Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 05:33 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
In the Eric Garner case the police were instructed to NOT use a choke hold. They did anyway. If they don't have to comply then the citizens do not have to either. This is how it works.

We need our police to protect our citizens; the rich, the middle-class and the poor. Also we need them to protect all of our people and not just one race.

Of course there will be some bad police officers. We are looking at them under the microscope today. However, if you look at anybody long and hard enough; you are going to find faults. Go after the ones that truly showed bad judgment; but don't discredit all of them. There are many that do the job that we do not want to touch and they put their lives on the line.

It is one thing to protest against the laws that we told our politicians to make; it is another thing to go after the instruments of law.

You pick just one handful of cases nationwide. Heck, in Chicago, on New Year's Eve, you had 15 wounded and 3 dead: 3 dead, 21 injured in Chicago shootings on New Year's weekend | abc7chicago.com. Who do you think has to be there to clean up the mess? Our communities rely on our police to restore order. If our police were not there; it would be everybody for themselves. There would be no stores; no work and anybody could be shot dead at any time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 05:37 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
We need our police to protect our citizens; the rich, the middle-class and the poor. Also we need them to protect all of our people and not just one race.
Dismissed and ignored. This isn't just about race.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:49 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
America does not tolerate jaywalking.

If you want to jaywalk, git your sorry ass over to India or Somalia or somewhere.

If you want to jaywalk in the United States, you'd better carry a hammer (and have the proper training in the use of said) to defend yourself.
"I was traumatised, disorientated, my conference programme was in the gutter and I was begging them to give it back to me and to give me my spectacles back," he said. "I still find it incredible that an ageing, mild-mannered professor of impeccable antecedent, should be the subject of such abominable treatment."

Historian 'pinned to ground by US police and beaten for jaywalking' - Telegraph

England too. Not long ago; a Brit got taken down in Atlanta for jay walking. Tho I'm real surprised that la raza didn't whine about it, the perp's name was Felipe Fernandez Armesto.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:13 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"Newport, OR - The Lincoln County District Attorney Wednesday determined a Newport police officer’s actions were justified when he shot a suspect wielding a hammer. Thilavanh’s condition is considered non-life-threatening.

Even I could have tipped over that old frail guy and disarmed him.

It is disturbing that in the 6 minute video the cop only covers his body camera in the seconds before and during the shooting (3 shots). That was no an accident. Cops shouldn't be allowed to deliberately obstruct their cameras.

WOW, another, "I know MOE then the Attorney General who investigated the case"!

Old 01-04-2016, 04:44 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

Of course there will be some bad police officers. We are looking at them under the microscope today. However, if you look at anybody long and hard enough; you are going to find faults. Go after the ones that truly showed bad judgment; but don't discredit all of them. There are many that do the job that we do not want to touch and they put their lives on the line.

It is one thing to protest against the laws that we told our politicians to make; it is another thing to go after the instruments of law.

You pick just one handful of cases nationwide. Heck, in Chicago, on New Year's Eve, you had 15 wounded and 3 dead: 3 dead, 21 injured in Chicago shootings on New Year's weekend | abc7chicago.com. Who do you think has to be there to clean up the mess? Our communities rely on our police to restore order. If our police were not there; it would be everybody for themselves. There would be no stores; no work and anybody could be shot dead at any time.
Seems cops don't shoot bad guys, just weak prey.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:46 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
There are too many Hobbits.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:49 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
They tazed him twice and it didn't work due to the thick clothing. This is a justified shooting. Dangerous man with hammer not listening to police and he actually turned on them a few times like he was going to swing at them. A hammer is a deadly weapon
Assault hammers are illegal in most states.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:13 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,389,895 times
We are all screwed if he doesn't get that ring to Mordor.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:03 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
That guy was Oswald Cobblepot, notorious Gotham City crime lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies