Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 12:33 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
You'd be surprised at who is having all those children and how politically connected they are:

Cuomo Helps Welfare Jews and They Help Him Right Back

Welfare Reform? Not For The Orthodox - The Daily Beast

$20M Hasidic Fraud Suspects Claimed To Be Millionaires and Paupers

Kiryas Joel in New York state has one of the highest poverty rates in the USA and subsequently receives vast amounts of welfare. Much of that poverty is due to mothers/wives being kept out of the workforce (SAHMs) and the large number of children borne per family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiryas_Joel,_New_York

Yet as the above link shows many of that sect are *NOT* poor by any stretch. They just know how to skillfully manipulate (or buy off via votes or otherwise) politicians. That and the ability on a grand scale to steal, connive, hide or otherwise keep assets out of sight.
Need to unempower all regarding social assistance. Put frauds jail, no TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 01:18 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Yes, and Trump has ideas about getting Americans working again. "Productive" jobs do not equal part-time big box store or fast food and even some college grads are doing those. Vote 2016 and express your opinion at the polls.

Again, the election can go a long way in getting ahead of this and it is the ONLY way to possibly get ahead of it. We can bring jobs back and remove people illegally in the country.

This is not unique to FL: Eligibility | Food and Nutrition Service Requirements

It's past time!!! Let's revive "personal responsibility". Support your own kids or don't have them would be a good start and more and more as jobs disappear for the uneducated illegals, they fill in the food budget with more anchor babies, they were all out with their 5 kids shopping since the welfare comes out first of the month. Again, let your voice be heard in the election 2016!
By that logic, no one except millionaires or billionaires should breed. My spouse and I are waiting before we have at least $250K in the bank and a house paid off in full before we feel financially ready to have kids (we are both planning on continuing to work of course, but to have at least a house all paid off and $250K minimum in savings, and maintain our zero debt.

To me, having a kid with less would be irresponsible, because let's face it, kids are very expensive.

But in a sense, my spouse and I could still be considered irresponsible because one medical emergency or diagnosis, especially if it's something that insurance doesn't cover, can set you back hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Then what?

The only people who would still be financially capable of raising a kid after that would be the Waltons and Zuckerbergs of this country.

So if everyone refrained from having children unless truly ready for kids, Americans would go extinct.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:54 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
My six year old nephews can find things on the Internet without hand holding, but yet you guys...

It is a violation of copyright to post SS content here so you all will have to just learn how to find ways around paywall protected material. It isn't *that* difficult: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...ntinel&tbm=nws
Seriously.

Does no one ever play around with the "Inspect Element" when they right click? I have bypassed many of these containers by going in there and deleting the proper node. Sometimes, I have to do a little more work, but I have gained access to many a "pay us to read" news site this way.

If people don't want to spend time learning how to do that, (and once you do, it's faster than searching for an alternative), just flippin' put the title in your favorite search engine. Look for the little "down arrow" underneath the title, next to the words "Sun Sentinel".

Click "cached pge".

Read without paying.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=Flo...7YwsMAmiN8XCe7

Learn to use the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It's applicable to able- bodied adults age 18-50.

The vast majority of SNAP beneficiaries are children, disabled or elderly and are exempt from the federal work requirement.

States have always had the ability to apply for exemption to federal SNAP and TANF work requirements requirements if they meet the criteria for exemption or modify how they track work. Often the same states that applied for and were granted exemptions, turn around and blame big bad federal government for welfare spending.

When the state no longer meets the criteria, the governor typically issues a press release about how he/she is going to get tough and impose work requirements.
It's for able bodied people who have no children.

Quote:
As of Jan. 1, the state is reinstating a requirement that nondisabled adults between the ages of 18 and 49 who don't have children work or volunteer at least 20 hours a week to get benefits for more than three months. Unemployed recipients can also participate in a job training program to satisfy the requirement.
There is zero excuse for those people not to work.

Quote:
The Florida Department of Children and Families estimates the new requirements will affect 24,199 working-age adults in Broward, 18,057 in Palm Beach County and 32,095 in Miami-Dade. About 300,000 people will be affected across the state.
As stated, the supplement is about $146 per month for these types of people. PER MONTH. So 300,000 times $146, PER MONTH, ($525,600,000 per year) is a nice start.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 01-02-2016 at 02:17 PM..

Old 01-02-2016, 04:08 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Yes, and Trump has ideas about getting Americans working again. "Productive" jobs do not equal part-time big box store or fast food and even some college grads are doing those. Vote 2016 and express your opinion at the polls.

Again, the election can go a long way in getting ahead of this and it is the ONLY way to possibly get ahead of it. We can bring jobs back and remove people illegally in the country.

This is not unique to FL: Eligibility | Food and Nutrition Service Requirements

It's past time!!! Let's revive "personal responsibility". Support your own kids or don't have them would be a good start and more and more as jobs disappear for the uneducated illegals, they fill in the food budget with more anchor babies, they were all out with their 5 kids shopping since the welfare comes out first of the month. Again, let your voice be heard in the election 2016!
I will and should anyone else other than Trump suggest the productive jobs, I'll vot e them even if I have to write them in. I am not voting a pupeeter to replace the puppets. That's like amputating and arm to stop the bleeding from a severed finger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies