago to Detroit and there is no difference.

People have pointed out that East Saint Louis has the #1 murder rate, but East Saint Louis has around 25,000 people total. There is a neighborhood in Chicago with a similar population and a higher murder rate.

America

Old 01-03-2016, 05:45 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Not who you were talking to, but you seem to be living in a fantasy land.

Chicago is bad, period.

Chicago leads the nation in murders for 4 years running.

Chicago leads the nation in mass shootings.

Chicago has many nice areas with low crime rates, but the bad areas are...very bad. Chicago has neighborhoods with a murder rate above 100. Chicago may have a lower murder rate than Detroit, but Detroit doesn't have nice areas either to lower the average down. Compare the bad areas of Chicago to Detroit and there is no difference.

People have pointed out that East Saint Louis has the #1 murder rate, but East Saint Louis has around 25,000 people total. There is a neighborhood in Chicago with a similar population and a higher murder rate.

America
You can pretty much do that in most cities. You can isolate an area and extrapolate a murder rate of 100 per 100,000. Muskegon Heights MI had 10 murders in a city of 10,000 last year. If you isolate the North Side of Flint, where most murder occur in Flint, same thing. It true in a lot of cities.

Chicago is rough. No doubt. But there are robbers and killers in most cities. This is an unfortunate truth. I think by steady focusing on Chicago Crime.....the same thing that happened to Detroit will happen to Chicago. It will drive investment and people away. However, Chicago is more polarized within the city itself, while Detroit become polarized between the city and suburbs. So Chicago can isolate problems to certain sections of the city keeping the other communities from experiencing mass exodus.

Put another way. On New Years Day.....2,750,000 people did not get shot in Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies