Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 08:39 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I have it on good authority that people can plan for that sort of thing these days.

Here's a decent (well, except for language) article about females in combat arms. Male author, if that counts for anything. There's even a section on pregnancy. Short version: Be smart, make sure people have access to contraception, and don't pretend you can solve anything by banning sex and assume that's it. Other armies can handle it.

Females in the Infantry? Er...Yes, actually. | Breach Bang Clear
I guess I thoroughly misunderstood the OP. I thought this thread was about racial integration of the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 10:01 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Did you see what victimofGM posted? Some women WANT to get pregnant.
Some people in combat zones or other deployments don't want to be there and will do irresponsible things to game the system. The problem isn't in people getting pregnant or doing other dumb sh.t to get out, the problem is failing to identify those - men or women - who don't want to be there. Because it's a given that they will do a rotten job, no matter if they manage to engineer an escape or not.

Quote:
Males don't have this type of problems.
Pulling stupid stuff to get out of duty is what unmotivated troops have done since half of Joshua's trumpeters claimed to have a sore throat on Jericho morning.

Quote:
Women can serve, but not in combat zone.
Women serve in combat zones all the time, just not in combat roles. Getting their share of the risk, but none of the glory (and advance opportunities).

Quote:
A sniper and his spotter, both men, they can stuck together for days for an op. Male and a female? gee Don't think so.
Why not? Irrepressible lust? Because if so, I am kinda getting worried about US military discipline.

Old 01-09-2016, 12:18 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
Quote:
Some people in combat zones or other deployments don't want to be there and will do irresponsible things to game the system. The problem isn't in people getting pregnant or doing other dumb sh.t to get out, the problem is failing to identify those - men or women - who don't want to be there. Because it's a given that they will do a rotten job, no matter if they manage to engineer an escape or not.
Not enough people want to be there to fight the war.

"Show of hands! How many of you troops want to go back home?....Well, dang, I guess this war is over, then."

Old 01-09-2016, 12:21 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
I don't know many people in the military that "want" to fight in any war. I know I certainly didn't but I did.

Old 01-09-2016, 12:40 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,408,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Exactly. No one. Over 30% of my husband's unit didn't come back from Afghanistan on his first deployment. Who the !!!! is thinking about integration issues?

Wow.
Right-wingers.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:55 AM

39,195 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:

Pulling stupid stuff to get out of duty is what unmotivated troops have done since half of Joshua's trumpeters claimed to have a sore throat on Jericho morning.

Women serve in combat zones all the time, just not in combat roles. Getting their share of the risk, but none of the glory (and advance opportunities).

Why not? Irrepressible lust? Because if so, I am kinda getting worried about US military discipline.
whatever Pointless to argue with you.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:02 AM

26,457 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
One of my crazy friends told me months ago that integration in the U.S. military was one of the worst things to happen to the U.S. LOL. Do you agree or disagree?
Yes. Of course integration of the military was a good thing.

Could you at least please give some of his reasons?

Next question: is it a good idea to eat vegetables?

Old 04-09-2016, 07:54 PM

72,965 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
One of my crazy friends told me months ago that integration in the U.S. military was one of the worst things to happen to the U.S. LOL. Do you agree or disagree?
I agree that integrating the military was a good idea. How can you justify fighting for freedom in a segregated military? When you're country needs you, is it suppose to matter what color you are? If we're all fighting for the same cause, an American cause, then shouldn't all American citizens stand together, in an integrated military?

Whoever said integrating the military was a bad idea is very unpatriotic.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:00 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,736,978 times
We are all Americans. There is no question

Old 04-09-2016, 08:01 PM

72,965 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
We are all Americans. There is no question
And we should treat one another like Americans. If we did that, that would solve a majority of our problems.

If we are all Americans, then why have a segregated military?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies